Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-24, 23:25   Link #2221
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Not all humans are evil tho, some are good like Kouta for example. The anime shows how if everyone was like kouta helping and loving there would be peace.
Sadly that could never happen there will always be evil and hate.. Even in the world today True love is lowing everyday sadly.. Most are splitting up destroying there bondage of love for evil such as money.. If it were true love when u make a bondage with the one you love you treasure it and keep it for the rest of your life because its more important then anything esle...
That may be so but evil will always be balance by the good anyway. When the scale go off balance, a big sweep will wipe out all human race. This is the main message that is trying to be sent by Elfen Lied, we all must play our role to balance the evil side within ourselves and never be consumed by materials. Kouta light up the world of Lucy by providing his good to Lucy but Lucy surrendered to her evil self in the end and ended up being a serial killer.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 07:02   Link #2222
Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
That may be so but evil will always be balance by the good anyway. When the scale go off balance, a big sweep will wipe out all human race. This is the main message that is trying to be sent by Elfen Lied, we all must play our role to balance the evil side within ourselves and never be consumed by materials. Kouta light up the world of Lucy by providing his good to Lucy but Lucy surrendered to her evil self in the end and ended up being a serial killer.
True that is the main message of the anime.. how u could look at that is if World War 3 happened, then that would be the big wipe of the human race. So I fully agree what you said we must be good then evil to live happy.
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 06:38   Link #2223
Fate lover

Just watched Elfen Lied for the 13th time and I was wondering why did the female scientist hide the picture of Kouta away from the director general, she could've pass it to him and save herself. Why is the director general so worried about the person with the female scientist and didn't kill him even after he found out about Kouta? Lucy look very nice in her school uniform.....

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-26, 06:42   Link #2224
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Yes but they left room to make another season for Elfen Lied, for example where the head of the factory, where they kept lucy, at the end said that it was just the start...

there could be a season 2 made I personally believe. Plus how could u not watch more of Lucy
I fully concur with you there will be a season 2. We haven't even been introduced to the director general's daughter and a lot of other cool characters in Elfen Lied. It will be very insulting if they just left the anime halfway in the manga. I personally think that they should made a season 2 because it will definitely rise an uproar here....

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-26, 11:58   Link #2225
Roxasvsriku
★★★★★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
I fully concur with you there will be a season 2. We haven't even been introduced to the director general's daughter and a lot of other cool characters in Elfen Lied. It will be very insulting if they just left the anime halfway in the manga. I personally think that they should made a season 2 because it will definitely rise an uproar here....
Hmm... well I suppose they left enough insight for a possible second season, but not sure if there will actually be one. It came out in like what... 2003 or 2004? Yeah, I guess it could still be slightly possible.
Roxasvsriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 12:14   Link #2226
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxasvsriku View Post
Hmm... well I suppose they left enough insight for a possible second season, but not sure if there will actually be one. It came out in like what... 2003 or 2004? Yeah, I guess it could still be slightly possible.
It came out quite some time ago, so if they did have plans for a second season I think they would have made one by now. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Elfen Lied wasn't as popular over in Japan as it was in America.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:10   Link #2227
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
It came out quite some time ago, so if they did have plans for a second season I think they would have made one by now. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Elfen Lied wasn't as popular over in Japan as it was in America.
Relative to the potential viewing audience it was probably just as popular, if not more so, but it was aired on an adult satallite channel with a limited audience.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 17:25   Link #2228
Fate lover

In the manga, they say Lucy realized that she did something very wrong when she killed Kouta's father and little sister. Then why did she continue to kill all those people when she knew it would made Kouta sad and it was also the wrong thing to do? Why didn't the director general used the Mariko created by the chocolate guy? Do anyone know where to continue reading the manga after episode 81?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-27, 17:29   Link #2229
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

Like what PastPrime had mention, I think the authority limiting the viewing of the audience is indeed very irrational as although it can't be denied that Elfen Lied is a somewhat violent anime but it have hidden values inside it and it shows the wicked and ugly side of human beings. I strongly believe it should be aired internationally to remind youngster nowadays not to despise those who are a bit different from us as they, like us also have emotions. Just because they are a bit different doesn't mean that they are emotionless creature, right? Furthermore, Elfen Lied also display qualities like forgiveness and a caring heart can actually turn the world into a better place. Correct me if I am somewhat wrong and please forgive me for any misused language here.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 18:44   Link #2230
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I strongly believe it should be aired internationally to remind youngster nowadays not to despise those who are a bit different from us as they, like us also have emotions.
Youngsters....Elfen Lied...

Although I agree with most of your post, I don't think it's a suitable "movie" for children.

Just think of the exposed female body parts and gore (beheadings, separation of various ligaments, etc...).

While the morals of the story are good, the actual presentation of the plot is not really suitable for children.

Only if you want to strap a naughty child into a chair with tape holding their eyes open to watch Elfen Lied, then I guess it's a good way to knock some good old values into them.
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 20:05   Link #2231
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I can just picture the Ludovico technique being used on children forcing them to watch Elfen Lied. ha ha!

Anyways I don't think its quite the right show to send this message to children. I feel its to over the top, so to speak, for children.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:02   Link #2232
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Like what PastPrime had mention, I think the authority limiting the viewing of the audience is indeed very irrational as although it can't be denied that Elfen Lied is a somewhat violent anime but it have hidden values inside it and it shows the wicked and ugly side of human beings. I strongly believe it should be aired internationally to remind youngster nowadays not to despise those who are a bit different from us as they, like us also have emotions. Just because they are a bit different doesn't mean that they are emotionless creature, right? Furthermore, Elfen Lied also display qualities like forgiveness and a caring heart can actually turn the world into a better place. Correct me if I am somewhat wrong and please forgive me for any misused language here.
I must be honest, yes this serie have a great amount of values ident inside ( it is one of the too few serie than I own than I remember hearing the verb yurusu(forgive) not in negative. But,there is no way than Elfen Lied should be show to young people. The amound of violence and nudity (I dont think of all nudity as Fan service, as the nudity show at the lab feel more disturbing than aniting else) are enough to give to this show a Mature rating, and I don't even talk abou that scene in episode 5 ( I am glad they don't show more thant they did seeing that the first time made me feel nauseous)
Don't misinderstand me, ElfenLied is a very good show, one of the best on my book, but that is no was for everyone.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 20:17   Link #2233
Fate lover

Can anyone explain to me why did the female scientist hid the picture of Kouta away from the director general although she is working with him? Secondly, why did Lucy continue killing people although she know this would make Kouta sad? Lastly, why did Kouta let Lucy go to fight those SAT when he could've take her back to Maple Inn with her, that way, the SAT wouldn't be able to find them.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-28, 20:44   Link #2234
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

I agree that Elfen Lied is full of violence and nudity. But what I am trying to say here is to allow Elfen Lied to be shown in a channels which suites teenagers and not children. Of course I would go against Elfen Lied being shown to immature kids but if it were to be shown to teenagers, then the impact would not be that big. As we are well informed, as kids start to turn into teenagers, their hormone start to undergo changes and watching some nudity won't hurt at all, right? That's why I am saying they should allow it to be shown in channels which suite teenagers and adults but not to children.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 21:08   Link #2235
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Just so you guys know.... there is talk on other forums of a possible second series for elfen leid
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 22:41   Link #2236
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas1011 View Post
Just so you guys know.... there is talk on other forums of a possible second series for elfen leid
Theres a lot of talk like that, but its all speculation and rumors.
Old 2008-01-28, 23:25   Link #2237
Fate lover

Quote:
Really? That's so NICE!! What did they say about the release date of the second season, mine is around October.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-01-29, 03:53   Link #2238
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Anything specific.
Old 2008-01-29, 04:19   Link #2239
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Source please.. what forums? STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP~~
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 04:21   Link #2240
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Just the usual talk. There's always some talk of a second season. Nobody has any real reason for it, other than their own desire.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen