AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-01, 11:21   Link #201
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

K-ON!!! Movie in 3D?

TAKE THAT AVATAR!! TAKE THAT CAMERON!! THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A "3D-ANIME!!"
Old 2010-11-01, 11:24   Link #202
Hayasa
Fairy Tail & K-ON! Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
K-ON!!! Movie in 3D?

TAKE THAT AVATAR!! TAKE THAT CAMERON!! THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A "3D-ANIME!!"
Yeaa! Azu-nyan in 3D= FTW
Old 2010-11-01, 12:24   Link #203
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Fuwa Fuwa Time and Pure Pure Heart in 3D.... righteous...

They could do what they did in the recent Hong Kong Film Su Chi Er (I REFUSE to call it by its retarded-down English title "True Legend") and have key emotional scenes like Concerts in 3D (where you pop the glasses on) and the rest in 2D (Su Chi Er had the fights in 3D for example), thereby taking the burden off the budget and the audience's eyes.
Old 2010-11-01, 20:48   Link #204
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I would hate to have it in 3D. I'd much rather KyoAni use their budget on something other than effects. Besides, K-ON in 3D would be really random.
Old 2010-11-01, 21:36   Link #205
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I would hate to have it in 3D. I'd much rather KyoAni use their budget on something other than effects. Besides, K-ON in 3D would be really random.
i say nay to the 3-D, i agree with blue
Old 2010-11-01, 21:47   Link #206
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
i say nay to the 3-D, i agree with blue
yup! Same with me... I've seen plenty of k-on fanvid in 3D... And somehow I always feel their moeness decrease... But, fanmade is fanmade... Dunno if it is KyoAni
Old 2010-11-02, 02:12   Link #207
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Is 3-D the official word, or are we speculating here?

I agree though, save up on the 3D, give us more songs!
Old 2010-11-02, 02:33   Link #208
Hayasa
Fairy Tail & K-ON! Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Is 3-D the official word, or are we speculating here?

I agree though, save up on the 3D, give us more songs!
Neh , it ain't official , just kidding around but yeah , save up!
Old 2010-11-04, 04:53   Link #209
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
3D would be pretty cool but I would rather them spend their money on the actual anime.
Please KyoAni, animate awesome finger fretting/picking action, YuiAzuMio style!
Old 2010-11-04, 07:13   Link #210
Taufiq91

3D or not, as long as the K-On movie doesn't follow the plot of the "Requiem 5 a dream" doujinshis then i'm all happy.

I really, really don't want K-On to go for the 'Skins/Degrassi" route. Seriously, what sick asshole at Comiket thinks that Slice of Life characters deserve drug-related rape death and then sell it off as doujinshis?
Old 2010-11-04, 08:50   Link #211
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
3D or not, as long as the K-On movie doesn't follow the plot of the "Requiem 5 a dream" doujinshis then i'm all happy.

I really, really don't want K-On to go for the 'Skins/Degrassi" route. Seriously, what sick asshole at Comiket thinks that Slice of Life characters deserve drug-related rape death and then sell it off as doujinshis?
The probability of them doing a movie based on a doujinshi is approximately zero. Less than zero for that particular work, as the fanbase would burning down Kyoto Animation's studios within hours of such a movie coming out.
Old 2010-11-04, 09:18   Link #212
Ferny
:D

I'm kinda hoping for something that tells about their first year of college, with more slice-of-life drama. Not too extreme; nothing like Reqiuem 5 A Dream, but... you know, just average drama. Maybe one of them gets a boyfriend and has some minor relationship problems, or something similar happens, and they start to split up as a band (assuming they'll all be in the same college and still performing together). And then they get an opportunity to perform at Budokan, but they're all in a fight with each other, and they don't even want to cooperate anymore. So then the movie could end with them talking it out and becoming friends again, and they have the most amazing performance ever at Budokan!

...Or at least, that's how I'm hoping it will go~
Old 2010-11-05, 13:11   Link #213
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
I'm kinda hoping for something that tells about their first year of college, with more slice-of-life drama. Not too extreme; nothing like Reqiuem 5 A Dream, but... you know, just average drama. Maybe one of them gets a boyfriend and has some minor relationship problems, or something similar happens, and they start to split up as a band (assuming they'll all be in the same college and still performing together). And then they get an opportunity to perform at Budokan, but they're all in a fight with each other, and they don't even want to cooperate anymore. So then the movie could end with them talking it out and becoming friends again, and they have the most amazing performance ever at Budokan!

...Or at least, that's how I'm hoping it will go~
I would rather see that in the third season. But whether or not there will be one, it's up to Kyoani.
Old 2010-11-05, 14:05   Link #214
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
But whether or not there will be one, it's up to Kyoani.
Why would there be a third season? The movie can serve as a sort of grand scale epilogue, but the story ends the same way it began - with the club seeking out new members, the torch being passed to the next generation and bonds being formed. Plus with the source material itself over, an end has been reached.

It's hard to let go, yes, but stories do eventually have to end.
Old 2010-11-05, 14:51   Link #215
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Why would there be a third season? The movie can serve as a sort of grand scale epilogue, but the story ends the same way it began - with the club seeking out new members, the torch being passed to the next generation and bonds being formed. Plus with the source material itself over, an end has been reached.

It's hard to let go, yes, but stories do eventually have to end.
Agreed. K-On has reached its natural end, and I'd rather remember it as a great series than see it get dragged out past its expiration date for the sake of $$$. A one-off in the form of a movie is fine and I'm looking forward to it, but another series would be pushing it.
Old 2010-11-05, 15:04   Link #216
Midonin
Last Engage

Plus, KyoAni has Nichijou coming up, so if anyone's looking to have their well animated quirky school life comedy niche filled, there's something already in the works.
Old 2010-11-06, 09:42   Link #217
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
There's really no way this will be (or should be) in 3D, but if they were to go that route I'm not sure it would really impact the budget all that much. This is animation, after all, it's not as if they'll have to invest in expensive 3D cameras and whatnot.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-06 at 20:50. Reason: Please don't post about rep. Thank you.
Old 2010-11-06, 10:31   Link #218
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Agreed. K-On has reached its natural end, and I'd rather remember it as a great series than see it get dragged out past its expiration date for the sake of $$$. A one-off in the form of a movie is fine and I'm looking forward to it, but another series would be pushing it.
Yeah, at this point a movie is probably the best way for K-ON to go out. I would hate to see K-ON go down the path of the shounen big three and become a seemingly endless show with over hundreds of episodes. Of course, even with a third season K-ON wouldn't come close to having a hundred episodes, but you get the idea.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-06 at 20:50. Reason: Please don't post about rep. Thank you.
Old 2010-11-06, 13:31   Link #219
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

In the end, it doesn't really matter if it's in 3D or not...but if KyoAni sacrifices quality for other things - that's when I'll be disappointed. Of course, KyoAni has been good to me so far.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-06 at 20:51. Reason: Please don't post about rep. Thank you.
Old 2010-11-06, 14:21   Link #220
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
Yeah, at this point a movie is probably the best way for K-ON to go out. I would hate to see K-ON go down the path of the shounen big three and become a seemingly endless show with over hundreds of episodes. Of course, even with a third season K-ON wouldn't come close to having a hundred episodes, but you get the idea.
Yeah. Doing another season at this point would make it feel like it was tacked on and not "really" a part of K-On, IMO. I say, let the movie be it and go out with a blast!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-06 at 20:51. Reason: Please don't post about rep. Thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life