AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-08, 17:32   Link #5801
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

I have to admit, FMP is loved all over the world, and i had the pleasure of seeing a fumoffu episode or two in spanish and italien XD (yes am hispanic)

I must say, they gave QUIET a manly voice for Sousuke...he really sounds like he can take on a military regime with his voice alone...

-swoons-
Old 2010-09-08, 21:06   Link #5802
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
I have to admit, FMP is loved all over the world, and i had the pleasure of seeing a fumoffu episode or two in spanish and italien XD (yes am hispanic)

I must say, they gave QUIET a manly voice for Sousuke...he really sounds like he can take on a military regime with his voice alone...

-swoons-

I would've NEVER imagine your hispanic too!!!

I also got to see Fumoffu in latinamerican spanish, though I laugh much more in japanese lol

though I never saw Full Metall Panic or Second Raid here... it's probably the reason why almost no one knows about the true epicness of this series U.U *sigh*

Lucky Star helped a little though, with getting it more known...at least over here (but just a bit) (in another story...everytime I hear Konata's "Sore ga Ai Desho" I can't help but laugh and try to imitate her n.nU)
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 02:09   Link #5803
sy tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
I would've NEVER imagine your hispanic too!!!

I also got to see Fumoffu in latinamerican spanish, though I laugh much more in japanese lol

though I never saw Full Metall Panic or Second Raid here... it's probably the reason why almost no one knows about the true epicness of this series U.U *sigh*

Lucky Star helped a little though, with getting it more known...at least over here (but just a bit) (in another story...everytime I hear Konata's "Sore ga Ai Desho" I can't help but laugh and try to imitate her n.nU)
FMP is epic, i wonder why some people didn't know much about this EPICness novel/anime??

Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic!Fumoffu was also aired here in the Philippines..That was 2005, the same year it was released in Japan, i think...

gahh, no TSR here yet..
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 08:56   Link #5804
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy tao View Post
FMP is epic, i wonder why some people didn't know much about this EPICness novel/anime??

Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic!Fumoffu was also aired here in the Philippines..That was 2005, the same year it was released in Japan, i think...

gahh, no TSR here yet..

It's so sad that among all the people I personally know, there are only 3 who like the FMP anime, and from those 3, only one is interested to read the novels and know the real ending. -__-" Thank God I have you guys..
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 09:21   Link #5805
HuNGaricum

HEre in Hungary we only got Fumoffu and FMP i Watched the TSR with original voice and english sub, even though we have hun sub for it and we cant have manga or light novels because we only got anime chanel since 2003 i think and only from 8pm so we dont have the "animeculture" that YOU have. Thank God I can read in english very well and i can read this light novels...
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 09:41   Link #5806
psicomenace

Here in México is so hard find anyone really interested in FMP, if you found someone, they only likes fumoffu, almost nobody read the novels in spanish, much less in English, much less in Japanese,
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 20:44   Link #5807
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Can anyone translate this? Apparently it is incredibly funny but i dont get it....
Its Alto and Sousuke from ACE:R game..
Old 2010-09-09, 23:38   Link #5808
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post

Can anyone translate this? Apparently it is incredibly funny but i dont get it....
Its Alto and Sousuke from ACE:R game..
It says " Alto... you are beautiful."

Wait, whut ?
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 02:15   Link #5809
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
It says " Alto... you are beautiful."

Wait, whut ?

Alto? as in Alto of macross frontier?
Old 2010-09-10, 05:20   Link #5810
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
Alto? as in Alto of macross frontier?
Dunno, never seen that chara before. But it's quite disturbing to see Sousuke use a word like "utsukushii/beautiful" to describe him
Old 2010-09-10, 06:34   Link #5811
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Dunno, never seen that chara before. But it's quite disturbing to see Sousuke use a word like "utsukushii/beautiful" to describe him

Alto Saotome (早乙女 アルト (novel:早乙女 有人), Saotome Aruto?)
Voiced by: Yuichi Nakamura
A high school student in the Mihoshi Academy Pilot Training course. As a result of his fine features and long hair he is often mistaken for a girl at first glance, even receiving the nickname 'Hime' (Princess).

That's from wiki. Could it be because of that? But yeah it's still, uh, strange. Kaname needed to pull that word out of Sousuke's mouth.
Old 2010-09-10, 07:11   Link #5812
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
Alto Saotome (早乙女 アルト (novel:早乙女 有人), Saotome Aruto?)
Voiced by: Yuichi Nakamura
A high school student in the Mihoshi Academy Pilot Training course. As a result of his fine features and long hair he is often mistaken for a girl at first glance, even receiving the nickname 'Hime' (Princess).

That's from wiki. Could it be because of that? But yeah it's still, uh, strange. Kaname needed to pull that word out of Sousuke's mouth.
Well, it does look like the lad's got flowing, long blue-ish hair to boot. And an earring, at some point. But still.
Selily Chidori, could you explain the whole situation that lead to this? Knowing Sousuke, it's gotta be some misunderstanding ;D . That might be what I like best about Sousuke, the way he manages to squeeze himself right into every single worst-case scenario he can create.
(My favourite will forever remain the one with Kaname and the pregnancy test, @ the beginning of Maigo no Old Dog)
Old 2010-09-10, 11:45   Link #5813
Tullaris

Hi everyone, I have a little request.
I sometime ago postponed reading FMP novels, since there seamed to be no translations after BOMF Chp3a.
Now I see that later volumes are translated (God bless shutazen and Mister V), but I just don't know if I can find Chp3b anywhere :/...
should I just skip 3b and start with 3c?
Tullaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 12:03   Link #5814
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Ravyn_09 did translate it but instead of making a .pdf, the contents were just posted on his/her(?) blog.
I sent you a PM for the link.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:04   Link #5815
Kaoru842

yes, the pregnancy test was hilarious! Kaname was so embarrassed! i don;t remember where I read it though

Last edited by Kaoru842; 2010-09-10 at 12:17.
Kaoru842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 12:08   Link #5816
FeistyDreams

Whenever my copy of the game comes in (srsly, at this point, I think it's lost, but they want me to wait until September 20th, nevermind that someone who lives half an hour from me got their copy a week ago, so the customs excuse is BS x.x;;), I plan on pointing my netbook's crappy li'l webcam at it and recording the FMP storyline while I play, just so I can look at the story at any time rather than keeping my kanji dictionary next to me while playing. (Don't mind the inevitable swearing during gameplay... XD)
Old 2010-09-10, 12:28   Link #5817
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru842 View Post
yes, the pregnancy test was hilarious! Kaname was so embarrassed! i don;t remember where I read it though
Yeah Best part ?
cashier lady " Youd better take your responsibilities, young man!"
Sousuke : *oblivious, trying to see who's tailing them*
Kaname : *melts into a puddle of shame*

and

Kaname : "I'm so ashamed!"
Sousuke : "Why ?"
Kaname : "Well, if we buy something like this, that mean that we...."
Sousuke : "That we what ?"
Kaname : "Well, you know, that you and I..."
Sousuke : "You and I ?"
Kaname : "Well, that we're... you know... doing *it*..."
Sousuke : "*It* ? I don't understand. Could you explain further ? What are we supposed to do, you and I ?"
Kaname : " I can't say something like that aloud !"
Sousuke : "This is most troublesome. Explain better."
Kaname : "..."
Sousuke :"Why is your face so red ?"

*WHACK*

Is there a list of the short stories that have been translated ? I was thinking of (maybe, if I can find time, and GET MY ARSE IN GEAR) trying my hand @ translating a couple of them (Yeah Mr V, this is all your fault for being cool 'n stuff and giving crazy crazy ideas to lazy translators)

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-10 at 12:41.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:34   Link #5818
FeistyDreams

The only ones I know have been translated were the ones done by MisterV, and Cinderella Panic and Mato Hazure no Emotion by boku-tachi awhile back. My friend is currently translating Jikankire no Romance and is almost done, so I wouldn't do that one either. Other than that... Well, there's very many that need to be done. ^^
Old 2010-09-10, 12:47   Link #5819
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
The only ones I know have been translated were the ones done by MisterV, and Cinderella Panic and Mato Hazure no Emotion by boku-tachi awhile back. My friend is currently translating Jikankire no Romance and is almost done, so I wouldn't do that one either. Other than that... Well, there's very many that need to be done. ^^
Hey thanks !
I might work on Maigo no old dog, because I'm seriously pissing myself everytime I read it. But there are still some parts I don't understand well, so, hey, kanji dictionnary ;D
Migatte na Blues and Kagemusha no showbizz are nice too. Oh, and the one where Hayashimizu is sick *drools*.
Yeah. Well. One can dream.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:04   Link #5820
FeistyDreams

Ahahahah, all of those are wonderful~~ I lovelovelove Kagemusha no Showbiz (WHY DOES SOUSUKE FAIL LESS THAN KOUSUKE!?!? XDDD!!!) and Miiratori no Drunker...!! Bakuha~ bakuha~! What's not to love about Kaname kissing Sousuke on the nose as she holds his grenades hostage!?!?!?!?

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen