AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-03-19, 10:48   Link #6421
Za180

Quote:
Originally Posted by choupette View Post
That means Proto Zero = Snow White. Assumed from J's conversation with Odin.
Err, nope, that's a common misconception. But I don't blame you = /. This novel is not translated in English. I got my info from the official chinese translated novel. Proto Zero is not the snow white in MC22. It was clearly stated that Odin piloted a Proto type version of Snow white.(Which happens to be Proto Zero with drei zwerg) Though Dr. J said he calls this suit snow white, it was largely incomplete and later dismantled before he could finish it.
Za180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 13:51   Link #6422
choupette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za180 View Post
Err, nope, that's a common misconception. But I don't blame you = /. This novel is not translated in English. I got my info from the official chinese translated novel. Proto Zero is not the snow white in MC22. It was clearly stated that Odin piloted a Proto type version of Snow white.(Which happens to be Proto Zero with drei zwerg) Though Dr. J said he calls this suit snow white, it was largely incomplete and later dismantled before he could finish it.
Thanks!

It is more confusing after translating the novel from Chinese to English.

Do you think the end is soon? There doesn't seem to be too much advance in the story anyway... :/
choupette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 13:55   Link #6423
Rainforce
Banned

-After Noin and Zechs meet they are ordered to retreat by Doctor J to L1 Colony. He decided to abandon the lunar base but ordered to bring Noin to be MS test pilot.
-Zechs wants Noin to bring Zero System to Treize but she just wants to be with him
-Warrant Officer Cordelia Fitzgerald ordered the bombing of the rebel's lunar base, thus delaying the production of the Gundams. Later she would meet Treize and change her name to Lady Anne.
-AC 187 April/07(6 months after the Bulge terrorist attack). Heero and Odin Lowe arrive at Medical Center in L1 Colony responsible for producing vaccines for the colony flu. Heero has a mild fever. This is the same hospital where Van and Angelina were killed in the bomb attack.
-Heero asks Odin to train him then they meet Doctor Catherine Po(probably Sally's mom) an old fried of Odin. Odin came to this place to leave Heero there, receive his next mission and visit Heero Yui's grave, killed exactly 10 years ago by him.
-A L5 colony, G-03554, is dangerously going out of orbit and could severely damage the colonies, moon and Earth. Cordelia wants to use the Bulge Cannon to destroy it but the higher ups are putting obstacles so she decides to leak the info to the rebels.
-The remains of Heero Yui are conserved in glass coffin under the hospital, just like Snow White. Doctor J appears and Odin pretends he didn't kill the colony leader but J says there's no remorse.
-Catherine says she is behind schedule developing the cloning technology but J says it's ok. Odin's mission is to destroy the lunar base of the Alliance where Cordelia is.
-Odin freaks out when he discovers he's going to pilot a MS then J says it's called Proto Zero but he prefers to call it Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Odin tells he can pilot MS.
-Catherine confirms that cloning can't resurrect the dead so it's no use for the Heero Yui corpse but J wanted to use it to clone Zechs for the Zero System password.
-J says to Professor G that Odin is the best sniper in the universe and using Image Trace on him will make Snow White the ultimate sniper MS. They entered the ship and it took off.
-They noted that Master O wasn't there, he had left for his old friends L5 colony bringing Devil(Warlock) without permission. L5 colony already had the Proto Tallgeese(Zi Long) but it wasn't enough to destroy the derelict colony from inside as they planned.
-Odin read the Proto Zero manual but found it interesting that the part about the Zero System was ommited.
-L5 group arrived at the derelict colony. Meilan's father Long Liaoya worked outside using the Zi Long, Meilan and her twin sister used Devil inside and Master O took care of the computers. They did their work and left thinking the damage would be minimal.
-Except now the colony would hit the Alliance base at the Moon's South Pole so the commandant Clarence ordered to use the Bulge Cannon. The cannon hit only superficially and now the colony was divided into 3 blocks, each heading for the L1, L2 colonies and Earth.
-Doctor S suggested using the prototypes. Noin pilots the Scheherazade(to which he quickly adapted), Erv the Prometheus(now with Cross Gatling) and Zechs used the Leo V Nemea. Each were sent to a falling colony block.
-J contacts Odin inside the Proto's cockpit and tells him the objective has changed, Odin accepts destroying the colony block but asks if he can use the Drei Zwerg(told to do as he pleases) and what's the Zero System which prompts J to cut the conversation.
-J regrets he can't use the Zero System to solve the crisis easier.

-Elv uses the Prometheus firepower(Cross' Homing Missiles) to deflect his part of the satellite.
-Noin has to cut her part into smaller pieces using the Heat Shotels.
-Zechs goes inside his part on foot to detonate it so it accelerates and misses entering Earth's atmosphere. As he returns to the Leo he receives a message from Treize mistaking him for Noin.
-Meanwhile in the Alliance base the stubborn commander wants to fire the Bulge Cannon again this time aiming at Zechs' piece. But then Treize calls and offers help, Lady Une tells him there's a Leo still there and Treize decides to go save it and the pilot.
-Unfortunately for Noin she causes an explosion while cutting the pieces and the Scheherazade(no outer armor) is hit hard by debris and she's left unconscious.
-Zechs didn't answer Treize's call that informed the place where Noin laid was in the path of the Bulge Cannon. With no option left to save Noin he contacts Doctor J and decides to unlock Zero System. But J tells him that using Zero System can have unpredictable consequences as the system was built to protect Heero Yui and Katrina Peacecraft and both are dead.
-J also comments that the reason for unlocking Zero is his love for Noin and that said love could produce a miracle. Zechs finally responds Treize's call tells him to get clear and boots up Zero System from his Leo.
-Zechs leaves a message to Treize: recover this Leo and accept Pandora's Box, with this connecting to a suitable computer, predicting the future is possible. He didn't mention Ein or the password, believing Treize didn't need to know. Zechs is rescued by Elv.
-Proto Zero's cockpit is activated by the Zero System and Odin is overwhelmed by the info directly relayed to his brain. With no time to spare he launches from the shuttle in MA form destroying it in the process and leaves towards his target: Bulge Cannon. He has 200 seconds before it fires.
-Lady Une sees the shuttle explosion just as the firing preparations begin and she worries
-Odin sucessfully hits the target with a concentrated Beam that doesn't cause the Bulge to explode then goes to rescue Noin also destroying the smaller fragments she had cut. Odin thanks the Zero System

-L1 Colony Medical Center, Hundelt Catalonia is about to die but Catherine with her daughter Sally save him in a emergency surgery. The next day he asks about his sons(Treize and Vingt) but they haven't contacted him in a long time, he thinks he lived a bit more just to see them. Sally says there's a way to live longer since her mother is researching it by creating a Spare from DNA and then download the consciousness via Image Trace into the Spare body. Catherine interrupts the conversation saying the process is still in experimental stage, as they leave Hundelt asks how much it costs. Catherine says collecting DNA sample is free since it's for research.
-Hundelt asks her to create a Spare for his son that was born ill, Vingt Kushrenada
-Catherine receives a mail from J ordering the destruction of Zechs DNA sample, then she prepares a tube for Vingt. There are also samples for Heero, Odin and Catherine herself. Sally asks her mother if she needs her sample but Catherine jokingly says taking care of another Sally is gonna be hard. Then Sally says she will clone her mother since she would make a fine child, Catherine replies saying she shouldn't be so strict with her.

-MC 0022 era: Kathy Po removes the VR helmet and tells Father Maxwell she's a clone of her grandmother who created human cloning. Father tells her that she's an unique human being. Kathy also discovers that all these events were unknown until now and Father smiles saying that now with Sally's and Meilan's files they will know the true story of the AC era.

Lots of revelations this time, and we're in for 2 more flashbacks

*This happens before Heero kills Vingt and Angelina in AC 188 with a bomb.
Rainforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 07:51   Link #6424
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks for the summary, Rainforce. What's this about Meilan having a twin sister?? Say what??

And sheesh, we were joking about all the cloning and now Sumizawa has finally gone and added it to the pile. I guess that means the carbon copy pilots actually are "spares". Ugh.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 14:47   Link #6425
choupette

Wow, so... Sad?

So... Phobos, Duo Jr... They're mere spares.

And then, Heero also has a spare, and... Odin, too?
Old 2015-04-25, 11:41   Link #6426
Rainforce
Banned

GOL: Heero gets Epyon, Zechs get angel wing Wing Zero

FT:
A)MC0022
-The Babel fortress is equipped with Zwolf Zwerg cannons(80 times the power of Drei Zwerg)
-Heero, Relena and Noin surrender along a complete version of the Zechs Files
B)AC 188
-A 8 year old Quatre rides the Scheherazade and has a battle with Erv in the Prometheus. Quatre destroys the Cross Gatling but faints afterward
-That same Summer, Ein Yui dies in the Maxwell Church. He lives through the ZERO Network
-Autumn, Heero and Odin separate as per Episode Zero
C)AC 190
-Spare Van's Black Wing Zero developed
D)MC0022
-As Heero surrenders, Phobos in Promotheus faces him. Duo sorties in Scheherazade while Millou/Naina prepare to battle
Old 2015-04-25, 19:17   Link #6427
choupette

Thank you for the summary, Rainforce!

Is this from the June edition of GA?
Old 2015-04-25, 19:53   Link #6428
Rainforce
Banned

Yeah, I will post the full translation when it's available

Finally we're back on the present.

Vol 10 cover will certainly be Sheherazade
Old 2015-04-27, 18:19   Link #6429
Knight_SV

finally Wing Zero EW made it's debut. well proto zero it seems was just an excuse to include katokified tv wing zero in order to sell the master grade lol
zero ew debut somehow lacklustre

Last edited by Knight_SV; 2015-04-27 at 18:55.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 18:27   Link #6430
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That and the Wing Zero Custom lacking a proper mobile armor mode opened up a few discrepancies in the show, like OZ confusing it for a shuttle in its initial appearance.
Old 2015-04-28, 04:01   Link #6431
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

*sigh* Great. My intuition was right. Proto Zero is (next to) pointless, and we got this pathetic Gundam as a Master Grade kit instead of the iconic Wing Zero TV thanks to Bandai treating the TV designs like a bastard child when it comes to Master Grades. MG Proto Zero should’ve been the long-awaited fan-favorite MG Wing Zero. They butcher fans’ opportunity to finally get the actual MG Wing Zero in place of Katoki design hype.

Sorry for my rant, guys. The recent GoL chapter just brought back my bitter feelings.
Old 2015-04-28, 15:56   Link #6432
LKK

Thread closed for review.

Edit: I removed 5 post that went off-topic. In the future, remember that disagreeing with your fellow members is fine. Insulting your fellow members is not.

Thread open.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 06:33   Link #6433
Chibiloli

I was kinda hoping this would stay closed, each time I think the gundam thread is updated instead I see people talking about this.... Thing, not a fan of the sausage fest that was wing and the discrepancies in it.
Old 2015-04-29, 08:27   Link #6434
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
I was kinda hoping this would stay closed, each time I think the gundam thread is updated instead I see people talking about this.... Thing, not a fan of the sausage fest that was wing and the discrepancies in it.
I think Wing series’ story is still miles better than Victory, G-Reco, Destiny, AGE, and G Saviour. And sausage-fest is not really a problem coz at the end of the day, most of them are fully-realized characters, not just handsome faces slapped on the show. And if you have a good-looking cast why not exploit it? That’s marketing 101 right there. By your standard, SEED is also a sausage fest (remember ZAFT-boyband?) and even Gundam 00 is more of a sausage-fest than Wing yet the quality is up there among the best entries in the franchise. The TV series is good, Endless Waltz is good, and the GoL manga is good. It’s not perfect or great of course, but it did well.

The Frozen-Teardrop novel however, is another matter .

And this is actually a good thread aside from maybe some rude customers (not necessarily pointing at you).
Old 2015-04-30, 04:17   Link #6435
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think Wing series’ story is still miles better than Victory, G-Reco, Destiny, AGE, and G Saviour. And sausage-fest is not really a problem coz at the end of the day, most of them are fully-realized characters, not just handsome faces slapped on the show. And if you have a good-looking cast why not exploit it? That’s marketing 101 right there. By your standard, SEED is also a sausage fest (remember ZAFT-boyband?) and even Gundam 00 is more of a sausage-fest than Wing yet the quality is up there among the best entries in the franchise. The TV series is good, Endless Waltz is good, and the GoL manga is good. It’s not perfect or great of course, but it did well.

The Frozen-Teardrop novel however, is another matter .

And this is actually a good thread aside from maybe some rude customers (not necessarily pointing at you).
I only care about mecha designs, and angel gundam is super boring and so is pretty much every mook mecha on wing, Epyon is probably the most useless of the bunch as it has no range weapons whatsoever, and the EW designs were a complete turnoff as only mouth breathers care about designs that don't make any sense, why design a wat machine like an angel? I say design it to be more intimidating.
Old 2015-04-30, 06:00   Link #6436
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I only care about mecha designs, and angel gundam is super boring and so is pretty much every mook mecha on wing, Epyon is probably the most useless of the bunch as it has no range weapons whatsoever, and the EW designs were a complete turnoff as only mouth breathers care about designs that don't make any sense, why design a wat machine like an angel? I say design it to be more intimidating.
Eh, in your previous post you said you’re not a fan Wing due to sausage-fest and the story discrepancy. And now you said you only care about the Mecha designs? Be consistent, please.

Also, believe it or not, the "angel wings” on Wing Zero are both thrusters & pseudo-shield. So it’s very much functional. And the mecha designer decided to make Epyon a pure melee suit. You may not like the Wing Zero & Epyon design (which is fine, everyone has their taste) but it works. The designs sold tons of model kits, toys, games, DVDs & Blu-rays and became many people’s favorite Gundams.
Old 2015-04-30, 06:28   Link #6437
Chibiloli

Quote:
Eh, in your previous post you said you’re not a fan Wing due to sausage-fest and the story discrepancy. And now you said you only care about the Mecha designs? Be consistent, please.

Also, believe it or not, the "angel wings” on Wing Zero are both thrusters & pseudo-shield. So it’s very much functional. And the mecha designer decided to make Epyon a pure melee suit. You may not like the Wing Zero & Epyon design (which is fine, everyone has their taste) but it works. The designs sold tons of model kits, toys, games, DVDs & Blu-rays and became many people’s favorite Gundams.
I'm really not into the sausage fest part and the descrepancies in designs, I only care for the designs, the former two still bugged me however enough, what part of I don't like the sausage fest and descripancies is there not to get?

What? You trying to provoke me?
Old 2015-04-30, 06:52   Link #6438
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I'm really not into the sausage fest part and the descrepancies in designs, I only care for the designs, the former two still bugged me however enough, what part of I don't like the sausage fest and descripancies is there not to get?

What? You trying to provoke me?
If you said you only care about mecha design, that means you shouldn’t be bothered by the so-called sausage-fest. If you still bothered by the sausage-fest, that means the mecha design is not the only one you care. Simple isn’t it?
Old 2015-04-30, 06:55   Link #6439
Chibiloli

Quote:
If you said you only care about mecha design, that means you shouldn’t be bothered by the so-called sausage-fest. If you still bothered by the sausage-fest, that means the mecha design is not the only one you care. Simple isn’t it?
Sausage fest still bothers me.
Old 2015-04-30, 11:12   Link #6440
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Could we stop with the pointless debate?

While it's Chibiloli's full right to dislike Wing, I see little reason to state as much in a thread designed specifically to discuss it and Frozen Teardrop anyway.

Let us rather talk about the fact that the five "new" Gundams were around and being piloted pre-series already, but for some reason it still took Trowa and Quatre over a decade to write an OS for it. Because the original OS was gone. And apparently you can't use the OS of the other Gundams. For whatever reason.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing