AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 07:04   Link #41
Iron Maw
Banned

Better quality scan courtesy of Mangahelpers:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/6034/3102.jpg
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 08:00   Link #42
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Hope its doesn't end like Soul Eater anime adaptation...
ow god... please...
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:47   Link #43
Crimson Reaper

I kinda have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I think it could be a very fun anime to watch, but at the back of my mind I can't help but wonder what'll happen when it catches up to the manga. Fillers can be Hell very easily. But that's in the future, let's worry about it then.
On another note, this will be the first time I've read a manga before the anime version came out.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 17:06   Link #44
DangerMouse

I'm looking forwards to this, I never expected those two studios to collaborate on this type of show just like Bones when they announced Soul Eater and I loved that show and it's animation

Can't wait to check this out, could use a brand new lengthy action adventure.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 19:15   Link #45
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Hey hey don't get me wrong , actually Erza it's a cool character =P their battles are pretty interesting , obviously Natsu will get the boss but she's strong and can take care of herself not to mention that his development has been interesting.
I don't like most of the male principal characters simply because at this point of the manga they seem to be pretty plain, obviously i got some laughs when Gray and Natsu are together, but i'm always waiting to see more Erza than Natsu or Gray =P,
Spoiler:
I see, I'm sorry I just assumed you would watch the show just for the fanservice. I agree that Erza is a great character, but a lot of people just like her for how she looks and because she's female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
I kinda have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I think it could be a very fun anime to watch, but at the back of my mind I can't help but wonder what'll happen when it catches up to the manga. Fillers can be Hell very easily. But that's in the future, let's worry about it then.
On another note, this will be the first time I've read a manga before the anime version came out.
Slow down, we have at least 2 seasons to go before it catches up to the manga, which will be more than enough to cover the manga so far and 1 or 2 more arcs without getting into fillers.

The more important question is whether they'll decide to make it into a long-term anime, or just stop it after 50 episodes, like Kekkaishi, Soul Eater, Air Gear etc.
Old 2009-06-30, 22:34   Link #46
game2007

Oh yeah, about Natus's voice... Most people here seem to agree that his voice will be similar sounding to Luffy's, but the PSP game Sunday vs. Magazine already gave him a voice which is nothing like what we think at all... Think they'll use the same voices from that game for Natsu and Lucy?
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 03:36   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
The more important question is whether they'll decide to make it into a long-term anime, or just stop it after 50 episodes, like Kekkaishi, Soul Eater, Air Gear etc.
Air Gear was only 25 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Oh yeah, about Natus's voice... Most people here seem to agree that his voice will be similar sounding to Luffy's, but the PSP game Sunday vs. Magazine already gave him a voice which is nothing like what we think at all... Think they'll use the same voices from that game for Natsu and Lucy?
It's been known to happen before, though it's hard to say for certain if it will this time around. I'll have to check out the voices from this game though, and see for myself what i think.

& i don't think Natsu should sound anything like Luffy.
Old 2009-07-01, 06:12   Link #48
blewin

I remember reading part of the manga and it was really good, but I'm not good at sticking with manga when I haven't first seen its anime adaptation... well, good to know Fairy Tail will be animated!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 06:37   Link #49
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'm rather excited about it all, especially if it gets some good budget. There are a lot of things I'd love to see get Animated in Fairy Tail, especially the win that is Erza.

Hopefully it doesn't get the short-end of the stick like Rave Master did in the anime department.
Old 2009-07-01, 07:23   Link #50
NateFate
Just A Newbie Animers

Send a message via Yahoo to NateFate
when this out?
NateFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 07:42   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krekez View Post
when this out?
If you read the first post you'll find your answer.
Old 2009-07-02, 09:08   Link #52
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
wow really nice i wanna see Lucy in Action!

can't wait for Fall
Old 2009-07-02, 09:24   Link #53
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
WAOOHOOO

Ive enjoyed this manga for a few months now, and I picked it up during the Ezra arc, I am really excited about this show.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 10:24   Link #54
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Since it's shounen, it will definitely be longer than 26 episodes.

They can probably stop it after the Tower of Paradise arc, which will probably be after 50 episodes, and that will be as good a place as any, with only one problem - Natsu's past will never be revealed. I don't like it when they introduce a story point and never address it, especially a major one like that, so I would prefer the show to be continuous. We don't know how long the manga will be, but if it doesn't go above 300 chapters, it can probably be finished in one 150-episode anime without many fillers.

As for VA, I already made some suggestions in the manga thread. Here they are:

Natsu: Mayumi Tanaka - can't imagine anyone else

Lucy: Fumiko Orikasa - cute and sometimes bossy, just like Lucy

Gray: Tomokazu Seki - youthful and manly at the same time

Erza: Marina Inoue - strong and kind at the same time

Gazille: Kazuya Nakai - pretty badass and manly

Loki: Hiroaki Hirata - very smooth voice for a player

Happy: Ikue Ohtani - cute and funny

Gerard: Miyano Mamoru - fit for an evil genius

Can't think of anyone else at this point...
I think they might have already decided who to use for Natsu and Lucy. In the recent PSP crossover fighting game - Sunday VS Magazine, The Fairy Tail characters made their debut, Natsu and Lucy were both voiced in it.

Natsu was voiced by Miyu Irino: Saji Crossroad [Gundam 00]/Syaoran [Tsubasa Chronicles].

While Lucy was voiced by Mika Kikuchi Mokona[Tsubasa Chronicles]/Arika [Mai Otome].

Although having Mayumi for Natsu might be a little too cheeky, the similarities with Luffy are there but I'm sure the producers and directors don't want to be linked with One Piece once again when the Manga has gotten loads of flack over it when it first began.
Old 2009-07-20, 03:15   Link #55
-khriz-

Wow this is so cool http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/fairytail/
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 22:57   Link #56
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
Wow..it already looks better than Rave Master
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 05:28   Link #57
Miles Teg

Fairy Tail voice actor have been officially announced :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...honen-magazine

Quote:
This year's 36th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine will announce the voice cast for the television anime adaptation of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail manga next Wednesday.

Natsu: Tetsuya Kakihara (Gurren Lagann - Simon)
Lucy: Aya Hirano (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Haruhi Suzumiya)
Happy: Rie Kugimiya (Fullmetal Alchemist - Alphonse Elric, Saki - Yūki Kataoka)
Gray: Yuuichi Nakamura (Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Graham Aker, Macross Frontier - Alto Saotome)
Erza : Sayaka Ohara (Aria - Alicia Florence, Valkyria Chronicles - Selvaria Bles)
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 06:47   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

I like the casting, Tetsuya Kakihara should have no problems voicing Natsu and he can definitely be GAR when needed. I'm sure Hirano's casting will attract hate but honestly it's not like Lucy is a hard role to play in the first place... Rie's voicing a mascot character so it's meh, Yuuichi Nakamura will excel as Gray and Sayaka Ohara just keeps getting the bad ass roles. First Selvaria and than Umineko's Beatrice and now Erza, good casting for this role.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 10:11   Link #59
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

The roles work for me, I got no problems was mostly just wondering who would play Erza and they got my 1st choice for her, me loves Sayaka Ohara!

But I also want to know who is voicing Mira-chan!!!
Old 2009-08-01, 10:13   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

Bah thought of the wrong character... probably announced in a mag in august or September if not on a website.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen