Like what, if I may ask? ^_-.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:10   Link #3882
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
As with alot of things R2 could of implemented but failed to do so
There's a difference between 'planned' development, and development that actually occured.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:11   Link #3883
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
As with alot of things R2 could of implemented but failed to do so
What's the point of your post other than trolling?
Hey they have a lot of things in R2 they didn't do like time travel. Mech revived Euphemia. they didn't do it!
we are talking about that there is so much building up to this moment in time that hopefully it is satisfying. A reunion will happen will it be satisfying is what we are getting at.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:14   Link #3884
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
What's the point of your post other than trolling?
Hey they have a lot of things in R2 they didn't do like time travel. Mech revived Euphemia. they didn't do it!
we are talking about that there is so much building up to this moment in time that hopefully it is satisfying. A reunion will happen will it be satisfying is what we are getting at.
Okay before you start trolling let me explain, there could of been more time to add in much needed backstories and details not to mention character development if things started to kick off early on.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:21   Link #3885
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Okay before you start trolling let me explain, there could of been more time to add in much needed backstories and details not to mention character development if things started to kick off early on.
ok that make's more sense, but I will disagree as they will meet, how that meeting goes i don't know. well i hope
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:25   Link #3886
honeypie_0106

I don't think R2 failed. Its not even done yet, so how can anyone judge the need for other developments?

Its like complaining about an ending when the story is only half way through the entire course.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:26   Link #3887
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
ok that make's more sense, but I will disagree as they will meet, how that meeting goes i don't know. well i hope
Probably something incredible sappy but at of no where something comes to yet again screw Lelouch over
Old 2008-08-04, 23:30   Link #3888
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
I don't think R2 failed. Its not even done yet, so how can anyone judge the need for other developments?

Its like complaining about an ending when the story is only half way through the entire course.
He doesn't mean that R2 failed - I think. But I think he does mean that certain storythreads or themes doesn't get followed up or really tied up.. Or something like that, I think
Old 2008-08-04, 23:37   Link #3889
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
He doesn't mean that R2 failed - I think. But I think he does mean that certain storythreads or themes doesn't get followed up or really tied up.. Or something like that, I think
Exactly, I never said R2 was a failure, I mention that we are introduced to all these new elements without any backstory whatsoever, I mean we still don't know how Ougi and Viletta survived but yet in the next episode we know they're find. The same thing goes with Orange, how did he and C.C. survived and how did he acquire the Geass Canceller. I also see alot of wasted material in Kallen's backstory during her time being capture, only thing we know is that she's half britanian and her father's a noble and.....that's it and with the last 7 episodes it makes little sense to go back, but now isn't the time or place since the ending will reveal if all this time wasn't wasted.
Old 2008-08-04, 23:45   Link #3890
Stretch5920

Quote:
Exactly, I never said R2 was a failure, I mention that we are introduced to all these new elements without any backstory whatsoever, I mean we still don't know how Ougi and Viletta survived but yet in the next episode we know they're find. The same thing goes with Orange, how did he and C.C. survived and how did he acquire the Geass Canceller. I also see alot of wasted material in Kallen's backstory during her time being capture, only thing we know is that she's half britanian and her father's a noble and.....that's it and with the last 7 episodes it makes little sense to go back, but now isn't the time or place since the ending will reveal if all this time wasn't wasted.
Yeah it's pretty crap how they leave this stuff out. Hell alot of people were looking forward to Kallen's reaction to Nunnally being the governor and a princess, then when it came along we were like "huh? I guess she already knew" They leave too much stuff like this to picture dramas and sound episodes when they could just use that for school antics and other comedy stuff. But it's like we only get half the story.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:51   Link #3891
ChocolateSwirls

Does Kallen know Lelouch is the prince of Britannia?
ChocolateSwirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:52   Link #3892
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Yeah it's pretty crap how they leave this stuff out. Hell alot of people were looking forward to Kallen's reaction to Nunnally being the governor and a princess, then when it came along we were like "huh? I guess she already knew" They leave too much stuff like this to picture dramas and sound episodes when they could just use that for school antics and other comedy stuff. But it's like we only get half the story.
Hell one important backstory on Suzaku is being condensed to an upcoming sound drama, what does that say? And yes its complete BS that C.C. just told Kallen everything because it pretty much destroys the mysterious atmosphere she had towards Lelouch but really its the writers way of getting out of tough spots and not wasting time, but how does that explain episode 12?
Old 2008-08-04, 23:54   Link #3893
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateSwirls View Post
Yes. She knew well before meeting him again in the second season.
Old 2008-08-04, 23:55   Link #3894
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateSwirls View Post
It has been offically stated that C.C. told Kallen everything during the year they spent together, including the part aobut Lelouch being a prince. Still, even if c.c. hadn't told her that, she should've been able to guess from Nunnally having been revealed as a princess...
Old 2008-08-04, 23:55   Link #3895
ChocolateSwirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yes. She knew well before meeting him again in the second season.
Ok thanks for telling me
Old 2008-08-04, 23:56   Link #3896
ChocolateSwirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
It has been offically stated that C.C. told Kallen everything during the year they spent together, including the part aobut Lelouch being a prince. Still, even if c.c. hadn't told her that, she should've been able to guess from Nunnally having been revealed as a princess...
Ok I got it Thanks
Old 2008-08-05, 00:01   Link #3897
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Hell one important backstory on Suzaku is being condensed to an upcoming sound drama, what does that say? And yes its complete BS that C.C. just told Kallen everything because it pretty much destroys the mysterious atmosphere she had towards Lelouch but really its the writers way of getting out of tough spots and not wasting time, but how does that explain episode 12?
There needs to be an occasional break. It's practically a staple of any episodic series.
Old 2008-08-05, 00:03   Link #3898
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
There needs to be an occasional break. It's practically a staple of any episodic series.
Well, most longer series will have "fillers"...
Speaking for myself though, I'd rather have seen episode 5 & 12 used for more important stuff than lots of fooling around at Ashford...
Old 2008-08-05, 00:06   Link #3899
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

As would most, but the fillers are something we must deal with. you can't say you didn't laugh when Anya started chasing Lelouch in her Knightmare.
Old 2008-08-05, 00:08   Link #3900
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
As would most, but the fillers are something we must deal with. you can't say you didn't laugh when Anya started chasing Lelouch in her Knightmare.
Honestly, the most interesting thing was with Orange degeassing Shirley and that was in the last few seconds