AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-18, 16:43   Link #1401
Blonto

This arc managed to improve exactly on one of my complaints about the first arc, which is characters getting their turn to talk about their problems, rather than acting them out. There's really no better gimmick to set us on the righteous path of "show, don't tell" than this one.
I really liked the lighthearted atmosphere of the first arc, so I'm sad that it's lacking so much in this episode.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 17:20   Link #1402
Diveman

Heartseed is the master troll he's breaking them little by little, I wonder what's gonna happen in next.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 17:39   Link #1403
HandofFate

The most tame episode in a while, which is fine. Having each episode with drama set to 11 would be kind of suffocating.

Interesting that most of the 'problem' breakouts were all vocal instances instead of physical. Other than Yui.

The first scene with Taichi and his sister was pretty cute.

Inaba lashing out @ Yui an interesting scene. Inaba afterwards gave an excuse that "I must have had an episode"
But I feel that she didn't have one, she at that moment legitimately snapped and felt like yelling at Yui. The end of the previous episode already showed us that Inaba is the one on the very edge. At the end she realized she messed up and tried to use the whole situation as damage control as an excuse.

Taichi's episode on Inaba was a pretty strong scene. Hurting Inaba deeply, stuff is really getting piled up on her.

Iori had a few bursts this episode as well, but most of it was off-screen or Taichi arrived just catching the tailend of it, so we don't really know the cause of everything for her yet.

We have yet to see Aoki get any particular outburst, unless that one scene in the clubroom counted as one...looked more like he was on the verge of one because Inaba calmed him down.
Old 2012-08-18, 18:21   Link #1404
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
The most tame episode in a while, which is fine. Having each episode with drama set to 11 would be kind of suffocating.
Really? If anything this was the most intense episode for me

There was more shouting done in this episode than a shounen battle scene.

Even considering- "YAHOOO~!!".
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 18:32   Link #1405
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Really? If anything this was the most intense episode for me

There was more shouting done in this episode than a shounen battle scene.

Even considering- "YAHOOO~!!".
Ehhh... the heavy atmosphere kinda weighed it down for me... too heavy. I guess you can argue that it's a different kind of intense. Everybody shouting their throat out. Verbal violence. And we're still not through with it. Ouch...
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 19:15   Link #1406
Marower

I find Inaba's reactions quite good, it's probably how I would've been if I had been put in such situation. I don't see much wrong with her.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 19:22   Link #1407
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I loved the intensity of Episode 7. Lots of great drama here.

I'm glad that Kokoro Connect used this "unleashed desires" setup in order to seriously further character development rather than taking the easy way out and just showcasing characters acting out on lust.

Logically speaking, and as a practical matter, I think that Inaba is the person most correct. She has a point that if everybody did what Yui was doing, Heartseed would likely do something really dangerous to make things "more entertaining". So why is it Ok for Yui to constantly hide in her bedroom when everybody else is facing the situation head-on? I understand Yui's approach here, but at some point I think you just have to suck it up and go back to school and hope for the best.

I'd also be very frustrated with Yui myself if I was in the shoes of either of the other four main cast members. So I don't fault Inaba much for not going back over to Yui's house again.

All of that being said, I still loved the scene when Taichi became angry with Inaba, if for no other reason that anime male characters in Taichi's position oh so rarely get to seriously return the verbal barbs that are directed at them by their female peers. And Taichi's words certainly left their mark on Inaba. The watery eyes, but not complete crying, was the perfectly balanced approach to take here. It conveyed the emotion of the scene excellently, and Inaba's response to Taichi's comments makes it clear just how deeply his words cut, due to her feelings for him. It also made that final train scene so wondrously ominous.

Finally, Irori's "Yahoo!" bit added just enough levity and lightheartedness to the episode to keep it from feeling overly heavy. And I have to say that the dialogue in general was great this episode.

This is probably my favorite Kokoro Connect episode yet. I'm really looking forward to more.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:21   Link #1408
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Heartseed is hideo kojima.
God of trolls lol

Every episodes of this show is good so far.This arc is getting better and better, as it seems heartseed wants to be entertained by somewhat breaking the five's friendship.
I hope this will be more than just a 12 or 13 episode anime.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 22:47   Link #1409
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
I hope this will be more than just a 12 or 13 episode anime.
It's a 17-episode anime, at least for now. The last four won't air on TV, though.
Old 2012-08-18, 23:00   Link #1410
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Aha!
So they're gonna market the ending?
Wow, so it's sorta like DLC only in anime xD

Oh well.Sucks for people who watch the show in TV.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 23:10   Link #1411
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Wow, that escalated quickly...
Looks like this Kizu Random has hurted their relationship more than Hito Random...

Guess, everyone sure having a deepest desire in him/her that they dont wanna show to their friends.

Yui is the first to pull out of the group, now followed by Inaban.
Who's next??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 23:13   Link #1412
asteron
is the unknown factor

Ehh, I found the episode fairly boring. I think this anime is just asking me for too much patience and I'm not really excited about whats happening. Maybe I'll pick it up again once all the episodes are out.
asteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 23:32   Link #1413
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is probably my favorite Kokoro Connect episode yet. I'm really looking forward to more.
I'll just quote Triple_R for summing up my thoughts, this was a very good episode.

Taichi is getting more and more focus as this arc progresses and, while its not to the degree as the girls have so far, its definitely a good start and we're starting to see more of his character and flaws pilling up. I was, admittedly, surprised when Taichi didn't jump to Iori's side or even get pushed by his inner thoughts, I was honest to goodness expecting him to leap out of his pants but instead he gets completely one upped by Fujishima coming to the rescue with a very level headed excuse for Iori that put both girls at ease.

Twice in this episode, to build on the former, we see Taichi not acting when I thought (and sort of felt) that he should have. First with Iori and second with Inaba where an apology on the spot would have probably gone a long way but, instead and again, we see him remain silent. In the case with Iori, his friend points out that he should have been doing something, and in the case with Inaba, he says himself later.

This arc seems to be focusing indirectly on Inaba but more directly attacking Taichi; that is to say putting him in the most physically dangerous position, while Inaba is in the more emotionally delicate position.
Old 2012-08-19, 00:37   Link #1414
Sumeragi
Banned

My my, the shippers are fast.

Images
Himeko x Taichi
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 00:51   Link #1415
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Images
Himeko x Taichi
Hmm for a moment I thought I saw Taichi as Aoki

Must be something to do with his hair

Dere-ban kawaii.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 00:51   Link #1416
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:

Images
Himeko x Taichi
The white knight and the black princess.
They form a cute couple.
Old 2012-08-19, 01:12   Link #1417
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Quote:

Images
Himeko x Taichi
I think it's about time I dust of my old drawing pad and do some fan pics myself while I still have some inspiration.
Old 2012-08-19, 01:17   Link #1418
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I loved the intensity of Episode 7. Lots of great drama here.

I'm glad that Kokoro Connect used this "unleashed desires" setup in order to seriously further character development rather than taking the easy way out and just showcasing characters acting out on lust.

Logically speaking, and as a practical matter, I think that Inaba is the person most correct. She has a point that if everybody did what Yui was doing, Heartseed would likely do something really dangerous to make things "more entertaining". So why is it Ok for Yui to constantly hide in her bedroom when everybody else is facing the situation head-on? I understand Yui's approach here, but at some point I think you just have to suck it up and go back to school and hope for the best.
I agree, but I also see where Yui's coming from. She has violent impulse, and is trained for violence. Her episodes have a much greater chance of ending with someone in the hospital or dead.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 01:27   Link #1419
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I agree, but I also see where Yui's coming from. She has violent impulse, and is trained for violence. Her episodes have a much greater chance of ending with someone in the hospital or dead.
But all in the same, Inaba is perfectly right that, given the source of the problems and what he's done in the past, hiding in your room isn't going to help and, in a way, is just pushing fate's hand to the table. Yes, Yui has a legitimate concern and reason for why she's hiding but when doing what she does only serves to bring attention to her because she's not being "interesting", its like trying to survive an incoming fireball by hiding under wood. (Inaba is just as guilty of this, mind you, because she's bottling it up and hiding her problems at home best she can but she's at least playing the game.)
Old 2012-08-19, 01:59   Link #1420
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I was, admittedly, surprised when Taichi didn't jump to Iori's side or even get pushed by his inner thoughts, I was honest to goodness expecting him to leap out of his pants but instead he gets completely one upped by Fujishima coming to the rescue with a very level headed excuse for Iori that put both girls at ease.

I think Taichi was afraid of snapping and making things worse. Same as Inaba
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life