AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 13.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 38.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-20, 02:44   Link #41
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

So, would the real Alicia please stand up?
Old 2009-05-20, 03:03   Link #42
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
It depends on what you consider 'real' Alicia - if by real you mean original one then this was the first episode where she actually appears, if by real you mean just the anime one then she appeared for the first six episodes but didn't make it to this one. I guess the anime director just could not put in the new tsundere Alicia into this plotline so decided to put a game one instead and hope no one notices.
Old 2009-05-20, 03:40   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
... really though, Barious doesn't need three episodes, and it's clearly looking like next episode will be slow as well.
I don't see what's wrong with increasing the time they spend there, especially seeing as how we're getting a Fladio background episode next week, which never happened in the game. I'm all for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Thats because she seems to be a different Alicia in this episode. Much more like a game one - meaning less comedy (and funny faces due to her tsundere personality) and more brains.
Quote:
It depends on what you consider 'real' Alicia - if by real you mean original one then this was the first episode where she actually appears, if by real you mean just the anime one then she appeared for the first six episodes but didn't make it to this one. I guess the anime director just could not put in the new tsundere Alicia into this plotline so decided to put a game one instead and hope no one notices.
No it's still the same Alicia. She shown her cute adorable side in this episode, one that has appeared in the past 6 episodes. It's obvious you just can't get over what's happened to her, though 7 episodes have passed so i think now is about time you do.

She's not tsundere and pulling silly faces all the time you know. The second she stops doing such things, and you think the studio has run out of ideas for her, so they just show her game personality? This right here just shows your childish dislike for the anime version of Alicia. Get over it.

Oh and something i forgot to mention. Did game players spot Zaka? He appears for a few good seconds.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-05-20 at 03:51.
Old 2009-05-20, 03:48   Link #44
pumpkins

man, the stuff about the valkyrur and dacsrens was pretty confusing.. someone burning down the other one, and then thats not the truth. ohno. i hope they end up reading the writings on the new room instead of destroying everything.
Old 2009-05-20, 03:56   Link #45
klare

finally the "who hugs Alicia?" mystery is solved

can we expect to go back to the battlefield next episode...
Old 2009-05-20, 03:59   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
can we expect to go back to the battlefield next episode...
Going by the preview i don't think so. After that if there's no more anime original, then yes we'll be seeing battlefield in episode 9. They'll probably push it into the end of next weeks episode anyway.
Old 2009-05-20, 04:13   Link #47
Solecs

I would imagine we see at least the start of a battle at the end of next episode, since there is still quite a bit of content that is still to be used. They don't have a whole lot of room to add extraneous content if they want to fit 26 episodes. They already cut out the battle before entering the ruins in the game, which makes it seem like Max and Sel went out to the ruins alone :-/.
Old 2009-05-20, 04:18   Link #48
kalbron

I still hope we get at least some of the major parts of the battle for the Barious Ruins. It just wouldn't feel right without the Batomys making an appearance. Especially since it gives a sense for what is yet to come regarding Imperial technology.

Also, I could somewhat understand them going off without their weapons in the game since they just killed all the Imperial soldiers outside of it but... not even a pistol here? Huh?

Edit:
Spoiler for Game Relationships:
Old 2009-05-20, 04:34   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Edit:
Spoiler for Game Relationships:
I hope so. Lynn is by far one of the hottest female members of Squad 7, and it would be a huge shame to not include her in this adaptation.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:12   Link #50
Bordix

Does Welkin even care about her sis? The squad 1 guy was being racist towards her and he just acted like nothing happened. Also happened in the prev episode.

WII -> magic(?) setting. Interesting
Old 2009-05-20, 05:15   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Does Welkin even care about her sis? The squad 1 guy was being racist towards her and he just acted like nothing happened. Also happened in the prev episode.
It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he knows it doesn't effect her as much as you'd expect. It was the same with the Rosie scenes in the game. He's not the kind of guy who's just go shout at someone for saying something. He let Faldio handle him, and that is what Faldio can easily do, as we seen in this episode.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:23   Link #52
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I don't feel main character aura coming from Welkin but maybe it's because it's only 7 episodes for now. Alicia should have more respect towards Welkin, he is her leader after all and pretty much she's totally useless as a soldier. I still can't seem to like Alicia after all, hope it gets better next episode
Old 2009-05-20, 05:31   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleri View Post
I don't feel main character aura coming from Welkin but maybe it's because it's only 7 episodes for now. Alicia should have more respect towards Welkin, he is her leader after all and pretty much she's totally useless as a soldier. I still can't seem to like Alicia after all, hope it gets better next episode
Totally useless as a solider? Did you see her in battle two episodes ago? She has shown her worth already on the battlefield. She is not a useless solider.

I still want to try some of her bread~

As for respect for Welkin, oh believe me she does have, though with Welkins how should i say, unique personality, it's not respect that you show all the time for him. She handles him nicely.
Old 2009-05-20, 06:41   Link #54
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As for respect for Welkin, oh believe me she does have, though with Welkins how should i say, unique personality, it's not respect that you show all the time for him. She handles him nicely.
Mind pointing out where excatly this respect was shown in the anime? As in the scenes? Acting nicely on rare occasions doesn't exactly count as showing/feeling respect.

Quote:
I don't feel main character aura coming from Welkin but maybe it's because it's only 7 episodes for now.
Well I don't feel it either to tell the truth. But again as been said Alicia and him are main characters so the main character aura is sort of divided between them, yet the problem is that Alicia so far has by far much greater part than Welkin does, so maybe thats why its hard to get vibes of main character from him.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:00   Link #55
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Totally useless as a solider? Did you see her in battle two episodes ago? She has shown her worth already on the battlefield. She is not a useless solider.

I still want to try some of her bread~

Oh, you are right. She mistook Welkin for a spy and she mistook a pig in the bushes for an enemy soldier as well, and not to mention she got shot and is always screaming like a chihuahua. She never shows respect for Welkin and she thinks he is an incapable leader.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:07   Link #56
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So if I don't want to wait for next weeks episode...would someone who played the game mind PMing me exactly what happens in those ruins? Anyone get draped? Welk get caputured? Anything intriguing?
Old 2009-05-20, 08:09   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Mind pointing out where excatly this respect was shown in the anime? As in the scenes? Acting nicely on rare occasions doesn't exactly count as showing/feeling respect.
It's not something that personally needs to be shown, it's something you can accept when you see the two together. She respect what he has and can do. That one is obvious.

Quote:
Oh, you are right. She mistook Welkin for a spy and she mistook a pig in the bushes for an enemy soldier as well, and not to mention she got shot and is always screaming like a chihuahua. She never shows respect for Welkin and she thinks he is an incapable leader.
Sounds like someone wants this show to be nothing but serious serious serious.

How's mistaking someone who's appearing during the enemy is attacking as a spy show that she's a useless solider? How does spotting a lot of moving in the forest, a mistake anyone would make show she's a useless solider?
Old 2009-05-20, 08:23   Link #58
Bordix

Quote:
It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he knows it doesn't effect her as much as you'd expect. It was the same with the Rosie scenes in the game. He's not the kind of guy who's just go shout at someone for saying something. He let Faldio handle him, and that is what Faldio can easily do, as we seen in this episode.
well that might be so, but it still doesn't convince me. The guy should really show it to us.

Quote:
Oh, you are right. She mistook Welkin for a spy and she mistook a pig in the bushes for an enemy soldier as well, and not to mention she got shot and is always screaming like a chihuahua. She never shows respect for Welkin and she thinks he is an incapable leader
I agree with Shiroth, the fact that she spotted those things just proves that she is a competent soldier.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:25   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I agree with Shiroth, the fact that she spotted those things just proves that she is a competent soldier.
Good point. It's true because it goes to show that she's always keeping a look out for anything suspicious. Just a like a solider would do.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:33   Link #60
Arturro

IMHO Alicia is a kind of person, for whom other persons opinions are very important. She desperatelly want to be considered by others as an ideal member of Militia. Most of people wants to be considered by others as a good/smart/pretty/whatever person. In Alicia case that desire, combined with her tsunderness is giving extreme results.
Starting from episode 3 for Alicia Welkin appearance started to be important. In episode 6 Welkin perception by others was obviously more important to Alicia, than her own appearance. In other words Welkin become more important to Alicia than herself, althought she still doesn't admitted it to herself. Remeber that both Alicia and Welkin are very inexperienced in male-female relationships. Also Alicia didn't fall for Welkin on first sight, she is gradually more and more attached to Welkin.

Closed Thread