AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 22:26   Link #1
Midonin
Last Engage

Suite Precure♪

スイートプリキュア♪

The confirmation.

Yes, the musical note is part of the title. While it's fairly weird for me to be creating this, it's a Precure series that, from the logo design, is musically-influenced. I'm a sucker for the concept.

So, discussion of Tsubomi and Erika's successors begins here, amount of information pending.

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-11-03 at 22:36.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 22:35   Link #2
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I hope its as good as HeartCatch. Seriously HeartCatch set the franchise standard to next level.

And I hope its still using Umakoshi Yoshihiko Chara design <3
Old 2010-11-03, 23:01   Link #3
pcj

It's *possible* that it could actually be a sequel to Heartcatch still. The toy flyers for the spring toy lineup still have Blossom and Marine in them (and other characters that are blacked out) and the pink and blue colors are still present in the stated theme colors. There's also Orange and Green. The Orange may or may not be Cure Sunshine, hard to tell because she's technically "gold" and that's hard to represent on paper. The flyers also explicitly state that the current heart seeds will continue to work in the new toys.

Heartcatch already has a bit of a music theme to it anyway. All of the existing attacks are music-based ([color] Forte Wave, Floral Power Fortissimo, Heartcatch Orchestra) already.

Then again, it could be something entirely new. We'll have to wait for the character designs to leak before we find out for sure.
pcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 23:12   Link #4
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
They better have a sequel to heartcatch best precure they have made to date. Or unless we go back to doremi!!!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 01:33   Link #5
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

pcj, or it could be like what Splash Star was to FwPC.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 08:23   Link #6
FireChick

Quote:
I hope its as good as HeartCatch. Seriously HeartCatch set the franchise standard to next level.

And I hope its still using Umakoshi Yoshihiko Chara design <3
Yeah. I really liked Heartcatch Precure. And I'm interested in seeing what this series is like.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 08:48   Link #7
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Someone over at ANN mentioned that "suite" means "continuation" in French.
"Sequel Precure"? As far as I remember, Heartcatch was the first to actually have the contracted "Precure" in the title instead of "Pretty Cure"
Old 2010-11-04, 10:08   Link #8
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Someone over at ANN mentioned that "suite" means "continuation" in French.
"Sequel Precure"? As far as I remember, Heartcatch was the first to actually have the contracted "Precure" in the title instead of "Pretty Cure"
While this is of course true, a suite can be plenty of other things. And going by the music note in the title, the meaning we're looking at is most likely this one, the French word having been carried into plenty of other languages in this case.
Old 2010-11-04, 10:39   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A music themed Pretty Cure series? Count me in.
Old 2010-11-04, 10:48   Link #10
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
While this is of course true, a suite can be plenty of other things. And going by the music note in the title, the meaning we're looking at is most likely this one, the French word having been carried into plenty of other languages in this case.
Could be both. It's Japanese naming we're talking about. Wouldn't be entirely surprised myself.
Old 2010-11-04, 19:31   Link #11
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
What if we get a doremi X precure crossover XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 20:56   Link #12
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

And who in gundam will voice the antagonists. Will Kira's VA voice a bad guy?
Old 2010-11-04, 21:00   Link #13
uis

Don't approved this precure except if it heartcatch s2 or don't follow k-on and lilpri theme...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 22:35   Link #14
Archaic

Seriously hoping this is a Heartcatch continuation. Heartcatch has really raised the bar for the franchise, and it seems a waste to dump the characters so soon.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 18:26   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Smile

First of all, congratulations to Midonin, because this is the first posting thread for a Pretty Cure series since Pretty Cure Splash*Star that was not started by me; I humbly accepted my loss.

Now, back to the topic.

After reading all of your posts and then realizing the musical theme that the upcoming Pretty Cure series will carry on, I can only hope for best wishes that the eighth series includes a powerful but wonderful combo:

Umakoshi Yoshihiko's character designs + Junichi Sato's directorial skills and story devising.

Seriously, if the upcoming Precure is going to derive its motif from music, then I want to imagine: its atmosphere, its fantasy elements, its settings, and its characters in a high level on par with Princess Tutu, or even higher than that.

I will absolutely love it, if they do that for that series.

Let us take a look back to the past series.

1. Futari wa Pretty Cure
2. Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart (sequel to FPC)
3. Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash * Star (1st brand-new and non-sequel PC series)
4. Yes! Pretty Cure 5 (2nd non-sequel PC series, and 1st to drop the legend Futari wa in its title)
5. Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo (sequel to YPC 5)
6. Fresh Pretty Cure (3rd non-sequel PC series)
7. HeartCatch PreCure (4th non-sequel PC series, and 1st to contract the name from Pretty Cure to PreCure)

FPC + Max Heart (1st Pretty Cure universe)
Splash * Star (2nd Pretty Cure universe, and 1st standalone series)
YPC5 + YPC5 GoGo (3rd Pretty Cure universe)
Fresh (4th Pretty Cure universe, and 2nd standalone series)
HeartCatch (5th Pretty Cure universe; 3rd standalone series)
Suite Precure (6th Pretty Cure universe; 4th standalone series)

From the past records, we have that both the third, sixth and now the seventh series were not followed by sequels.

A final conclusion has been revealed after weeks of ambiguous hints and long debates:

Suite Precure will be set in a brand-new universe, featuring a new story and characters, but as well it becomes a first series at breaking a standard. There won't be a sequel to the current PC series, as it was the case with previous ones in the past. From now on, new PC series will air with each year.

Last edited by Guido; 2012-10-15 at 00:21. Reason: Suite Precure will not be a sequel to HeartCatch, and the latter has ended
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 06:06   Link #16
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Toei opened Suite Precure website.
Take these colored gems on the notes as you want, but they are there for a reason.
Old 2010-11-28, 18:56   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

If the upcoming season is deriving its motif and theme from music and including the seven basic musical keys, then does that means that series is going to feature seven Pretty Cures?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:24   Link #18
gsilver

Hmm... With seven main characters (plus fairies and other supporting characters...), I think the cast will be too large.

I do think that Heartcatch has enough potential to go another season, though. It's the first Precure series that I've seen, but it interested me enough to check out the others. I'm starting with Fresh.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 07:10   Link #19
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Hmm Suite PreCure Chara looks Nice, so started when this suite precure replace heartcatch ?
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-7452.html
Old 2010-11-29, 07:49   Link #20
pcj

That's probably fake. It'll be a couple weeks before we know. Usually the character designs show up in a print magazine about the first or second week of December. They didn't add Heartcatch to the promo materials for DX2 until mid-January, so it seems unlikely that the first leak would be in a DX3 promo.
pcj is offline   Reply With Quote