AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-03-29, 02:15   Link #561
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

I've got a question not specific to the anime, but relating to its contents:

A while back I happened upon a website with a really fantastic comparative character analysis of Lelouche and Suzaku, comparing their relative moral outlooks, similarities and differences.

I thought I'd saved the link, but it appears I haven't, and all my numerous attempts to find it through searching have so far been unsuccessful. I was wondering whether anyone on these boards had come across something similar and still had a link

I wish I could say something more specific about it, except that it was very thorough and extensive breakdown of the two character's underlying motivations and moral and ethical outlooks throughout the series.

If anyone has read something similar to what I'm describing and still has the link lying around, I'd really appreciate it if you could reply to this.

Thanks and best

-Splendiferous
Splendiferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 10:06   Link #562
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendiferous View Post
I've got a question not specific to the anime, but relating to its contents:

A while back I happened upon a website with a really fantastic comparative character analysis of Lelouche and Suzaku, comparing their relative moral outlooks, similarities and differences.

I thought I'd saved the link, but it appears I haven't, and all my numerous attempts to find it through searching have so far been unsuccessful. I was wondering whether anyone on these boards had come across something similar and still had a link

I wish I could say something more specific about it, except that it was very thorough and extensive breakdown of the two character's underlying motivations and moral and ethical outlooks throughout the series.

If anyone has read something similar to what I'm describing and still has the link lying around, I'd really appreciate it if you could reply to this.

Thanks and best

-Splendiferous
http://community.livejournal.com/shi...to/183946.html

I found this livejournal to be a very good explanation of both characters. When reading you can tell the writer is a little bit leaning toward Suzaku, but bias is something that won't entirely dissapear even in the best debates.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 18:33   Link #563
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I would like to have something confirmed. I came across this little blurb regarding C.C. and wanted to see if it was true or not.

This was noted in a post a long ways back that the nun from the flashes was reported to be the original C.C.. Was this really confirmed?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 19:59   Link #564
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I would like to have something confirmed. I came across this little blurb regarding C.C. and wanted to see if it was true or not.

This was noted in a post a long ways back that the nun from the flashes was reported to be the original C.C.. Was this really confirmed?
It's from the DS game. When Lelouch is watching the episode 11 sequence and sees the nun he says something like "CC? no, this is someone else..." and when he sees the crying girl with the geass in her eye, he says "this isn't CC either."

interpret that as you will. Koshimizu probably has what the exact lines if you're still interested.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 20:01   Link #565
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well the thing said it was the original C.C. so she may not look the same now. Still, those lines from the game appear to be accurate for the most part so I guess it may not be her.

Thanks.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-29, 20:46   Link #566
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well the thing said it was the original C.C. so she may not look the same now. Still, those lines from the game appear to be accurate for the most part so I guess it may not be her.

Thanks.
That was from a magazine from a good long while ago. I wouldn't count on it compared to an official game that came out more recently. Things change, and assumptions are often made.
Old 2008-03-29, 20:58   Link #567
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yes that is true. That magazine was also before the whole Shirley arc with Mao. Some of the comments were also from Kawaguchi and he seems to be vague on details sometimes.

Old 2008-03-29, 21:28   Link #568
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

oh yeah, another question, since lelouch has perm geas, during 2nd season, will he wear sunglasses or something to cover it? o_O? *i mean like daily life*
Old 2008-03-29, 21:30   Link #569
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Unknown at this point though he has been shown in casual clothes without his Geass activated so maybe he regained control of it or something.

Old 2008-03-29, 23:06   Link #570
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
It's from the DS game. When Lelouch is watching the episode 11 sequence and sees the nun he says something like "CC? no, this is someone else..." and when he sees the crying girl with the geass in her eye, he says "this isn't CC either."

interpret that as you will. Koshimizu probably has what the exact lines if you're still interested.
Yep. That's what he said.

I think it's the PASH! magazine Dann's talking about, since that's the only magazine that talked about the nun. But what's written here are: "Mysteries of C.C. The nun in the flashback of C.C. has a geass mark on the forehead. What's her relationship with C.C.?" And that's it.
It could have been a misinterpretion of this... Since I don't recall any official source (including FO & FY) that said she's C.C.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 23:08   Link #571
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Yep. That's what he said.
I think it's the PASH! magazine Dann's talking about, since that's the only magazine that talked about the nun. But what's written here are:
"Mysteries of C.C. The nun in the flashback of C.C. has a geass mark on the forehead. What's her relationship with C.C.?" And that's it.
It could have been a misinterpretion of this.
I don't recall any official source (including FO & FY) that said she's C.C.
Ah, it was a misinterpretation than. And yeah it was from Pash!. Thanks for clearing that up entirely.

Old 2008-03-31, 15:21   Link #572
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
hmm
does Toudou know that Suzaku kileld his father..?
i forgot =3

i think he does.. since the Kyoto group knows about it and since Toudou was close to Suzaku as a teacher...
but i just want to be certain thats all
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 15:30   Link #573
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
hmm
does Toudou know that Suzaku kileld his father..?
i forgot =3
Toudou was somewhat in cahoots with Kirihara, so I'd say he probably knew the truth too.

Then again, Toudou isn't exactly someone you'd call passionate, so I don't think it'd make a huge difference to his relationship with Suzaku whether he knew the truth or not.
Old 2008-03-31, 15:31   Link #574
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Toudou was somewhat in cahoots with Kirihara, so I'd say he probably knew the truth too.

Then again, Toudou isn't exactly someone you'd call passionate, so I don't think it'd make a huge difference to his relationship with Suzaku whether he knew the truth or not.
thanks for answering so quickly..
now i can continiue my fic chapter with that info X3
Old 2008-04-01, 11:41   Link #575
iwubanime
FMP wubber

I just finished watching this series and have been reading the board and I noticed a bunch of terms I didn't remember seeing in the anime. It is very possible I missed them...

Possible spoilers?
Spoiler:
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 12:00   Link #576
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
I just finished watching this series and have been reading the board and I noticed a bunch of terms I didn't remember seeing in the anime. It is very possible I missed them...

Possible spoilers?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 12:04   Link #577
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

Possible spoilers?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-04-01 at 13:36.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:05   Link #578
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:

Possible spoilers?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-01, 13:24   Link #579
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:

But given 5 minutes to actually calmly think about it, she'll of course decided all that didn't matter, and that Lelouch is still the best shot at Japan's freedom. Welcome to episode 26. >_>
this could still be considered a spoiler between some people, could you tag it?
atleased till sunday =3
Old 2008-04-01, 19:08   Link #580
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Is the hype over Code Geass hurting it or helping it?

Tags
q&a