AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-20, 13:54   Link #4401
Gx Hero
Rambler

in america yes but only for A's

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Old 2014-03-20, 18:21   Link #4402
User173096
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
in america yes but only for A's
I see, thank you! But do the Lyrical Parties come with english subtitles?
Old 2014-03-20, 22:29   Link #4403
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Bad habit: They don't.
Old 2014-04-08, 08:58   Link #4404
darkalpha

I know that familiars are created using animals so in a way they are living beings. I think it's similiar with the Wolkenwittter (Shamal, Vita, and Signuhm).

What I'm wondering is, was it shown to be possible to identify them as such, that is, familiars or arttifiically created by magic? Like duriing medical examinations, etc?
Old 2014-04-08, 15:11   Link #4405
Gx Hero
Rambler

It was not shown, but they were considered programs, a type of artifical life in this case. I guess they would be in the same class as Reinforce Zwei. Other than that there is no real mention of it.

Old 2014-04-23, 17:36   Link #4406
DKN117

Need to know for fanfic purposes: I know Nanoha was injured when she was 12, but what were the exact nature of her injuries? When the Type-4 GD got her, did it "just" stab her or did its spiky limb perform an all-the-way-through impalement? Where did it get her - the spine, the chest, lower down on the torso, off to one side or the other? And was there any source of damage besides the stabbing/impalement? A few fics I've found mention a "Linker Core Hemorrhage" or something of the like.

So far, in my fic I have "Years of severe accumulated strain on Nanoha's Linker Core caused it to finally suffer a catastrophic 'rupture', and the Linker Core Hemorrhage caused Nanoha's Barrier Jacket's defenses to fail just as, or just before, she was struck from behind by the Type-4 Gadget Drone. Nanoha was thus impaled, taking damage to her liver and one kidney, simultaneous with damage dealt to her nervous system and/or her muscles by the severe LCH; due to TSAB medicine & magic, the impalement damage didn't take long (medically-speaking) to repair, but the damage dealt by the LCH to her muscles and nerves took MUCH longer, close to a year". Does any canon information render any of my fanon invalid?
Old 2014-04-23, 21:08   Link #4407
darkalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
It was not shown, but they were considered programs, a type of artifical life in this case. I guess they would be in the same class as Reinforce Zwei. Other than that there is no real mention of it.
Sorry for my waaay late response, got to thank my work IRL for that...

Perhaps I should've be bit more clear; if someone did not know that a specific person was a familiar (like Arf, disregarding their obvious animal features of course) or 'program' (like the Guardians), other than being informed of the fact was it ever mentioned or shown how their natures could be revealed?

Chrono knew Yuuno was a human, despite his ferret form, somehow as well.

It's been nagging me for a while, don't know why though.
Old 2014-04-25, 14:41   Link #4408
Gx Hero
Rambler

No it did not, and according to the sound stages and anime they are trying hard to keep the fact the wolkeinriter are programs of the tome of the night sky. As for chrono knowing, well he knew Yunno had a human form not necessarily that he was or was not a familiar.

In short I am going to say no since I doubt Unison device's Familar's and humanoid programs are rare.

Old 2014-04-27, 23:52   Link #4409
silveus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalpha View Post
Sorry for my waaay late response, got to thank my work IRL for that...

Perhaps I should've be bit more clear; if someone did not know that a specific person was a familiar (like Arf, disregarding their obvious animal features of course) or 'program' (like the Guardians), other than being informed of the fact was it ever mentioned or shown how their natures could be revealed?

Chrono knew Yuuno was a human, despite his ferret form, somehow as well.

It's been nagging me for a while, don't know why though.
I don't Believe it was ever specifically stated.

But I would venture that for familiars, yes, testing would show that they are not human at least. Presumably Arf has dog DNA, or something that at the very least isn't Human DNA.

Also, i could be wrong, but i am pretty sure her dog form is her real form. if i remember correctly, when she got injured by Precia, she reverted to that form when she was found by Nanoha's friend.

That indicates that magical power is being used to maintain the human form, so durring an exam, there would logically be evidence of that power use.

As further evidence, she eventually ends up taking the puppy form to lower the drain on Fate's magic. so there is some kind of power transfer between the two that should also be able to be spotted.

whether or not a normal exam would reveal either of those things is debatable. if you are writing a fan fic, then you could go either way. the doctor person isn't looking for it specifically and the familiar is able to pass as a normal human, or the doctor runs a specific test and spots it.

things get harder to make sense of with the Living program concept, since we have no idea what that actually is. They already have the term "Artificial Mage" for a person created through non biological means. So is a "Living Program" something entirely different? or something similar just created in a slightly different way?

who Knows?

for purposes of writing, i would assume that only a specific detailed test would reveal that the Guardian's aren't real.

As for Chrono knowing Yunno wasn't really a ferret, i can think of a couple of explanations.

1 Chrono can sense magic, and can also generally tell the type. Sensory magic vs attack magic, personal strengthening vs flight, and so on. He could Tell Ferret Yunno had transformation magic about him.

2 Chrono had prior information about Yunno. something like, An archaeologist accidentally released dangerous Lost Logia on an un-administered planet. The archaeologist is capable of transformation magic, in case he tries to run.

3 Chrono knew that Ferrets are native to earth, and don't have magical powers. Presumably the TSAB keeps track of any native animals that spontaneously developed self awareness, increased intelligence, and magical powers. Yunno wasn't on that list, thus he was a human mage using magic to change his form. Personally, i like this explanation.
Old 2014-04-28, 13:13   Link #4410
User173096
Disabled By Request

Artificial mages grow up and stuff, the Wolkens (programs) don't. Vita is the same after 10 years.
Old 2014-04-28, 14:05   Link #4411
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toia View Post
Artificial mages grow up and stuff, the Wolkens (programs) don't. Vita is the same after 10 years.
By StrikerS they seemed to have aged a little. Although that could be only the shift in character design from A's.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-04-28, 17:21   Link #4412
silveus

If i remember correctly, Vita and shamal have a conversation in strikers about how their bodies are changing and they are becoming closer to real people.
Old 2014-05-14, 00:50   Link #4413
Justin_Brett

About how old was Nanoha when she had the accident with the Gadget Droid? Re-reading the timeline again, seems like me saying she was on a mission when she was twelve may have been a mistake. Oops.
Old 2014-05-14, 03:59   Link #4414
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It said it happened two years after she joined the Bureau, which appears to be shortly after A's proper. So about 11 or 12 would be the correct age.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:00   Link #4415
Justin_Brett

I guess there's no specific date? As long as twelve is possible it should be fine, then.
Old 2014-05-19, 11:30   Link #4416
silveus

http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Chronology

Yuuno Scrya, Nanoha Takamachi and Hayate Yagami are born.
Official date of birth of Fate Testarossa.

The Jewel Seed Incident.[4] Precia and Alicia Testarossa go missing. (Nanoha)
The final Book of Darkness Incident.[5] Reinforce is destroyed along with the corrupted parts of the Book, rendering it safe (possibly, as late as 0066). (A's)

Nanoha Takamachi is severely injured by Type IV Gadget Drones and spends many months in rehab (presumable date[7]). (StrikerS)

12 years after their birth, and 3 years after A's.

Nanoha's birthday is listed as March 15th. so if she was injured in year 0068 before march, she'd be 11, if after the 15th, 12.

Also, the exact line from the episode.

Shamal: "And then an accident happened, the winter two years after she [Nanoha] came to the Bureau." Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 9 (14:22).
Old 2014-05-20, 15:16   Link #4417
silveus

Actually, here's a bit more.

Fate, Nanoha, and Hayate enlist as a TSAB cadets.[6] (A's manga)

Shamal's line of,

"the winter two years after she [Nanoha] came to the Bureau."

could mean from when they formally enlisted in the winter of 006. or, the chapter in question says says that in spring they will begin their actual work.

so you have 3 potential dates for what Shamal was referring to when she made her line.

the end of 0065
the beginning of 0066
or spring of 0066

if you go with the first, then "winter two years after" would mean the injury took place anywhere from November 0067 to February or so 0068. Most likely leaving Nanoha 11 at this point. Although, you could stretch and say winter extends throughout march, so she could have had her birthday. It also means she got severely injured likely with in 1 or 2 weeks from her birthday.

The same happens if you take her "entry to the TSAB" as having happened in early 0066. the only difference being that the injury could not have occurred in 0067. Same situation with it happening around her birthday.

If you go with spring 0066 entry to the tsab, then you can have the injury take place in either winter 0068 or winter 0069.

The literal reading of it is in winter, and 2 years have passed since entry. if entry was in spring of 0066, then after two years, you would have already been out of winter. Making the most likely time for the injury to have occurred either November to December of 0068, or January and February 0069.

Nanoha would have been 12 this entire time, so it fits there, but if you wanted to, you could extend winter through march, and have the injury come in around the 15th, allowing her to be 13 if you really wanted.

Anyway, that was way too much thought for something largely irrelevant. Injury took place when it was cold out, and she was most likely 12 is the simple answer.
Old 2014-05-22, 21:40   Link #4418
Justin_Brett

Her having it happen shortly after meeting Alyssa works out well, actually, gives me an idea.
Old 2014-06-01, 03:52   Link #4419
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

How much do we know about the Bureau's formative years?
Old 2014-06-01, 10:25   Link #4420
Gx Hero
Rambler

I don't think we know much. The series doesn't focus on that stuff much.

Closed Thread