AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-12-09, 16:25   Link #41
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

Spoiler for Mami-san?:

Spoiler for WHY?!:

Spoiler for For yuris... T_T:
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 19:34   Link #42
KoiYuki

Wait...
Spoiler for wiki spoilers:
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 19:52   Link #43
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Wait...
Spoiler for wiki spoilers:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:13   Link #44
Shadow5YA

Whoa whoa wait...
Spoiler for chapter 12:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 02:23   Link #45
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Whoa whoa wait...
Spoiler for chapter 12:
Spoiler for Answer:

I really enjoyed this spin-off though. It really added depth to Kyouko and Mami who were pretty shallow for the most part in the anime. All the inner thoughts of Mami were probably the most interesting part of the manga / ending since she was the character with the least role in the main story.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 06:26   Link #46
Diveman

What's Kirara Magica? The aothor mentions it at the end of the manga.

That was a sad ending btw, I know this is all pre-Madoka, but still. Makes you wonder if the girls had better communications skills, most of this stuff would have been avoided.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 07:24   Link #47
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Spoiler for Answer:

I really enjoyed this spin-off though. It really added depth to Kyouko and Mami who were pretty shallow for the most part in the anime. All the inner thoughts of Mami were probably the most interesting part of the manga / ending since she was the character with the least role in the main story.
yes, I also enjoyed this spin-off.
managed to make things even more bittersweet you know, since in this case we actually have got more concrete character relationships instead of the subjectivity of the anime.

indeed, mami's popularity has definitely increased thanks to this story. if people didnt feel much for her in the main story, they're going to feel a lot for her in this.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 23:38   Link #48
kaitok
Inspired Musician

I love this spinoff, especially when it focuses so much on Kyouko! It's awesome to see Kyouko showing her ability of Rosso Phan... I can't recall the name, but it's still awesome.

Spoiler for end:
Old 2013-01-18, 00:46   Link #49
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Rosso Phantasma.
Old 2013-01-18, 12:28   Link #50
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
I love this spinoff, especially when it focuses so much on Kyouko! It's awesome to see Kyouko showing her ability of Rosso Phan... I can't recall the name, but it's still awesome.

Spoiler for end:
Spoiler:
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 12:03   Link #51
kitten320

I loved this manga, it finally gave depth to Mami and Kyouko who for most part were a bit ignored in anime, especially Mami.

Here we went more into depth about her character and got to see her actual fighting skills. I would love to see this animate but I guess I'm asking for too much.

Though I was a bit confused with the ending... did Madoka bring Sayaka back? Also why did Mami kill herself?

Well it was another sad timeline for Homura, must be harsh when you can predict half of bad outcomes or more like knowing that it is possible.

From what I saw in movie trailer it looks like Kyouko and Mami will meet again, wonder how movie will handle their relationship in this new world.
Old 2013-01-19, 12:08   Link #52
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Though I was a bit confused with the ending... did Madoka bring Sayaka back? Also why did Mami kill herself?
Yes, Madoka wished Sayaka back to life (not knowing Mami & Kyouko were dead), and as for Mami, I would assume because she didn't want to become a witch/live life knowing she'll become one, since she was in despair already.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 12:24   Link #53
kitten320

Well that was a bit rude of her especially since Kyouko has sacrifice her life for Mami =/
Oh well, it still was a bad end in the end.
Old 2013-01-19, 15:42   Link #54
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Well, the point of this timeline is that none of them could find a way to communicate how they really felt until it was too late. I feel this was one of Homura's more recent time jumps before the anime, which helped reinforce her "not going to rely on anyone" mentality.

These previous time lines are huge trolls of hope. I can see why Homura kept going for so long. Each jump offered some tease that things could be different. Only for something to screw it up each time. I speculated way back around episode 10 of the anime that in order for Homura to "win", she'd have to make sure all of the girls survived past Walpurgis and discovered a way to break the system Kyubey trapped them in. As each new side project comes out, and now with the teaser after the second movie, I'm increasingly convinced of this.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:35   Link #55
kitten320

Most likely, might be her 3rd or 2nd jump after she took her glasses off and went for colder approach.

It makes me feel bad for her even more now. Being stuck in a cycle, knowing what will happen and yet still not able to stop it.
Old 2013-01-21, 16:25   Link #56
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I speculated way back around episode 10 of the anime that in order for Homura to "win", she'd have to make sure all of the girls survived past Walpurgis and discovered a way to break the system Kyubey trapped them in. As each new side project comes out, and now with the teaser after the second movie, I'm increasingly convinced of this.
Then wouldn't it be impossible for Homura to "win"? Surviving past Walpurgis is one thing, but I don't think she can change the system without having another person as equally idealistic as Madoka to make a contract and gain the power to change it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 05:57   Link #57
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Then wouldn't it be impossible for Homura to "win"? Surviving past Walpurgis is one thing, but I don't think she can change the system without having another person as equally idealistic as Madoka to make a contract and gain the power to change it.
All things seem impossible at first. I would say that we've seen glimmers of hope in each of these stories. In Oriko, Yuka roused Mami and Kyoko from despair, and even Homura started to believe it would be different. In Kazumi, we see girls reject the system by creating Jyubey and capturing girls before they change, recreate a human from a Witch, and even partially turn Witches back into humans. In this story, we see the characters become true friends despite their doubts and hardships. And in the anime we see that system can be completely changed.

So out there, somewhere, is the solution. I don't think Homura, or anyone, even Madoka, can change it by themselves, but together I think it could happen. Isn't that the true miracle of hope?
Old 2013-04-04, 03:11   Link #58
Shyni

The story of this spinoff didn't do much for me, but I liked how Kyouko and Mami get fleshed out more. Hell, they have better chemistry together than Kyouko with Sayaka.

Also, their big battle made up for something with Kyouko and Mami's Kamen Rider Ryuki equivalents
Spoiler for Ryuki:

Yes, I enjoyed it specifically because it "fixed" something from an unrelated, although oddly similar show.

Last edited by Shyni; 2013-04-04 at 09:56.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:51   Link #59
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
If Mami was successful:
Old 2013-04-06, 05:58   Link #60
MartianMage

I just finished this. Really really sad Q.Q

I was really happy for Mami when Kyouko told them she's her only family left... to bad it didn't work out for them could have achieved a somewhat good end if Kyouko didn't die.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote