Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-16, 07:52   Link #721
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Because she's a spider with a human mind.
I wouldn't be so sure. We haven't, as far as I can tell, had any flashbacks to when she was supposedly human unlike most of the rest of the reincarnated classmates.

Quote:
All the more so since she hardly has any kinship with spiders in general.
She doesn't seem to have much kinship with her classmates, if she actually is the shunned student everyone else in the class remembers vaguely if at all. She has spent quite a lot of time as a spider now, eat or be eaten, kill or be killed and humans generally have been trying to kill her on sight because "Bakemono!". Kinship with spiders, ummm... Mother had been trying to kill her, she saw her clutchmates eating each other a few minutes after she was born, Mother's elder children were sent to kill her and so on. I don't see any kinship there unless you're thinking Game of Thrones-style happy family kinship.

Quote:
Kumoko has no moral quandary killing anything. Which is fine if she is well on the road to being the villain of this series.
Or the anti-hero. She's exterminated other races in the labyrinth and we cheered her on. Why should humans and elves get a special pass or a "stay-out-of-Kumoko's-stomach-free" card but not, say, orcs or goblins or apes?
Old 2021-06-16, 15:45   Link #722
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Are there some special non-dangerous bandits that only you know about?

There were lots of innocent humans around that she didn't even consider attacking, how does that match your theory about her behavior?

The adventurers that we saw her kill burned her home and they were even aware that it would most likely make the owner furious and they also attacked her when she showed up.

And the soldiers attacked her, not the other way around, even then so did she only try to break out and they were colateral damage.

I didn't say Kumoko is dangerous to every innocent human or she going to attack every human that she meets. I did say she kills because of disproportionate reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Kumoko is a spider, it mentions that in the title of the show. She's not human. Why should she treat humans, elves, orcs, goblins or any other sentient humanoids as anything other than Happy Meals on legs and EXP bonuses? She happily slaughtered and ate the monkeys and apes in the labyrinth and we cheered her on, now she's munching down on people like us somehow she's suddenly Evil Incarnate? Uh-huh.
So what? that Kumoko is a spider doesn't mean she can just go and kill everyone human she wants or do whatever she wants just because she non-human.
And Kumoko has a memory of a human and a high level of intelligence plus she can communicate with humans and she knows what humans are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Something no one has brought up. Kumoko can see peoples titles. There is a reason she knew these people were bandits.
You made a good point here. but even if she knows that the praying was bandits this isn't the main point or the main issue in Kumoko acts.
By the way, in the Light Novel, Kumoko checks the title of the praying people before she kills them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
From all we got to see Kumoko is bad guy for greater good. Well, will be in future.
The good for herself at least.

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure. We haven't, as far as I can tell, had any flashbacks to when she was supposedly human unlike most of the rest of the reincarnated classmates.

She doesn't seem to have much kinship with her classmates, if she actually is the shunned student everyone else in the class remembers vaguely if at all. She has spent quite a lot of time as a spider now, eat or be eaten, kill or be killed and humans generally have been trying to kill her on sight because "Bakemono!". Kinship with spiders, ummm... Mother had been trying to kill her, she saw her clutchmates eating each other a few minutes after she was born, Mother's elder children were sent to kill her and so on. I don't see any kinship there unless you're thinking Game of Thrones-style happy family kinship.

Or the anti-hero. She's exterminated other races in the labyrinth and we cheered her on. Why should humans and elves get a special pass or a "stay-out-of-Kumoko's-stomach-free" card but not, say, orcs or goblins or apes?
Kumoko is a villain hero Kumoko acts are not gray her acts are darks as night.

Quote:

Until now we didn't show a lot of flashbacks in the Anime but we know Kumoko have a memory of human.

Quote:
Kumoko is a spider, it mentions that in the title of the show. She's not human. Why should she treat humans, elves, orcs, goblins or any other sentient humanoids as anything other than Happy Meals on legs and EXP bonuses? She happily slaughtered and ate the monkeys and apes in the labyrinth and we cheered her on, now she's munching down on people like us somehow she's suddenly Evil Incarnate? Uh-huh.
Normal monsters are not intelligent humans are plus Kumoko reasons for kills humans are to get EXP or eat she can get both things by kill monsters or by kills beasts but she choices to kill humans.

Last edited by TURI123456; 2021-06-16 at 15:57.
TURI123456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 16:08   Link #723
Tenzen12

Again it doesn't matter why she kill, but who she choose to kill. All thing consider Kumoko has enough sensibility no do anything evil at this point of time. It's win-win for everyone involved (except bad guys, but they had it comming). I don't understand why her doing it for selfish reasons is problem. Honestly in her shoes I might do same.

Later she will start commit evil for selfless reasons, so I wonder if that will make her good guy by your standards.
Old 2021-06-17, 06:07   Link #724
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Again it doesn't matter why she kill, but who she choose to kill. All thing consider Kumoko has enough sensibility no do anything evil at this point of time. It's win-win for everyone involved (except bad guys, but they had it comming). I don't understand why her doing it for selfish reasons is problem. Honestly in her shoes I might do same.

Later she will start commit evil for selfless reasons, so I wonder if that will make her good guy by your standards.
By that logic, cops can do as the Punisher and go kill criminals. and again not Kumoko didn't kill the bandits because they were criminals or because she wanted to make the world a better place, she did it because she wants to get essay EXP so if she was failed to find the bandits she was eventually starting to kill innocent humans just to get EXP and she was 100% present fine with this.
And again the result of her acts isn't important here, what important is that Kumoko kills as repay for trivial things in a disproportionate way if we go as Kumoko logical in the real world people can just kill the dog of the neighbor just because the dog eats the flowers in their gardens.
Old 2021-06-17, 07:28   Link #725
Tenzen12

Nope, it's like police doing their job just because they get paid.? It's not like it's impossible that she would eventually attack inocent bistanders, but it's huge leap of logic nonetheless. Going by your cop analogy it's like saying cops that doesn't get paid would rob bank, just because they like sweet money. Not impossible, but yeah in most case they would find themselves different legal job (or prey in Kumoko case) instead.

Why are you keeping defend dangerous crimminals all time? Those "didn't eat flowers", they are dangerous vicious pitbulls with record of attacking children and women. More get killed, more happy everyone gets.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-06-17 at 07:39.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 08:16   Link #726
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
By that logic, cops can do as the Punisher and go kill criminals. and again not Kumoko didn't kill the bandits because they were criminals or because she wanted to make the world a better place, she did it because she wants to get essay EXP so if she was failed to find the bandits she was eventually starting to kill innocent humans just to get EXP and she was 100% present fine with this.
And again the result of her acts isn't important here, what important is that Kumoko kills as repay for trivial things in a disproportionate way if we go as Kumoko logical in the real world people can just kill the dog of the neighbor just because the dog eats the flowers in their gardens.
Why do you keep on claiming that she would kill innocents if she couldn't find bandits? There have been lots of innocents around and she have yet to kill anyone and the bandits was dealt with more or less instantly, so she have had plenty of time to kill those innocents, so why have she not done that yet? You are actually judging her not for what she have done, but what YOU think she could do.

In what way is trying to kill someone a trivial matter? Would you object to geting help from the police if someone tries to kill you as that is just trivial to you?
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 00:32   Link #727
scififan

As the narrator, D is crying. She is trying some prank again.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 04:32   Link #728
kari-no-sugata II

Episode 23 preview

Spoiler for episode 23 preview:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 05:25   Link #729
kagato3

Quote:

You made a good point here. but even if she knows that the praying was bandits this isn't the main point or the main issue in Kumoko acts.
By the way, in the Light Novel, Kumoko checks the title of the praying people before she kills?
Yes she did. She's intentionally going after people that kill people for multiple reasons. Yes she wants XP but that is not the only reason and part of her reasons are to help out the town and protect Sophia.
Quote:
It’s true, though. The robbers really are worse than the monsters here. Because they’re choosing to maliciously attack people. I mean, at least the monsters that attack other living things indiscriminately are just following their instincts.
Quote:
I decide that if these robbers are working with the sinister elf organization, might as well throw ’em in the garbage. It does benefit me, too, you know. Humans give tons of experience points. ’Cause their own EXP tends to go more toward skills than stats. Humans generally have lower stats than monsters, but in exchange they have a lot more skills. Which means the EXP they give is pretty high, considering how weak they are. Especially for the thieves who’ve built up their skills like crazy to survive outside of town. Humans who kill other humans give extra points, too. They’ve built up lots of EXP from killing other high-EXP-granting humans, after all. But now it’s their turn to provide EXP for me! If I kill thieves, the residents of the town are happy, and Baby Drac’s family is happy, too, since that means less enemies for them. And I’m happy because I get lots of experience in the process. Forget killing two birds with one stone. This is at least three or four
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 09:48   Link #730
TURI123456

What is the chance to season 2. for this Anime? I mean if we take Episode 23. and judge by it doesn't seem like there is a good point, to end this Anime and Episode 23. End leave a lot of problems that get no solution. and I don't see a way that Episode 24. successful to end the things that left open.
Old 2021-06-18, 10:02   Link #731
kari-no-sugata II

^ They've left themselves with an awful lot of material to cover in the last episode...

Kinda feels like they'd need a double length episode. Instead I suspect they'll cut things down massively. I hope it'll make some kind of sense. Sigh.

With regards to possibility of a second season, that will depend on sales of course. The anime covers the LNs 1-5 and is basically the first major arc, from Kumoko's perspective at least. 2nd major arc is LNs 6-10 and is rather different but does answer a lot of questions.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 10:12   Link #732
kagato3

Quote:
What is the chance to season 2. for this Anime? I mean if we take Episode 23. and judge by it doesn't seem like there is a good point, to end this Anime and Episode 23. End leave a lot of problems that get no solution. and I don't see a way that Episode 24. successful to end the things that left open.
it looks like they are going to the end of volume 5. There are currently 10+ volumes out
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 11:03   Link #733
Xiyon

Quote:
If the show gets another season, I hope we get a better studio animating it.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 12:24   Link #734
tsunade666

cgi battle with yuugoxhero then sophia vs hero party. ugh..... it felt like a rpg cgi that I played before. with the suits, it reminds me of tales series.

episode 23..... the elves had shown their junk and was release but I'm still not happy to not see a sea urchin. elves got nice command center.

the 2/3 of the episode felt a lot of talks and nothing much. I'm not that excited when watching the episode but I'm just happy to see it. just sad with the animation.
Old 2021-06-18, 12:38   Link #735
grecefar

Sigh... well that was that, lets just wait for the last chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 13:33   Link #736
Znail

I wonder how they will manage to fit everything into the next expisode? Kumoko vs Ariel needs to be resolved and kumoko's next evolution. Wrath's and Sophia's backstories are needed. I guess a lot of lose ends will be left for the next season. I guess we will get the "big reveal" at least.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 18:39   Link #737
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

The more time we spend away from Kumoko the more I dislike this series, Shun is terribly bland, Hugo is the dumbest asshole to ever disgrace my tv screen, and the uncanny valley cgi doesnt help things, if we get ever a second season I sure fucking hope they dont run out of budget 2/3rds into it like this one looks to have done.
Old 2021-06-18, 20:13   Link #738
Magewolf

How are you supposed to care about a fight when you just want both sides dead?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 21:11   Link #739
Eater of All
NOM

Looks like Shiro's VA is Yuuki Aoi. I guess that confirms her as Kumo?
Old 2021-06-18, 21:22   Link #740
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
cgi battle with yuugoxhero then sophia vs hero party. ugh..... it felt like a rpg cgi that I played before. with the suits, it reminds me of tales series.

episode 23..... the elves had shown their junk and was release but I'm still not happy to not see a sea urchin. elves got nice command center.

the 2/3 of the episode felt a lot of talks and nothing much. I'm not that excited when watching the episode but I'm just happy to see it. just sad with the animation.
CGI, itself, isn't too bad, imo. What bogs the animation down further are the strange camera angles and split screens, overuse of a rotating point of view to sell a scene and, well, fight choreography particularly noticeable whenever the humans are on screen.

Apart from a better animation studio, I'd also add a plea for a better director hahahaha
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote