AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-10-11, 08:18   Link #11581
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Yeah, more-or-less. However, I didn't say "the difference is". I said "the difference is something like". I never said Campione are adrenaline junkies, I just said their actions resemble those of adrenaline junkies.

Also, let me say one thing here. You say Voban isn't evil, because he doesn't care. That's a nub statement, Haseo-han. Being treated like air hurts more than being flat-out hated most of the time. And the former has a much more rotten reason behind it. Sure enough, loathing humanity in general isn't nice - says the manhater - but neglecting to take notice of others is even worse. While the former is an extremely harsh emotion, it does include some recognition. The other, however, stems from having no recognition at all, a perfect state of superiority, where one thinks anything (and anyone) beneath their feet is mere ground to walk on, since that's the only logical conclusion.

Don't forget, the worst, most evil, and fearsome is not the man who hates another. It's the man who thinks nothing of another, because f.e. he will consider murdering the other no different to accidentally stepping on grass.

EDIT: I left out Alex. He's a brit. Brits are often incomprehensible to begin with. Though, that's what makes some of them fun actually
Actually, there's no objective good or evil, they're all relative concepts. Voban's already ceased to be human, his mentality's similar to the gods', you can't judge him by human's moral standards. Even in the series, I don't remember anyone actually called a god evil either.
Old 2015-10-11, 19:05   Link #11582
haseo0408

Quote:
Yeah, more-or-less. However, I didn't say "the difference is". I said "the difference is something like". I never said Campione are adrenaline junkies, I just said their actions resemble those of adrenaline junkies.

Also, let me say one thing here. You say Voban isn't evil, because he doesn't care. That's a nub statement, Haseo-han. Being treated like air hurts more than being flat-out hated most of the time. And the former has a much more rotten reason behind it. Sure enough, loathing humanity in general isn't nice - says the manhater - but neglecting to take notice of others is even worse. While the former is an extremely harsh emotion, it does include some recognition. The other, however, stems from having no recognition at all, a perfect state of superiority, where one thinks anything (and anyone) beneath their feet is mere ground to walk on, since that's the only logical conclusion.

Don't forget, the worst, most evil, and fearsome is not the man who hates another. It's the man who thinks nothing of another, because f.e. he will consider murdering the other no different to accidentally stepping on grass.

EDIT: I left out Alex. He's a brit. Brits are often incomprehensible to begin with. Though, that's what makes some of them fun actually
You have good point with Voban Rp-san, it´s just that I´m more used to the traditional villian that hates everything and everyone, you coul reason with Voban to some extent but that´s it, the man is scary for his lack of care for the world. Lou Hao in the other hand is in a league of her own.

Fwar-san remember that Kings are inmortal but still very human, gods know nothing of evil because of their very nature, completely incomprehensible for the mortal mind. The kings obatin Inmortality and powers beyond measure but they remind the same people they were as mortals, that insanity that made them strong enough to defeat gods is only more noticeable now that they are in the spotlight.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 04:40   Link #11583
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

You both have a point there.

I like to think the characters are done in a way that they contrast with what one would normally do, yet fulfill the readers' requirements for humour and glamour by doing their own thing. It was actually a pretty nice move of Jou'chan.

Seriously, they're all f××ked up. Really. Though, to be honest, they're so ridiculous because they have a few screws knocked loose, so I'm all for it

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 16:41   Link #11584
haseo0408

Quote:
You both have a point there.

I like to think the characters are done in a way that they contrast with what one would normally do, yet fulfill the readers' requirements for humour and glamour by doing their own thing. It was actually a pretty nice move of Jou'chan.

Seriously, they're all f××ked up. Really. Though, to be honest, they're so ridiculous because they have a few screws knocked loose, so I'm all for it
Wll Doni wins the price by a large margin in the screw loose category, the walking disaster zone price goes to all of them but special mention to Aisha.
Old 2015-10-15, 05:06   Link #11585
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Wll Doni wins the price by a large margin in the screw loose category, the walking disaster zone price goes to all of them but special mention to Aisha.
Shared first place?

Old 2015-10-16, 10:24   Link #11586
haseo0408

Quote:
Shared first place?
Well Aisha is in a league of her own!. She´s really the stuff of nightmares.
Old 2015-10-20, 05:12   Link #11587
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Well Aisha is in a league of her own!. She´s really the stuff of nightmares.
Personally, I'd do a nightmare with her, counting on the 'suspension bridge effect' kicking in

Old 2015-10-22, 10:25   Link #11588
Natsume01

Hi ! Can someone explain me what happened to Campione ? It was taken down from Baka Tsuki.
Does it mean that they won't translate it anymore ?
Natsume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 10:32   Link #11589
Saphirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume01 View Post
Hi ! Can someone explain me what happened to Campione ? It was taken down from Baka Tsuki.
Does it mean that they won't translate it anymore ?
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/i...title=Campione!

BT was issued a DCMA from Shueisha, as such, we will no longer be hosting Campione
Saphirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 11:13   Link #11590
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Shueisha DMCA'ed the series.

Okay folks, as you may infer from the title, Campione! has been DMCA'ed by Shueisha, the Japanese publisher for the series.

Super Dash Bunko is a LN imprint under the Shueisha brand, and notable series under it are Rokka no Yuusha and Kurenai.

If you don't know what DMCA is, please refer here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digita..._Copyright_Act. Of course, Baka-Tsuki servers are based in USA, so the site is under US jurisdiction.

As of 0310 GMT, Big Boss (thelastguardian) received an email from the publisher to take down all offending pages immediately. Notably, this has never happened before, and the pages include all language versions. (Rest omitted for privacy sake)

Quote:
"Dear Sir/Madam,

I certify under penalty of perjury, that I am an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights and that the information contained in this notice is accurate.

I have a good faith belief that the page or material listed below is not authorized by law for use by the individual(s) associated with the identified page listed below or their agents and therefore infringes the copyright owner's rights.

I HEREBY DEMAND THAT YOU ACT EXPEDITIOUSLY TO REMOVE OR DISABLE ACCESS TO THE PAGE OR MATERIAL CLAIMED TO BE INFRINGING.

This notice is sent pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), the European Union's Directive on the Harmonisation of Certain Aspects of Copyright and Related Rights in the Information Society (2001/29/EC), and/or other laws and regulations relevant in European Union member states or other jurisdictions.

>>
>>
>>

*** INFRINGING PAGE OR MATERIAL ***

Infringing page/material that I demand be disabled or removed in consideration of the above:

Rights Holder: Shueisha
As of 0445 GMT, the information was relayed to the Executive Council, and orders were made to remove all pages immediately.

As of 1110 GMT, all fan works relating to Campione! were taken down as per demand. This not only extends to the English versions, but to all alternate languages.

As aforementioned, this has never happened in the history of Baka-Tsuki, where the Japanese publisher would initiate a take down of all offending pieces. Typically, we will give leeway to any series that is licensed, and only expedite it immediately when there is a Cease & Desist. This is way beyond that of a Cease & Desist, and left with no choice, the series was abandoned as per demand.

Q: What will this mean for the translators?

A: As far as we know, zzhk will continue with 'The Leviathan of the Covenant', but we have no indication of what will happen to the other translators.

Q: What will this mean for the other series under Super Dash Bunko and Dash X Bunko?

A: As far as we know, we have yet to receive any DMCA for the other series under the label (please refer to the first line for notable series).

Q: Will this mean other publishers will begin to do the same?

A: We do not know. As of right now, the only thing we know is that Campione! is the only series that was specified.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 11:31   Link #11591
glazer69
Banned

That means we wont be able to read the next volume.... Forever..
glazer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 11:36   Link #11592
Sonicfanx1

Damn. Really, this means either I learn Japanese and buy the LNs physically, wait for another gutsy fan translator or wait for an official English Translator.
Old 2015-10-22, 18:22   Link #11593
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'd like to ask everyone to keep the conversation in this thread actually focused on the actual work in question, and not derailed on fan translation issues. I'll leave the post above as a sort of FAQ on the status, but this isn't a topic for this forum.
Old 2015-10-24, 08:38   Link #11594
lelouch12

First Oregairu, Psycome & Overlord got licensed and now we have Campione got DMCA'ed, why is this happening just hoping Rokka is not next T_T...
Old 2015-10-24, 08:40   Link #11595
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelouch12 View Post
First Oregairu, Psycome & Overlord got licensed and now we have Campione got DMCA'ed, why is this happening just hoping Rokka is not next T_T...
This really shouldn't come as a surprise.

Picking up Japanese/Chinese would remedy said problem.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 11:02   Link #11596
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Not necessarily ... to be honest, I sometimes think saying "shut up and take my money" to the japanese wouldn't do a thing, even though they could get their own stuff translated, and export it for a sh*tload of money ... wonder why they don't do that ... I'd definetly buy 79 volumes right now, if they were in english. Not that their so-called "losses" exist, since I myself wouldn't buy a book I can't read for any reason ...
"and therefore infringes the copyright owner's rights"
Really now? Well, okay, if the translation was kept up, you'd have 0 sales my way. Now that it was taken down, you'll still have 0 sales my way, since I can't read your product, however much I'd want to, or however much I'd pay for it.
I must therefore conclude your profits which were supposedly harmed by zzhk and B-T never existed to begin with, meaning you didn't have your rights infringed. Not to mention translations supposedly have their own IPR management, which was neglected during this takedown notice.
Also, I'm more worried that now that Shueisha made B-T retreat, they (and possibly other publishers) will just bombard the site with C&D notices. If they won't stand their ground, they'll need to give up on the site altogether if that happens ...

===================

Well, back to Campione. I wonder when the next volume will be coming out ... any info on it, like a title or something? I scouted the forums a bit, but didn't find anything at all. If we look at the release dates, we should be due a new volume right about now, but there's no info at all. Did zzhk mention something at all, and I'm just blind, or what?

Last edited by RpR1337; 2015-10-24 at 11:16.
Old 2015-10-24, 11:29   Link #11597
zzhk
Summary Machine

The December publication list doesn't include Campione, so Volume 19 definitely won't be released in 2015. So that means a single Campione volume for this calendar year, and a short story compilation to boot (though to be fair, roughly 2/3 of Volume 18 was new content).

Edit:
I know people are disappointed but you guys really need to get back on topic and discuss Campione itself rather than the state of translations.

Cut the irresponsible speculation on the authenticity of DMCAs and do some actual research. Do you really think website owners are that ignorant and gullible?

DMCA notices:
https://chillingeffects.org/notices/11335568
https://chillingeffects.org/notices/11335314

If you search further, you'll find that Shueisha has also been targeting the Campione anime's streaming and downloads for the past year or so.

So it means the publisher has been enforcing the rights to their intellectual property and it just so happens that the Campione novels got their turn.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Last edited by zzhk; 2015-10-24 at 20:05. Reason: Not going to waste any further posts on the issue.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 11:48   Link #11598
cadu_

Since it has never happened like this before,doesnt it sound suspicious? Is there any possibility of being fake? Was the authenticity of the email confirmed?
Old 2015-10-24, 11:49   Link #11599
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
The December publication list doesn't include Campione, so Volume 19 definitely won't be released in 2015. So that means a single Campione volume for this calendar year, and a short story compilation to boot (though to be fair, roughly 2/3 of Volume 18 was new content).
Ah, thanks for the reply. Will you be doing the series in the future btw, and if you will, where will we be able to read it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
Since it has never happened like this before,doesnt it sound suspicious? Is there any possibility of being fake? Was the authenticity of the email confirmed?
Dunno, suppose they looked into it. At least I hope I won't see the other option.

Last edited by RpR1337; 2015-10-24 at 12:00.
Old 2015-10-24, 12:47   Link #11600
haseo0408

Quote:
Ah, thanks for the reply. Will you be doing the series in the future btw, and if you will, where will we be able to read it?

Dunno, suppose they looked into it. At least I hope I won't see the other option.
I hope you continue the series somewhere else zzhk-san, Campione! is my favorite light npvel and I´ve been reading it for years so it would pain me greatly not being able to read the rest of the story.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem