AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 10:01   Link #37901
Eratas123

Lets get things straight: Most people wouldn't care unless it was someone close to them dying. Thousands of people die in the street due to hunger, but I doubt you'd see most people giving a shite unless they suddenly became friends with that person before they died.

The cast of IS in particula come off as self centered brats 9/10 times so they really wouldn't give two shits about any OC dying unless he was their hidden friend that we mever hear about or something.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:18   Link #37902
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That's gonna be tricky. Rong and Ichika will be pretty much antagonizing each other. Though they would work together well enough. I don't know if the harem will hate him cuz Ichika doesn't like him.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:25   Link #37903
Eratas123

My guess is they wouldn't care. The girls were jealous of pretty boy Charles when he and Ichika got close, but at no point do they converse with him when Ichika invites him for lunch. Short version: Canonically the girls don't give a shite unless it's a rival, in which case they give them he evil eye. If you want to make them care abot Rong, then you'll have to derail their characters slightly to you desired fanon result.

I use the canon approach in regards to OC fics. Irish being terminally ill gets barely a shrug in response and most of the kids from FI get no special treatment unless its from their own parent.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:27   Link #37904
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Fair point. I'll keep that in mind
Old 2012-10-30, 10:35   Link #37905
Eratas123

Honestly, they all have one track minds. Ichika and Charltte might feel sympathy since they're emphatic, but they wouldn't take it personally. Laura's used to death. And Cecilia and Rin are......Cecilia and Rin.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:43   Link #37906
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I guess the best I can get out of them is to give him a solemn moment :\
Old 2012-10-30, 10:46   Link #37907
Eratas123

Yup. One solemn moment.....right before they start arguing who would get to have said solemn moment while sitting next to Ichika and who had to do t standing all by their lonesome.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:56   Link #37908
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Perfectly in character, that is.
--------
I wonder if OCs with Centaurian Knight-shaped unit is too narmtastic, with England prince and all...

Like this, but with retractable wing/thruster module.

Even Cecilia wonder how the hell that work.
Old 2012-10-30, 11:04   Link #37909
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can actually imagine something hilariously awesome with that )
Old 2012-10-30, 11:15   Link #37910
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's a ground support for BT, ridiculously agile in spite of size, though only because it's longer than most I.S. overall, and shorter than most of them even. In fact, it's exactly the size of actual horse (with larger leg of course).

Funny thing, it's sustained gallop speed is only 80 km/h -almost twice that of actual horse, but still far slower than any ground I.S.-, the horse-like feet carries small jet that used during hovering leap and dash (same as Blue Tears), therefore it kick like a human does -tibia centered-, rather than a horse
Old 2012-10-30, 11:26   Link #37911
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm...

centaur mode is strictly for pack muling. For example, carrying extremely large array of launcher type weaponry. But that would be moot due to the equalizer system so meh.

Shifting to human mode only requires that the horse body fold up into a backpack. The hind legs have powerful thrusters normally used for jumping gallops but also work as the main thrusters XD

The lance is interesting as it reminds me of Yukianesa(a certain katana). The lance is used as a lance, but actually it's just a scabbard =))
Old 2012-10-30, 11:38   Link #37912
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The rear body is actually detachable (leading to Squall freaking out in fact), and yes, it was mostly used for heavy cargo hauling. This is because Armored Stratos cannot store their equipment in digital form. Their auto-maintenance and damage regeneration is limited as well. The rear body is actually mostly hollow, mostly composed of internal storage system, leading to more odd moment. Similar to this

Think Optimus Prime's trailer from Third Bayformers Film

The lance is the same as Tate's, only carrying single barrel 'heavy musket' instead of a multi-barrel Gatling. It can't control water either. While the name sounds hilariously retro, it's actually because the projectile and propellant casing is separate until loaded into chamber (like tank cannon), it's still perform like modern smoothbore gun and could fire advanced ammo, like HEAT or APFSDS.
Old 2012-10-30, 11:51   Link #37913
demino_hellsin
That one guy

basically it's supposed to be a smooth ride but those parameters were completely quashed for the sake of heavy hitting?
Old 2012-10-30, 11:55   Link #37914
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, it's the only way to carry more small arms than usual, all large weapon, such as artillery or heavy launcher, is mounted outside, for smoother ride that is (because quad leg are more stable). The structural frame is durable, just that the frame and armor are separate component than joined together (also called Monocoque)

Except retrofited Shiro Kishi and Kure Zakura (both are normally humanoid, just with more covering), all Armored Stratos are just that odd. The Chinese guy's unit is a massive tiger-like unit with a small cockpit on its back, similar to how you ride a motorcycle, the Germans are gigantic, flying horseshoe crab that fly like a jet aircraft
Old 2012-10-30, 11:58   Link #37915
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I wonder if OCs with Centaurian Knight-shaped unit is too narmtastic, with England prince and all...

O_O

You really took that idea of Centaur serious.....

Either that or Strange mind think alike.
Old 2012-10-30, 15:59   Link #37916
DarkJak2050

Got another one in the archive.

IS Wings Of Fire
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 01:24   Link #37917
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post

O_O

You really took that idea of Centaur serious.....

Either that or Strange mind think alike.
I am sure that one Code Geass mech was shaped like a centaur though.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 02:10   Link #37918
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Lets get things straight: Most people wouldn't care unless it was someone close to them dying. Thousands of people die in the street due to hunger, but I doubt you'd see most people giving a shite unless they suddenly became friends with that person before they died.

The cast of IS in particula come off as self centered brats 9/10 times so they really wouldn't give two shits about any OC dying unless he was their hidden friend that we mever hear about or something.
If that's so, that'll make the execution of Inami's final battle in Bouclier re-write a lot more easier since I don't have to think about having any of the Academy gang coming in while he's taking on five IS replicas on his own... Nor would I need to have any of them worry about him.

(Then again, given how occupied they will be during their final attack on Gospel, having them separated would be... urgh.)
Old 2012-10-31, 03:28   Link #37919
Eratas123

@ Stratos - If they made friends with Inami, then they'll help. They're brats a lot of the time, but even brats have friends.
Old 2012-10-31, 04:59   Link #37920
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I just thought it'll be hard seeing as how the two battles will occur concurrently. Also, seeing how much teamwork was required to bring down the Gospel, I don't know if having one of them splitting off would be a good idea.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest