AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 10:54   Link #2521
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
The thing you don't realize is that Lu was ALWAYS like she is in Vivid. Even in Strikers. Watch the last few episodes again, and pay attention to what happens when Quattro screws with her. Her emotions were essentially suppressed. She was only in SSX for a bit, helping with research, and we had no visuals, bending our perception. In Vivid, it's not that she's changed; it's that she's finally been able to showcase her real personality.

One other thing... our first time seeing her in Vivid, she was by herself, living in her imagination. That also influenced our perceptions. When she's with others, she's a little more subdued.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 11:36   Link #2522
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

One thing is being emotionless, which I agree Lutecia never was, and another is being just less expressive. I still consider Lutecia did change and not for the best and such change is not just a direct opposite of her former self but a really stupid change all things consider.

Nanya says is normal for the franchise and while I don’t agree that all characters are like this she does have some points. We do see radical changes on the characters as she shows BUT such changes never happen on the story we are dealing with. And I mean the ones about the StrikerS cast. We can’t tell how they were in the past because we never knew them and we just see like seconds of such moments. While Lutecia could be the same, at least she was consistently showed as cold and really subtle on her emotions. Now take that and add what we see in the first time she shows herself on ViVid and most people won’t think is the same person.

So the change can be justified by the story logic? Kind off, can be explain by poor writing? Yes, does that make it good? No. So here we have a case of opinions on the subject of Lutecia. But I still consider using poor characters to explain how more poor characters change is kind of a letdown. Is like saying, yes is bad, but everything else is as bad as this.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:14   Link #2523
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The DSSA arc finally coming to an end and the next arc will begin soon.

I just got 1 issue here...why the hell everyone know know who are the descendant of te Belka kings! I thoughts those are classified information.
They sure as hell never bothered to hide it with Vivio. And the bloodlines were never classified. It's just that for some strange, weird, whacked up reason that they haven't even bothered to touch on, nobody seems to care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Lulu back in action? I just sped one scene with her new self and I already had enough or her. What happen to her more cool and passive character? She was so awesome because she almost didn’t say anything, now she looks like she sniff cocaine in a regular base.
Cocaine would more likely result in the emotionless doll Lulu. Current Lulu is on speed. Or shrooms. Definitely copious amounts of dopamine though. I do not want to know how many bananas that girl eats.

And I don't miss carbon-copy-of-every-single-Ayanami-clone Lulu one bit, it's perfectly understandable now that she has her mother and a happy life. Though I would have loved to, y'know, see the actual character growth. Not just WHAM BAM! New Lulu!

Which, by the way, we've seen as early as the StrikerS credits. Seriously, rewatch the last episode and look at that smile.

Last edited by Keroko; 2013-02-01 at 04:43.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 11:44   Link #2524
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, cocaine can cause that effect I am sure, I try once... I mean a friend of mine try that once. In any case, let’s move on.

I did watch the smile and I still think is not worth the over the top girl she is now. And yes, she was like Ayanami but to be fair at least she didn't jump in your face in every scene and acted more mature than now.

Besides, character growth? I have wanted that since StrikerS for a lot of characters.
Old 2013-02-01, 14:37   Link #2525
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If you want it, then quit complaining every time we get it.

Lutecia's smile in the credits was after only a year post-StrikerS. Developing into a more energetic personality is perfectly natural. I'm also having trouble seeing how Ayanamitecia was "more mature" than the current one, who actually has good leadership and judgement and watches over the younger girls, reigning in their exited tempers.
Old 2013-02-01, 15:02   Link #2526
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

"Lack of personality and emotion" does not equal "maturity". If anything Lutecia's maturity was stunted until then.
Old 2013-02-01, 15:30   Link #2527
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Maybe, then again I not like her.
Old 2013-02-01, 15:44   Link #2528
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, that does seem to be a pattern with you, doesn't it?

Anyhoo, a darned shame they skipped over the witch girl. They're probably keeping her abilities a surprise for later chapters when she gets to fight against one of the four main girls, but it's going to take quite a bit of suspension of disbelief when the girls will inevitably be surprised at witch girl's magic, even though they should have seen what she can do from the battles they should have been watching off-screen.
Old 2013-02-01, 17:00   Link #2529
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

It is with ViVid.

But now you mention it I hope the Witch girl does something and doesn’t end up a huge disappointment like Einhart’s introduction was. And on that subject: 4 main girls? Which ones? We have like 15 already and she only target 3.
Old 2013-02-01, 17:27   Link #2530
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sure. With Vivid. Even though it does little different. Right. Whelp, best prepare yourself for disappointment then because I quite frankly have no idea how witch girl is ever going to appease your ever shifting standards.

The main group I mean is Vivio's band. Lead characters is probably a better term.
Old 2013-02-01, 17:37   Link #2531
Justin_Brett

They could just flash back to when she fought Lutecia later, that's a common thing.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:53   Link #2532
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's... a good point. And it is better to handle Einhart's character growth now rather than zip back to it a chapter later.
Old 2013-02-01, 17:55   Link #2533
Kaijo
Banned

Witch girl casts a magic curse, fogging everyone's mind about her fighting style. Thus, everytime someone thinks back to it, they can't really seem to remember how she fights.
Old 2013-02-01, 18:43   Link #2534
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I don't think that is possible with the magic in Nanoha but then again we don't know how she uses the magic. Besides is ViVid, who wants to be nothing important is going to happen with her?
Old 2013-02-01, 19:09   Link #2535
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Witch girl casts a magic curse, fogging everyone's mind about her fighting style. Thus, everytime someone thinks back to it, they can't really seem to remember how she fights.
And that's where the tech part of Nanoha interferes with the fantasy magic part. This stuff's being recorded and aired all over the planet, and if casting an illusion over an entire stadium seems hard, imagine casting one over the entire planet.
Old 2013-02-01, 20:49   Link #2536
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, it is magic.
Old 2013-02-01, 21:14   Link #2537
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And that's where the tech part of Nanoha interferes with the fantasy magic part. This stuff's being recorded and aired all over the planet, and if casting an illusion over an entire stadium seems hard, imagine casting one over the entire planet.
True, but... You know the "how not to be seen" aspect of a ninja? A trick or ability that causes someone to not notice you? Imagine that, but for your fighting style.

I remember an episode in Gargoyles, where Demona cast a spell where everyone who saw and heard it on TV, were affected. So maybe something like that.

Edit: Alternatively... she casts a curse of forgetfulness on whoever she fights, erasing from their mind any knowledge of her magic and techniques!
Old 2013-02-01, 21:32   Link #2538
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But Demona’s spell was only thanks to an ancient book of power and a ritual not something she can just use when moving around and doing fights. Besides what if the girl loses?
Old 2013-02-03, 09:09   Link #2539
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Heh, just had a look over the raw, and I really love that dinner scene. Everyone's looking at the table with various eyes of "holy crap is this real?" while Victoria's just going "Oh, that looks nice."

Additionally, fun tidbit I came across while fact checking: Both Victor and Sieg use unique magic systems as well. Dahlgren and Eremian Crutz respectively. We've mostly assumed these to be Belkan combat styles, but they are specifically noted under the magic label. Additionally, we have never seen the magic circles of these two. In fact, we aren't even sure if these two even use magic circles to begin with.

So we have seen two entirely new styles of magic already. Devil's just in the details.
Old 2013-02-03, 11:10   Link #2540
Justin_Brett

Even before that we saw different methods if you want to get technical - just not with a human.

Or at least I doubt a dragon would cast magic using human mathematics and science.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid