Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 16:57   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Adobe Photoshop CS2 issue/bug

I've had this newer adobe for a bit now, but until recently I've started to use it much more than I have done so in the past. Well... what ever with the history. After about 30 minutes of use, my adobe would default to the "hand tool" and it would get stuck to that hand tool uses no matter what I do. I've tried restarting the program, but usually that don't usually help. The only thing i've done successfully that can solve this issue is waiting several mins for the program to return to default.

It's not really life threating but it sure is a hugemongous annoyance.

Am I the only one experiencing this bug with Adobe CS2 or are other people who have also experienced this?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 19:06   Link #2
Gundam Zero Force

Well I use Photoshop CS3 Extended now but for a quite a few years I used to use Photoshop CS2 and I had ZERO Issues.

I don't know what Photoshop is doing and why it is defaulting to the hand tool for you. Is your keyboard old by any chance?? Is the spacebar on your keyboard pressed down by accident?? The shortcut I beleive for the hand tool is the spacebar (by default). I know a few times on my old pc (before i got a better one) The keyboard keys would accidentally get stuck sometimes and make whatever program I was in default to a certian tool b/c the keyboard shortcut was being pressed down.

That is really the only thing I can think of as to why it defaults to the hand tool. And when you say it gets stuck to the hand tool . . . .do you mean when you try to switch tools it just won't let you or everytime you switch it reverts right back to the hand tool?? I dunno what elese could be the issue . . . . maybe try re-installing CS2 all over and see if the issue persists.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 21:38   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
Well I use Photoshop CS3 Extended now but for a quite a few years I used to use Photoshop CS2 and I had ZERO Issues.

I don't know what Photoshop is doing and why it is defaulting to the hand tool for you. Is your keyboard old by any chance?? Is the spacebar on your keyboard pressed down by accident?? The shortcut I beleive for the hand tool is the spacebar (by default). I know a few times on my old pc (before i got a better one) The keyboard keys would accidentally get stuck sometimes and make whatever program I was in default to a certian tool b/c the keyboard shortcut was being pressed down.

That is really the only thing I can think of as to why it defaults to the hand tool. And when you say it gets stuck to the hand tool . . . .do you mean when you try to switch tools it just won't let you or everytime you switch it reverts right back to the hand tool?? I dunno what elese could be the issue . . . . maybe try re-installing CS2 all over and see if the issue persists.
My keyboard isn't that old, but I do know it's trustworthy at the moment. About the key being stuck in place, that's not the problem too. About it reverting to the hand too, not really. The hand tool for me is always in effect even my I have the paint brush tool highlighted or anything others.

I think it may be with my installation. so I think reinstalling would be my best option.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-08-24, 23:35   Link #4
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
I think it may be with my installation. so I think reinstalling would be my best option.
That may be your best bet. Tell us if anything changed after you re-install it. I hope that fixes your problem

I use the hand tool a lot as well when I am painting with my tablet. I'm always scrolling across the composition all the time.
Old 2007-08-25, 00:15   Link #5
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
That may be your best bet. Tell us if anything changed after you re-install it. I hope that fixes your problem

I use the hand tool a lot as well when I am painting with my tablet. I'm always scrolling across the composition all the time.
I sorta wished Adobe has some of the features found on Coral 10. Scroll up and down on the wheel for zoom is so much more convenient that for Adobe CS2 ^_^. I gotta reinstall windows so i'll have to reinstall Adobe anyway. I have too much crap lost in my HD ><

Old 2007-08-25, 18:06   Link #6
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
I sorta wished Adobe has some of the features found on Coral 10. Scroll up and down on the wheel for zoom is so much more convenient that for Adobe CS2 ^_^. I gotta reinstall windows so i'll have to reinstall Adobe anyway. I have too much crap lost in my HD ><
Yes I have to agree with you there. I wish in CS3 you could use the middle mouse button to zoom in and out. But Adobe After Effects, one of thier other programs which is a post-production special effect program does that. I can use the middle mouse button in there to zoom in and I wish Photoshop could do that. But even so, I still find Cs3 to be a perfect program, I still find it easy and convienent to paint and create images despite a few hotkeys/buttons I'd like to be changed. I hope once you get everything installed your Photoshop Cs2 works again