Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 05:24   Link #29781
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
So far the only online exclusive that I might want to have is the Crossbone. But that is just another variation of an existing kit so no real complaints there.
Once they start releasing regular models as exclusives and not just variations, then I'm gonna be pissed as well.
But so far we really did just get variations, extra equipment and effect parts.
It's a ripp of with the extra parts, why can't they just release a MG perfect strike or a RG destiny with wings of light or a RD heavy arms with conversion farts for normal version???
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:32   Link #29782
Knight-of-Gold

Bandai wont release a new mold as exclusive only. To make back the development costs they need to sell far more than the online store would be able to.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:38   Link #29783
Providenceangle

It makes you wonder. They seem to really focus on making their kits appeal to the fans, but then do things that alienate us! I ignore the online exclusives, with the hopes bandai will stop doing them. I'd rather not see them, then be disappointed with, the added cost, if I "had" to have it.

Do the RG GP01's dry transfers look kinda crappy? I hope it's just prototype stuff they had for the recent show. The pictures I've seen so far don't leave me with a good feeling. I'm hoping it's just the camera playing tricks.
Spoiler for Image:
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:42   Link #29784
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
hobby stores/retail shops would be overflow with past & existing stocks & would be hard to clear stocks if they put all premium limited release together with the new releases (not counting the recent LBX releases / Eva/ Macross/ Code Geass/ Valvrave)

on the other hand is a marketing gimmick that enforces you to spend more of their products

I also can say that they are selling as Online Premium to test the market
1 good example is RD Strike (sword launcher parts) , they re-release again as limited before converting into RD Perfect Strike as a normal release

Well I can say that they are trying to push the production cost down at the same time trying to get the revenue by producing Limited on a high end price

Last edited by duotiga; 2013-05-20 at 08:01.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:07   Link #29785
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
It's a ripp of with the extra parts, why can't they just release a MG perfect strike or a RG destiny with wings of light or a RD heavy arms with conversion farts for normal version???
Price? RGs are trying its best to maintain its pricing to standard one. Except for Zeta that is. MG perfect strike is done because of option. You have the option to pay for MG Aile Strike only.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:11   Link #29786
Araxiel

The colour scheme on the Unit 2 pleases my eyes. Largan, you have good taste.

I would make a joke about the exclusive Age-2 Special Forces version, and the relative costs of an exclusive MG versus some white paint... but honestly, painting white over bright red and blue genuinely is a pain in the ass, so I'll leave it.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:15   Link #29787
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
... but honestly, painting white over bright red and blue genuinely is a pain in the ass, so I'll leave it.
Speaking from experience?
Old 2013-05-20, 11:04   Link #29788
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

I'm gonna paint the HG AGE-2 white. It's gonna be my first attempt in painting... Now I'm a little worried :/
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:20   Link #29789
Providenceangle

Just be sure to prime your kits first. If you do a good job with presanding you'll get a good result. I've done several black kits, white, (I'm a slut for white) and not had issues. Of course painting plastic in general can be a pain in the ass.
Old 2013-05-20, 11:49   Link #29790
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Just be sure to prime your kits first. If you do a good job with presanding you'll get a good result. I've done several black kits, white, (I'm a slut for white) and not had issues. Of course painting plastic in general can be a pain in the ass.
I never sanded before. My Idea was using using Primer on colored pieces whilr their still on the tree and later paint them with a spray can. I guess it's not that simple...? :/
Old 2013-05-20, 13:56   Link #29791
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I never sanded before. My Idea was using using Primer on colored pieces whilr their still on the tree and later paint them with a spray can. I guess it's not that simple...? :/
Well sanding the parts will help the paint "Bite", to the plastic. So it doesn't come off so easily. Acrylics will still peal off, due to how they work, what they are made of. It will help if you presand first though. I use a lower grit personally. (200 or so) The paint will help level the surface. Then you go at it with 300 or 400. Get your base nice. Then paint. Go at that with 600-1000 grit, wet sanding.
Old 2013-05-20, 14:25   Link #29792
Knight-of-Gold

I will never condone painting on the runner. Once you cut out the pieces you will have horrible nub marks that ruin the look of the painted kit.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:56   Link #29793
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Thanks for the advise guys Will get me some sandpaper then
Old 2013-05-20, 15:03   Link #29794
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ And always use a cheap and small kit for your first paint-work so that you won’t regret it much if you ruin it (unless you’re bloody rich and don't mind wasting kits and paints).
Old 2013-05-20, 15:10   Link #29795
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ And always use a cheap and small kit for your first paint-work so that you won’t regret it much if you ruin it (unless you’re bloody rich and don't mind wasting kits and paints).
This is why I love AGs and 1/144 NGs
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 15:28   Link #29796
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Thats why I'm getting a HG that I already have^^ If mess up, I at least have some spare parts for my old AGE-2^^
Old 2013-05-20, 15:46   Link #29797
Providenceangle

So long as you don't go crazy with the paint. You can't mess up. You can always sand back. Just try to mask and spay in thin coats. Regardless of what you use. Spray cans can do a good job too! Of course it's nice to have a airbrush and compressor.
Old 2013-05-20, 16:22   Link #29798
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
So long as you don't go crazy with the paint. You can't mess up. You can always sand back. Just try to mask and spay in thin coats. Regardless of what you use. Spray cans can do a good job too! Of course it's nice to have a airbrush and compressor.
I believe masking isn't, seeing that all the pieces just have to be white Thats actually the main reason I'm even considering doing this paintjob, because it's just a simple recoloring in just one color. I was thinking about getting the white HG Gundam AGE-2, but I don't like the different shades of white on it. I wan't it to be as anime-accurate as possible. I have to wait a few weeks, though. HLJ is currently out of stock :/

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2013-05-20 at 16:33.
Old 2013-05-20, 17:17   Link #29799
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I believe masking isn't, seeing that all the pieces just have to be white Thats actually the main reason I'm even considering doing this paintjob, because it's just a simple recoloring in just one color. I was thinking about getting the white HG Gundam AGE-2, but I don't like the different shades of white on it. I wan't it to be as anime-accurate as possible. I have to wait a few weeks, though. HLJ is currently out of stock :/
Just a general tip. You may want to two tone it even? Do a RG treatment! lol
Old 2013-05-20, 17:27   Link #29800
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Just a general tip. You may want to two tone it even? Do a RG treatment! lol
The RG-treatment is exactly what I don't want xD The MG will also have a RG-Look on it, I don't like that on the AGE-2. It does look good, but for me it doesn't lool right, if that makes sense^^

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy