AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 21:19   Link #18581
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
It'll have to do...

Spoiler for Silverback's Energy Shield/Armor:

Any thoughts guys?...

StaroSpear, what do you think? Similar to Minerva's defenses?
Seems all right, I like how the shield system works. Though, unlike the Silverbacks, the Minerva won't shut down no matter how many times its shield gets wiped out. (Described to be a resilient machine which reflects on the pilot's will to fight and not limit his/her fighting capability.

As for the armor strength, since its shield gets wiped out faster than an IS', having heavier armor than an IS is a good trade-off. The Minerva also sports heavy armor for the sole purpose of protecting the pilot when the shield goes down.

Most of all, having the Silverbacks able to restore each other's defenses is pretty good. Since they're a team, granting them team-support capabilities is great so they won't have to go rambo on their own during missions.

Also, was supposed to post a scene for Zero but I fell asleep before I could do so...

Anyways, scene~!
Spoiler for Scene:

One more thing...~!
Spoiler for Battle music:

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-01-18 at 21:52.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 21:22   Link #18582
Setsuna Asuka

Gunblade solves all gun/sword related problems.
Old 2012-01-18, 21:29   Link #18583
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I have similar idea (I call it gattai harmonize) but I explain the reason behind looking similar with .....

THE IS TAKE PARTS FROM EACH OTHER! Pot-luck (if you don't mind Metal) party!

The parts were use as raw material to form whatever part they needed (err.... Valkyrie trace remember?).

But unfortunately the weapon remain the same but with some minor modification
(Because the sword can't turn into sniper rifle due to lack of material.)

In another word, following rule of Equivalent exchange:

The total material used for upgraded IS1 and IS2 must still be equal to total material of IS1 and IS2 before upgrade.

=========

On unrelated note: It is very difficult to upgrade Byakushiki..... In fact I don't think I want to upgrade Byakushiki.....

because....

What is more powerful than a freaking one-hit kill? There is no need for DPSer or Damage dealing since he can take out boss with one hit. All they need is a tank to serve as aggro unit.

Even though the weakness is explained as weak energy shield and energy draining but the moment he hit the boss it's an Instant Win.

Currently, Weak shield is made up by the ability to Double Ignition boost (one of the very few IS that can do that). Lack of range is made up by Setsura (cannon mode).

In fact, Chifuyu is right, Byakushiki don't need anything except Yukihira to win curb-stomp every single IS in a competition.

The weakness of Byakushiki is not the energy-cost but Ichika's skill.......*sigh*

However to keep the balance in the story (to prevent every battle anti-climatic), people with One-hit kill weapon usually seldom improve their skill (a lot).

========

Edit: Frankly speaking, Byakushiki can one hit kill almost every single machine in my story(including that Over-powered one which I mentioned).

The only one which he can't one-hit kill is Alex due to having Solid Physical shield with special system which release a special frequency that cancel out energy attack (and he is technically a 2nd Gen IS.....(2.5 gen IS to be exact) due to French lack of Energy weapon Technology)

Moar edit: Cancel out part only work for weak ranged energy weapon (and theoretically should work for energy sword) but in reality, it only manage weaken the beam (for powerful energy attack) and making it very fragile enough to break upon contact with solid object (in the case of energy sword)

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-01-18 at 21:54.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 22:00   Link #18584
Eratas123

@ Treme - Any idea when you're gonna start with your fic?

@ Stratos - How do you pump out scenes so fast?
Old 2012-01-18, 22:02   Link #18585
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Actually I had already began.... (^refer to previous post about unnecessary information)

Hence improvising on the first chapter again.
Old 2012-01-18, 22:13   Link #18586
Eratas123

Sweet I'm almost done with Daydreams new chapter:3 Either Tabane or Maya is next
Old 2012-01-18, 22:18   Link #18587
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Treme - Any idea when you're gonna start with your fic?

@ Stratos - How do you pump out scenes so fast?
It happens when I managed to mentally visualize the characters, locations and the plot... which in turn helps me in working out the character interactions. :3

That and a good music on repeat. (For this case, the music that I posted in the spoiler in my post above.)
Old 2012-01-18, 22:20   Link #18588
Eratas123

I'm still doing daydreams I suck at romance
Old 2012-01-19, 00:00   Link #18589
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hospital report is piling up EVEN LARGER! AAAGH!!!

Fic progress of the day:
> Revising the first Gospel battle scene

Normally, pilot will be Knocked out WHEN the absolute defense failed (i.e. breaks), since that means the attack connected to the pilot and the pilot will be injured. The I.S. will be shut down, all system and energy will be used to keep pilot alive. The Pilot's consciousness is put down with the purpose that the pilot didn't felt the pain and recover faster thanks to perfect state of rest. If most essential parts of the I.S. are intact, the I.S. also have a simple but reliable autopilot to bring the pilot back if simple shutdown is deemed dangerous (the enemy is still around).

However, the new ShiroKishi has no such failsafe feature. This is why it features armor comparable to Gospel's, intended to tank what's left from an attack that broke through Absolute defense. The pilot will stay awake during the ordeal and will be able to retreat by him/herself, the autopilot can give support if the pilot is having problem with his/her consciousness or requested to do so.

ByakuShiki emulated this by means of bypassing the defensive protocol due to Ichika's willingness to take all the pain. Advanced AI allowing ByakuShiki to manage it's system and energy more efficiently, despite the damaged state.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:09   Link #18590
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Just wondering, but should I have Ichika and Irish fight in the abandoned hospital? Shows some dual protagonist storytelling.

To everyone - The US is making the "Stop Online Piracy Act" (SOPA), which, if passed, will possibly shit down sites such as facebook, Twitter, google and other websites. Fanfiction.net is a possible target, so I just thought I should warn you all.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:14   Link #18591
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Why not?

Wikipedia blackout, nuff said...

And of course, Animesuki
Old 2012-01-19, 00:17   Link #18592
Eratas123

This is gonna suck if that bill get's passed. What's annoying is I'm not even American! Hell if I care what the american government says what I can or can't do!? I need facebook for school. If this bill gets passed, riots will be had.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:19   Link #18593
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
This is gonna suck if that bill get's passed. What's annoying is I'm not even American! Hell if I care what the american government says what I can or can't do!? I need facebook for school. If this bill gets passed, riots will be had.
This.

Also, posted the scene above, Zero.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:21   Link #18594
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I'm worried of making Ichika look OOC if he attacks Irish.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:22   Link #18595
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos

Nice scene, that's about what I thought when I recommend the second choice.

Side note - and then it got worse... the REAL world become similar to that of Paranoia RPG

EDIT: Going to hospital again
Old 2012-01-19, 00:26   Link #18596
Eratas123

@ Senpai - If you have broken ribs, is it possible to crawl on your stomach?

Side note - I hope SOPA doesn't get passed. We really don't need more stupid bills by the government. That, and other countries are going to get pissed at the American gov since they seem to think this bill should apply all over the world.
Old 2012-01-19, 01:22   Link #18597
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
To everyone - The US is making the "Stop Online Piracy Act" (SOPA), which, if passed, will possibly shit down sites such as facebook, Twitter, google and other websites. Fanfiction.net is a possible target, so I just thought I should warn you all.
Reason for not support this (SOPA):
Even Animesuki will be shut down.....

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-01-19 at 02:10.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 01:39   Link #18598
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@those who know: Can someone name me an air base near Manila?
Old 2012-01-19, 02:11   Link #18599
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It's not Clark Air Base is it?
Old 2012-01-19, 02:20   Link #18600
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Well Clark Air Base is near Manila but it's Diosdado Macapagal International Airport now.

You could use Villiamor Air Base. It's in Pasay City so it's pretty near.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest