AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 19:20   Link #121
Random Wanderer

I win! Embermage has finished slaughtering her way through the endgame.

The ending felt like something of a slog to me, though, as I had already gotten all the new skills I could be interested in. For me one of the biggest appeals for this kind of game is getting newer, cooler, more powerful skills as I level up. I've already mentioned that the higher-level skills in this game tend to actually be noticibly weaker than their low-level counterparts, but once I've picked up any that even vaguely have use, there really seems like little else to do. Sure, I can keep putting points into them, but each increase is infinitesimal. By the time the endgame rolls around, I don't feel like I'm really accomplishing anything.

Well, whatever. Let's see what can be done with my other characters. I've still got two more days left until Dishonored comes out.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 00:21   Link #122
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I win! Embermage has finished slaughtering her way through the endgame...
And Ice Prison is such a fun skill, especially when used on those big bruisers.

Anyway, here're three more armor styles on show...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 03:35   Link #123
Snuffle
likes cute things

Does anyone else get the impression that 2H melee weapons are severely underpowered? (not to mention it puts you a high disadvantage defensively). I went through normal with my engineer and had some trouble keeping up with the damage with the person I play with (he's an outlander). So for NG+ I switch to 1H with a shield, use a mod that allows the use of a skill reset potion without being labeled a cheater and all of a sudden I'm killing things at a crazy pace!
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 18:41   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Does anyone else get the impression that 2H melee weapons are severely underpowered? (not to mention it puts you a high disadvantage defensively). I went through normal with my engineer and had some trouble keeping up with the damage with the person I play with (he's an outlander). So for NG+ I switch to 1H with a shield, use a mod that allows the use of a skill reset potion without being labeled a cheater and all of a sudden I'm killing things at a crazy pace!
I'm certainly getting that feeling. I tried to religiously stick to 2H and poor little thing is getting pummeled. Her sister, otoh, with shield and whacker is doing just fine.
Old 2012-10-17, 00:19   Link #125
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Next for the armor gallery, the Mail armor style.

Images
Old 2012-10-18, 22:36   Link #126
Firefly00

Got a couple more armor styles to show off.

Images

And a couple of action shots. The rotating pause-cam from the original game is an unfortunate casualty of the improvements to the graphical engine:

Images