AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 19:42   Link #21
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I'll just ignore the DNA stuff. At least this chapter attempted to answer everything about Edo Tensei. Although either Kabuto is lying about there being no drawback to trap Madara, or he is setting himself up for an epic fail.

At least it was confirmed 100% that Minato was in the third coffin and none of the Hokages can come back.

Doesn't Madara have a suitcase full of Sharingan? What's stopping him now from raising an Edo Tensei Uchiha army? Extra bodies? He'll have plenty of them soon. To me, the biggest thing in this chapter was that Kishimoto killed Fuu and Torune. So C-list name characters can be killed in the war.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 19:50   Link #22
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
Well most of the DNA could probably come after they died so it is hard to find but not impossible. He may have looked hard of Zabuza and Haku's graveyard so as the others (former Kages). The dead Jinchuuriki's corpse are most likely around akatsuki's base.
I think it's obvious that most of the DNA he had is from Orochimaru's experiments. Orochi played with DNA a lot, he created Danzou's power, he had the DNA of the 1st and 2nd kages, he created Yamato, he had access to all the resources of Konoha before being discovered by the 3rd, he also killed the 4th kazekage and who knows how many other people. He also had a large organization of his own, worked with Sasori who had spies in different countries, was in the akatsuki and thus probably had access to some resources there too. What we see is simply that Kabuto is using Orochimaru's whole heritage and improving on it in his own way, and he surpassed Orochimaru in his own way. But without Orochimaru Kabuto would be a nobody.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 22:36   Link #23
Nobodyman9
Banned

I love how when Kishi writes himself into a corner and realizes something he's written is contradictory or just bad he comes up with some long-winded explanation for why it makes sense and is awesome. Even though it's not.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:34   Link #24
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I love how when Kishi writes himself into a corner and realizes something he's written is contradictory or just bad he comes up with some long-winded explanation for why it makes sense and is awesome. Even though it's not.
ROFL thank u so much for saying it! I miss the awesome fights of naruto past like Sasuke vs orochimaru in the forest of death, or shikamaru vs temari. Now it's just like: edo tensei-sasori gets pwnd by kankuro's speach and dissapears. . . .WTF? Call me selfish, but sometimes I just want more depth, and I feel like if Kishi wrote out the whole manga in at least some kind of basic outline format it wouldn't seem like he makes it up weekly.

I do like that naruto is training with the kyuubi chakra but what happened to mass bushin training. 1000 clones augmentation to his training=24000 hours=1000 DAYS=2.7 years! If he trained like that every day for one year it would be equivalent to him training for 972 years.

Last edited by Kotengu; 2010-12-08 at 23:49.
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 23:52   Link #25
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
he cant use clones while using the 9 tails power, if he did, he would die almost instantly.

so now he has to do it alone with hard work.
Old 2010-12-09, 00:32   Link #26
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
he cant use clones while using the 9 tails power, if he did, he would die almost instantly.
crap forgot about that part sry. Hopefully this ability doesn't get completely omitted thou. If Naruto used this in the upcoming war to participate in multiple battles he would get mad exp, and easily become the MVP of the entire war if only b/c he helped fight in every battle and could potentially save the life of ninja from multiple villages in person.
Old 2010-12-09, 01:40   Link #27
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think it's obvious that most of the DNA he had is from Orochimaru's experiments. Orochi played with DNA a lot, he created Danzou's power, he had the DNA of the 1st and 2nd kages, he created Yamato, he had access to all the resources of Konoha before being discovered by the 3rd, he also killed the 4th kazekage and who knows how many other people. He also had a large organization of his own, worked with Sasori who had spies in different countries, was in the akatsuki and thus probably had access to some resources there too. What we see is simply that Kabuto is using Orochimaru's whole heritage and improving on it in his own way, and he surpassed Orochimaru in his own way. But without Orochimaru Kabuto would be a nobody.
I don't like commenting until I've read the chapter, but I think it's safe to assume the DNA wasn't taken 'a la DBZ' during fights, but taken from actual corpses. Seeing as Jiraiya sank and drifted to the sea, it seems likely that they never managed finding the corpse. Haku and Zabuza were both buried near the land of Waves, and the tombs were still standing when Suigetsu grabbed his kitchen cleaver.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:48   Link #28
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
my thoughts exactly!
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 09:09   Link #29
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post

At least it was confirmed 100% that Minato was in the third coffin and none of the Hokages can come back.
I normally wouldn't reply till after I read the chapter, but that statement in bold intrigued me. I thought the spoilers said those consumed by the Death God couldn't be summoned. What's this confirmation you speak of?
Old 2010-12-09, 09:23   Link #30
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
I normally wouldn't reply till after I read the chapter, but that statement in bold intrigued me. I thought the spoilers said those consumed by the Death God couldn't be summoned. What's this confirmation you speak of?
It was confirmed that Oro did try to summon Yondaime and failed.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 10:00   Link #31
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Expecting anko to free yamato in epic fashion. Also expecting kabuto to be standing in a dark corner saying "just as planned" with a close up of his lips as he says it
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 13:40   Link #32
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
ROFL thank u so much for saying it! I miss the awesome fights of naruto past like Sasuke vs orochimaru in the forest of death, or shikamaru vs temari. Now it's just like: edo tensei-sasori gets pwnd by kankuro's speach and dissapears. . . .WTF? Call me selfish, but sometimes I just want more depth, and I feel like if Kishi wrote out the whole manga in at least some kind of basic outline format it wouldn't seem like he makes it up weekly.
More depth? What sort of depth? I think this Kankuro vs Sasori was one of those things that i really like in this manga. Because this was not about fighting but about character development and story lines. We have multiple story lines around the main character's story line. One of these was Sasori's story. It was clear that the story of his life is somehow not complete with his death. He was one of those more interesting akatsuki members who had a strong story line (unlike Kakuzu and some others who were just fighing machines) and i expected a good ending. But he suddely died, the way he was killed was a nice part of the story. However, it was never explained why it went that way, and we had a feeling that the story is unfinished. But now Kishi finished the story, in a really nice way, we can say that Sasori got his "happy end". He has achieved what he wanted but in way that he never thought of, for the first time after many years he was happy again, his story was completed perfectly.
And at the same time Kankuro got his powerup that all will get in this war, so his story has also finished here, i mean the story of becoming the strongest puppet master has finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I don't like commenting until I've read the chapter, but I think it's safe to assume the DNA wasn't taken 'a la DBZ' during fights, but taken from actual corpses. Seeing as Jiraiya sank and drifted to the sea, it seems likely that they never managed finding the corpse. Haku and Zabuza were both buried near the land of Waves, and the tombs were still standing when Suigetsu grabbed his kitchen cleaver.
Orochimaru didn't have to take it during the fight, for example he killed the 4th kazekage, so he could take his DNA from the corpse. But this distinction does not matter, since he has to fight him to take the DNA. DNA can be taken also during fight, Madara did that as he recently explained. But it would be interesting to see how did Orochimaru get the DNA of various other kages, for example the raikage's father is there among the zombies. As i mentioned there could be a lot of possible ways, for example if Sasori had a spy in the kumo village and while Orochimaru was a partner of Sasori he could have used Sasori's spy to take a DNA sample of the kage without anyone noticing.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 18:39   Link #33
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

No chapter yet. But something interesting popped up. A better translation has Kabuto saying he can get Shisui Uchiha's DNA from Danzou's eye. And Jiraiya's from the rods Pain used. So expect some more zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
And at the same time Kankuro got his powerup that all will get in this war, so his story has also finished here, i mean the story of becoming the strongest puppet master has finished.
But was there even a story to begin with? This is what happens when you ignore your secondary characters for so long. I forgot about Kankuro and don't even remember that he had a goal to be the strongest puppet master. So seeing him accomplish that doesn't really mean much to me. That's why the Sasori fight didn't quite have the emotional impact it should of had. I always cut Kishi some breaks, but that felt rushed.
Old 2010-12-09, 19:48   Link #34
james0246

For some reason, Anko has Orochimaru's chakra in her. Is this from the Curse Seal? And if it is, have we always known that the Curse Seal contains Orochimaru's chakra?

Additionally, to piss off Nobodyman9, Edo Tensei represents no risk to the user, so, presumably, it requires very little chakra (as we assumed).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-09 at 19:59.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 20:27   Link #35
Ashaman

Yeah, that will piss him off.

I do like how Edo was basically called broken in-universe though

About Kabuto getting the DNA. Some are plausable, while others are less so.

Jinchuuriki? Fine, easy.

Kage's? Harder,but possible.

Sasori and Deidara? That I would liked explained.

Either he found the remains of Sasori's real body, or managed to get hold of that heart.

Deidara... Only way I can see it is if he managed to get ahold of his DNA from the remains of the arm that got crushed by Gaara, or he somehow got it before hand, neither of which sit well with me.

Then again, we did see Kabuto around the time Deidara kicked the bucket, didn't we
Old 2010-12-09, 20:35   Link #36
kitten320

Quote:
It's better than what Kubo does, he just creates more holes and explanations he attempts don't make much sence.

Anyway looks like Zabuza and Kakashi might meet again.
Old 2010-12-09, 20:39   Link #37
Fran~
floating away...

Ok... next week will be less talk and more action... i'm fine with that.

Kabuto failed in his explanation, we already saw that zombies can be redeemed and thus reach some kind of epiphany and ascend to the ninja heaven... they aren't unkillable.
Old 2010-12-09, 20:42   Link #38
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
crap forgot about that part sry. Hopefully this ability doesn't get completely omitted thou. If Naruto used this in the upcoming war to participate in multiple battles he would get mad exp, and easily become the MVP of the entire war if only b/c he helped fight in every battle and could potentially save the life of ninja from multiple villages in person.
i see it as he will learn how to truly be the yellow flash.

he demonstrated it once, but of course that could have just been a example of super speed.

also i like how kabuto said their is no risk to the user, sooner or later their will be a risk, only because right now he prob just lying to madara as he doesnt want to give him a full blown trump card on how to stop him.
Old 2010-12-09, 20:51   Link #39
Arkard

Was it just me, or did Kabuto stuff Anko in his robes when he took the scroll for Edo Tensei out?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:11   Link #40
kakakka

Hhmmm... Madara and Kabuto's partnership seems to be turning into something interesting. Kabuto explained the technique, but Madara knows there's something more. This also reminds me of that summon that Kabuto did to make Madara agree to this partnership before. Kabuto wouldn't explain it all, or else that secret that Madara fears would be useless (unless there is a way around it). But then again, Kabuto said he still have something prepared. I wonder what would happen now.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote