AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 04:37   Link #21
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Now that you mentioned it, was it Akiho spilling the beans on Naoyuki?

(I have the light novels. But, I have yet to seriously read through them. Bought them because of the OVA.)
Old 2009-04-04, 05:10   Link #22
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Tsunderes. People like that are just UNH UNH!
What do you mean by that? A tsundere type of girl is far from unacceptable, and it is quite cute instead. And yes I'm talking in real life.

I've met a few girls that would fall into that category (and have no idea what anime is). To be something like a tsundere you just don't have to be calling the guy you like a "stupid dog" all the time... Being indifferent, cold, not showing your feelings in the open would be the main caracteristics. And then when they are with the person they like alone, they open up showing their feelings and being more loving and tender.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 05:49   Link #23
hodil
Solve me...

heres my take...

Im kinda sure u can never want Higurashi in Real life..

Although there was this case when a girl murdered her dad using a cleaver.

But... i secretly wish that i will be outcasted by my friends.. suspecting everyone of them and killing them when they come over my house to do a project. AHAHAHAHA
Old 2009-04-04, 06:56   Link #24
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well i guess the op meant... something that IS acceptable in an anime but it's not acceptable in reality.

Now murdering people is not really acceptable in Higurashi, however it still baffles me how in Higurashi the fact that the whole village is ruled by Yakuza is seen as something completely normal and acceptable.
I mean like, "hello this is my friend Mion, she is a member of the local yakuza , and one day she'll become the boss around here, hope we will all be friends!"

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 07:07   Link #25
Nosauz

Cooking in tonkatsu in pot of oil that might me 2-3 volumes larger than your actual piece of meat. Everybody knows cooking tonkatsu like that leads to a heavy piece of heavily saturated oily meat. Plus the quick dip in temp will end causing your delicious entry to be soggy.

Also pretty much anything in GTO would never happen in real life, Onizuka would have been locked away for child endangerment a long time ago or indecent exposure to minors. Though with the lenience towards pedo teachers maybe onizuka could have skated by all the school antics but he would of at least got in trouble for the dine and dash.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 10:31   Link #26
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The fights in Ikki Tousen or Tenjho Tenge never seems to bother the police but in real life, these fights by those people will get themselves in deep trouble with the authorities where they face the entire prefecture's police force and maybe the SDF.

After that is all over, all the students who were involve will be sent to Jail for whatever mayhem and destruction they cause.
Old 2009-04-04, 11:33   Link #27
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

One of thing which is very common in anime but would be unacceptable in real life (and i am quite annoyed everytime i see it also) is how in big fight or during emergency situation, characters just start to waste times for useless unnecessary things.

Calls someone while face away from enemy. Have a group hug when the whole place is collapsing. Try to recall useless flashback and have useless power-up moment when your friend is in deep danger..... Those kinds of things degrade the whole anime by a level, no matter how good it was before then ....=(
Old 2009-04-04, 11:47   Link #28
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Anime tends to have lots of "let's portray an event first then discuss if it is wrong" scenarios. One thing that came to mind immediately when I looked at the title of this thread was Gunslinger Girl, and then maybe Koi Kaze. I believe we're talking mostly de facto and not de jure.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 13:08   Link #29
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Tsunderes. People like that are just UNH UNH!
I agree, tsunderes usually don't make the best first impression and are hard and rough on the outside, making themselves not very....endearing?
There just aren't many people who just brush that off and take your hand while smiling or something.

Oh yeah, let's not forget the emotional over-reactions and expressions the characters are able to make. It's just not possible to achieve Konata's bunny mouth without an operation or swing and kick someone in the face and not get sued.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:11   Link #30
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Errr i guess it comes from movies and the infamous line "officer i swear i didn't know she wasn't 18".
Anyway there do are countries in the U.S. that put 18 as the limit, and the others are still higher than japan which is 15.
Uhm isn't that because an adult isn't allowed to sleep with a minor by law? Like if a 15 and a 16 year old do it - fine, but if a 16 and 28 year old do it - it's abuse.
There are cases that are simply overlooked, like if a 17 year old is in a relationship with a 19 year old. At least it's like that where I live ^^ Thought it's similar in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You never see in an anime two friends kiss each other in the cheeks, you rarely see them hugging, unless it is a very dramatic scene or the character is blatantly abnormal.
My guess is, that that is japanese thing. In japanese culture touching is still not 'normal' in public. The first kiss is a rather important thing for them, too. That's why they'd never kiss others on the cheek, because that may count. Also drinking from the same glass could count as an indirect kiss <.< These things are often ridden on in anime.

Of course there's also another side ... my mother used to live in Japan for a while and the japanese in her stories are a little .. more open hearted - even by western standarts.
But I guess the japanese still are a little more reserved when it comes to body contact, even so it's relative.

One thing I always wondered about:
Why the hell are the kids always living alone and no one cares? Is it allowed for minors to live alone in japan?
I mean whenever they don't get alone with their family or if they are orphans, they simply live by themselves. Even without a guardian <.<
Not acceptable as far as I know.

The over annoying characters aren't often met in reality .. and when they are'nt popular XD I mean like that hyper girl from Azumanga Daioh, who loves to annoy everyone. Amusing in fiction, need to avoid in reality.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:42   Link #31
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Uhm isn't that because an adult isn't allowed to sleep with a minor by law? Like if a 15 and a 16 year old do it - fine, but if a 16 and 28 year old do it - it's abuse.
There are cases that are simply overlooked, like if a 17 year old is in a relationship with a 19 year old. At least it's like that where I live ^^ Thought it's similar in the US.

My guess is, that that is japanese thing. In japanese culture touching is still not 'normal' in public. The first kiss is a rather important thing for them, too. That's why they'd never kiss others on the cheek, because that may count. Also drinking from the same glass could count as an indirect kiss <.< These things are often ridden on in anime.

Of course there's also another side ... my mother used to live in Japan for a while and the japanese in her stories are a little .. more open hearted - even by western standarts.
But I guess the japanese still are a little more reserved when it comes to body contact, even so it's relative.
That's an even more complicate matter, but usually the "age of consent" has relevance to everyone. So there are countries where adults can have sex with 14 years old girls/boys. This doesn't mean that it is socially acceptable, it just mean that a person is not "automatically" considered on par with a rapist, while an adult that has sex with a boy or a girl whose age is lower of the age of consent is committing a crime.
Then apart from that there are usually "laws" that specify that for charging someone with this crime there must be a minimum age difference. This is particularly true in countries where the age of consent is set very close to age of majority. In Japan where the age of consent is 13 (actually it appears that each prefecture has its own laws about it, that's why before i said 15), this is a non issue, since an adult is automatically 7 year older.

As for the kiss on cheeks it is a cultural thing. In Japan kissing on the cheeks is something that only lovers do. This is different from hugging that, while usually being avoided, it is still acceptable from a friend.
Funny how in an anime girls can fondle their breats without passing for lesbians but they cannot kiss on each other cheeks.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 21:53   Link #32
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Lusting after your sister.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:21   Link #33
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

Having a hawt mum.
Yaoi_Daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:57   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Daisuki View Post
Having a hawt mum.
How is that.. not acceptable in real life? Or did you mean "hawt" to *you*?
Old 2009-04-05, 01:25   Link #35
LeoXiao
思想工作

Of course there are things that, acceptable in anime, aren't in real life. Like vigilante justice, for example.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:31   Link #36
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

being makoto itou
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 06:24   Link #37
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I agree, tsunderes usually don't make the best first impression and are hard and rough on the outside, making themselves not very....endearing?
There just aren't many people who just brush that off and take your hand while smiling or something.

Oh yeah, let's not forget the emotional over-reactions and expressions the characters are able to make. It's just not possible to achieve Konata's bunny mouth without an operation or swing and kick someone in the face and not get sued.
Well, it'd be insanely hard to classify someone as a tsundere in real life since real world laws are in order. Not to mention that you have several other labels that one could easily mix up with tsundere like: Bitch, Anti-Social, Ice Queen, Bipolar.

For certain problems: Attacking someone is will immediately result in punishment. Even something like a friendly shove could be seen as fighting. Public Sexual Indecency would also result in punishment. Whether it be groping, nudity, or acting like a whore, someone will get in trouble. There's a good chance both people will actually get in trouble when something like this happened.

Whenever it's school or in public, someone is going to notice.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 06:56   Link #38
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
being makoto itou
It may not be acceptable, but it's far more common in real life than in anime.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 07:05   Link #39
brocko

Apparently the term "baka" is a lot harsher in real life than it's made out to be in anime.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:04   Link #40
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

Smacking people with objects that in RL would cause serious life threatening injuries.
DeathZKID is offline   Reply With Quote