AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-21, 09:31   Link #61
NyxOne

Uh...except the amount of ash Haineko's blade produces is TINY in comparison to Gaara's sand and the freakin' CONTAINER of it that he has on his back.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:44   Link #62
kooru
Shoop da Whoop

I name thee "nitpicker"....

I said their abilities are similar; they control sand and ash respectively, using to form objects such as shields and act offensively.
I also said Matsumoto could pull off some "Gaara-ish moves", not that she would control a desert-amount of ash.

So, yeah, thanks for making an irrelevant, pointless, unjustifiable, critical post and ignoring the point I was making about her shikai playing a bigger part in chapters to come in order to provoke discussion.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:47   Link #63
NyxOne

Well, making a comparison to Gaara sort of provoked that kind of reaction.

And for all it may be able to do, Haineko, that is, it can still only cut people.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:55   Link #64
kooru
Shoop da Whoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Well, making a comparison to Gaara sort of provoked that kind of reaction.
Ok; Ichigo is the main good-guy in Bleach, much like Naruto is the main good-guy in Naruto. Making this comparison does not indicate I expect Ichigo to pull a Rasengan out of his ass.
I compared Matusmoto's shikai ability to maipulate a cloud of ash to Gaara's ability to manipulate an amount of sand. No mention of how much ash or sand is manipulated. Just that they both manipulate a similar thing.

Quote:
And for all it may be able to do, Haineko, that is, it can still only cut people.
OK, back to decent discussion. Id argue this because;
Grim's fraccion, the fat dude, didnt appear to have any cuts, or blood around him when he was downed.
And more importantly, neither did Kira when she faced him down.
Im thinking it may be able to do blunt attacks, or restraining/suffocating/strangling attacks.

I'm just thankfull it's not doing the whole "form of a cat" thing from one of the console games....
Old 2008-11-21, 11:04   Link #65
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
^^

Quote:
I am starting to believe this may be true. Just when I thought it might not suck like I thought it did. Blow away the ash and then what? If her Bankai looks like coal. I am mailing a dead bird to Kubo.

Kubo could have put more thought into her weapon's abilities.

&Kooru...the name thing made me lmao!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooru View Post
le to do blunt attacks, or restraining/suffocating/strangling attacks.
I didn't think of that! There is still hope left *Glomps you!*
Quote:
I'm just thankfull it's not doing the whole "form of a cat" thing from one of the console games....
I was kinda hoping she would... (ever since I heard it was ASHCAT)
Old 2008-11-21, 11:20   Link #66
kooru
Shoop da Whoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
Kubo could have put more thought into her weapon's abilities.

&Kooru...the name thing made me lmao!
I've got no issues with the scope of her weapons abilities; this is the crux of my argument before, that her shikai's ability has not had the chance to shine, and WILL pull off more variety in its ability.
Besides, using Gaara as an example again (PLEASE DON'T HURT ME NYXONE *cowers* ), he started off as a "capture opponent, crush, rinse, repeat" and steadily showed more of what he could do (sand panda? )

And I'm always happy to be a source of amusement!
Old 2008-11-21, 11:34   Link #67
NyxOne

Eh. Well, points taken.

I, however, steer towards Matsumoto dying to give Hitsu a much-needed 'rage edge' over Halibel. Because close friends of his are going to have to die if he wants to win.

Then again, plotkai.
Old 2008-11-21, 11:40   Link #68
Langus
Optimus Prime

Hahaha Matsumoto dying (if that happens) will be purely for the benefit of Gin's plot/character development, not Hitsugaya's.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Hinamori's only purpose for being re-introduced is so she can mess with Hitsu's head. He will eventually come to her rescue like he always does.
Old 2008-11-21, 11:40   Link #69
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
I've got no issues with the scope of her weapons abilities; this is the crux of my argument before, that her shikai's ability has not had the chance to shine, and WILL pull off more variety in its ability.
Besides, using Gaara as an example again (PLEASE DON'T HURT ME NYXONE *cowers* ), he started off as a "capture opponent, crush, rinse, repeat" and steadily showed more of what he could do (sand panda? )
I hope so but I really just think it sucks. Along with Hinamori's, and Kira's Zanpakuto's. They are the worst Zanpakuto's in creation!

That's why in my opinion Matsumoto is useless. Talking trash and getting saved by Hinomari just makes her look even worse.
Old 2008-11-21, 11:43   Link #70
NyxOne

When...has she messed with Hitsu's head? Although Hitsu's worrying a little about her, he's still holding out against Halibel.

For now, at least.

And, hey. Shinigami dying would be a GOOD thing, because this is a "war", and in wars, there are losses on BOTH sides. Think about it. That Franken-Chimera actually managing to kill Ran and Momo. That would be good for the purpose of balancing things out, because Kubo would learn to let go of his "love shields" for his characters and actually KILL them.

He killed Ichigo. Even if he was brought back a chapter or two later. Why can't he do the same deed with other Shinigami?
Old 2008-11-21, 11:47   Link #71
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Someone will have to stay dead at some point. Or else I will think he's hiding Dragon Balls.

I don't care if they don't die but it would be nice if somebody died. (And stayed dead)
Old 2008-11-21, 11:49   Link #72
NyxOne

Speaking of Dragon Balls, even DB/DBZ has more death than this series on the hero side, and you see people miraculously recovering from beams through the chest and coming back from the freakin' dead like it's a day job.
Old 2008-11-21, 13:27   Link #73
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
When...has she messed with Hitsu's head? Although Hitsu's worrying a little about her, he's still holding out against Halibel.

For now, at least.

And, hey. Shinigami dying would be a GOOD thing, because this is a "war", and in wars, there are losses on BOTH sides. Think about it. That Franken-Chimera actually managing to kill Ran and Momo. That would be good for the purpose of balancing things out, because Kubo would learn to let go of his "love shields" for his characters and actually KILL them.

He killed Ichigo. Even if he was brought back a chapter or two later. Why can't he do the same deed with other Shinigami?
Hey as long as Kubo doesn't go the Naruto route and kill off characters people actually LIKE, then hey, I'm all for it. Bring on the death! Hinamori should be at the top of the list...followed closely by Kira, Hisagi, Hitsugaya, Komo, mustache dude...(I can never remember his name...Komo's vc), Ishida, Renji, Chad, Ukitake, Old Man Geezer, Soi Fon, Omeda... I really could go on forever at this point but I think that list suffices.
Old 2008-11-21, 13:35   Link #74
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Hey as long as Kubo doesn't go the Naruto route and kill off characters people actually LIKE, then hey, I'm all for it. Bring on the death! Hinamori should be at the top of the list...followed closely by Kira, Hisagi, Hitsugaya, Komo, mustache dude...(I can never remember his name...Komo's vc), Ishida, Renji, Chad, Ukitake, Old Man Geezer, Soi Fon, Omeda... I really could go on forever at this point but I think that list suffices.
Damn! You want the whole cast to die.
Old 2008-11-21, 13:56   Link #75
Langus
Optimus Prime

No... Just the unnecessary baggage
Old 2008-11-21, 14:49   Link #76
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Langus just killed all the high ranks from those SJ popularity polls remember: Hinamori placed 6th

Naruto goes the path of old gen -> new gen, I like that, kill off the old generation, replace them with young heroes and then please let it end like that. It's all part of the plan

Now for some reason I can't imagine how that could work out with Bleach... Ichigo becoming Commander General? ;p hmm no, maybe there's a scenario with the Vizards willing to make their Gotei 13 comeback after some of the current C/VC died, but that's just speculation right now
Old 2008-11-21, 14:54   Link #77
NyxOne

Well, I just want SOME Shinigami to die. I would be pleased if:

* Chimera kills at least Ran, for drama.

* Yama-jii goes out epically fighting Aizen.

* Barragan kills Soi Fon and Omaeda and maybe two of the other VCs.

Probably won't happen, though, and we'll be treated to sweet, sweet plotkai.
Old 2008-11-21, 15:01   Link #78
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Langus just killed all the high ranks from those SJ popularity polls remember: Hinamori placed 6th

Naruto goes the path of old gen -> new gen, I like that, kill off the old generation, replace them with young heroes and then please let it end like that. It's all part of the plan

Now for some reason I can't imagine how that could work out with Bleach... Ichigo becoming Commander General? ;p hmm no, maybe there's a scenario with the Vizards willing to make their Gotei 13 comeback after some of the current C/VC died, but that's just speculation right now
Hahahaha doesn't mean they're tops in my popularity poll! Besides, they need a new one. None of the old ones include Nel, and I think we all know that she'd be at least top 3

Anyhoodle....I get what they're doing with Naruto. It makes sense. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. Especially this week. Grrr....
Old 2008-11-21, 17:13   Link #79
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I too don't get the reason behind Chimera creation, there is strength in numbers but this doesn't seem to be Kubo's mantra . Also if Chimera was a random summon I would understand but here sacrifice of limbs is required . Also if Chimera dies and there limbs are resurrected it will be too stupid .

I think Chimera will pawn Momo and Matsumoto till the arrival of Nanao . Then the tables will turn. Kubo keeps his fights cyclic

Quote:
I, however, steer towards Matsumoto dying to give Hitsu a much-needed 'rage edge' over Halibel. Because close friends of his are going to have to die if he wants to win..
Man I would love to see that moment Histugaya getting all pissed of and going I will Keill jo Halibel then getting pawned a few secods later . This will be profit $_$ written all over it they can produce a 2nd HistuXRangiku themed movie like DDR 2 . Where Histsugaya joins arrancars to cleanse Hecto Mundo from within .

Jokes Aside I would have actually liked Histugaya character if he wasn't angry all the time . That was one of the main reasons he didn't rub off one me in a good way in SS arc itself .The meme wasn't invented back then it would fit him perfectly in SS arc Why so serious ? .Anyway not a big fan of Halibel either I prefer the original chara Yoru . So I wouldn't be bothered if Hitsugaya defeats her albeit if they make it look convincing .

Also one thing which I am really not happy about the vcs fights get individual chapters when the captains fights are thrown in between chapters . Kubo Tama you such a sadist tease .
Old 2008-11-21, 17:18   Link #80
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I still think Kubo could get away with killing Yama-jii. He's an important character who is not popular (at least that I know of). That could even be a whole new storyline for the next arc...SS deciding on who will be the next Commander General. XD!

As for the chapter, I loved it. The Stark/Shunsui conversation was interesting. I can't wait to see them actually fight for real.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion