AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 08:26   Link #3081
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I see they are thinking about a film project? Hope its a sequel and not just the series shortened into three movies.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 16:11   Link #3082
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
That's very interesting - seems like they are realizing that wars and stuff just aren't something that kids these days are into or care about...

That might mean changes going forward - perhaps something more like G Gundam to appeal to kids.

Its clear that the franchise just isn't reaching the younger generation these days if they still have to rely on 30- to 40-year olds for their model sales... They've been riding that same group of 80's to 90's Gundam fans since the beginning and nothing's changed.
Old 2012-04-14, 16:21   Link #3083
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Looks like that model of a younger G-Gundam might to better, so they'll get to the other diff as they grow older. Any case, good article.
Old 2012-04-14, 16:26   Link #3084
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 16:40   Link #3085
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
That's part of the problem I guess, AGE isn't kiddy enough for the audience they're going for.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:27   Link #3086
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
I kind of doubt that they will be able to cancel Gundam Age like they can cancel Gundam X.

Gundam is a important franchise because it is a cash cow thanks to the models and games, so it isn't easily cancelled like with American shows.

At best the next Gundam show will have a more traditional concept and the short arcs will not be done in the future because it hurts the show to much. Gundam is about two things messed up politics and mobile suit battles, having a story reset every 15+ episodes results in less awsome battles since they have to build up the story again (introduce rival and characters) in a good pace.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 18:50   Link #3087
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

That guy pretty much red my mind, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Earth Federation in AGE are a bunch of corrupt dicks.

this made me realize that the Earth Federation in Gundam AGE is one of the most corrupt incarnations of the said faction. In the second episode, we witness that Diva's supposed captain is planning on abandoning the residence of the Colony Nora but because of Grodek's actions, he was able to prevent it. Another act were we can see how corrupted the Feds are during Grodek's trial. Instead of letting Grodek have the honor in being the first captain who crippled the U.E.'s major forces in a mission later named, "Extermination of the Bat" but nope, they arrest Grodek and let one Earth Federation captain have the honor.
Old 2012-04-14, 18:55   Link #3088
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
Please don't cancel AGE
If you ask me, its already dead obvious they cut the total eps.
Wouldn't surprise me if the show end this season at eps 36/37 a la X. I have suspicion a certain title that gonna air in summer gonna take over the nichigo slot.
Old 2012-04-14, 18:56   Link #3089
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That's very interesting - seems like they are realizing that wars and stuff just aren't something that kids these days are into or care about...
Were wars and stuff ever something that kids are into or care about? I thought most Gunpla sales have always come from the teens and older crowds anyway, don't they?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 19:03   Link #3090
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
If you ask me, its already dead obvious they cut the total eps.
Wouldn't surprise me if the show end this season at eps 36/37 a la X. I have suspicion a certain title that gonna air in summer gonna take over the nichigo slot.
We never got a clear description as to how man episodes there are. So no one can tell if some where cut out.
Old 2012-04-14, 20:06   Link #3091
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
We never got a clear description as to how man episodes there are. So no one can tell if some where cut out.
Seeing as how each generation has 15 episodes a piece I say AGE is going to end on episode 45 unless they decide to make Kio's 20 episodes long.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 20:48   Link #3092
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well yea if whole 3rd time be charm for 3rd gen i think still big mistake make 3 different stories into one whole series.

yea also being PG-gundam, lack of character using, etc indeed it like on being soon to be "future endeavors".
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 21:15   Link #3093
bio9205
Reborn

I remember reading somewhere AGE was supposed to have 50 episodes, right? But given how they cut the second arc to just 13 episodes, I'm starting to think they might be cutting AGE. Which is a pity, really. The first arc was boring and disappointing, but I've really grown to love the second arc. I was a little bummed to find out it was only to have 13 episodes, but what can you do. Going by the 50 episodes thing, the third arc should have 22 episodes, unless Bandai decides to cut it. Hopefully the third arc brings some promise.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 21:28   Link #3094
monster

Maybe they wanted to have a longer time to do the third arc. Being the final arc, it should be the most important one to get right.
Old 2012-04-14, 21:33   Link #3095
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Seeing as how each generation has 15 episodes a piece I say AGE is going to end on episode 45 unless they decide to make Kio's 20 episodes long.
I recall seeing statements like that being made at 4chan. Not sure if there was source or not.
Old 2012-04-14, 21:41   Link #3096
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Were wars and stuff ever something that kids are into or care about? I thought most Gunpla sales have always come from the teens and older crowds anyway, don't they?
Not really. Gundam models were always targeted at kids first and foremost. They were considered toys after all. The problem is many of those kids grew up and now you have a largely adult audience for them.

And if you look at the audience breakdown for MSG - the majority of the audience fell under the under-12 demographic. So evidently they did use to care about wars and stuff.
Old 2012-04-14, 22:00   Link #3097
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Not really. Gundam models were always targeted at kids first and foremost. They were considered toys after all. The problem is many of those kids grew up and now you have a largely adult audience for them.
Fair enough
Quote:
And if you look at the audience breakdown for MSG - the majority of the audience fell under the under-12 demographic. So evidently they did use to care about wars and stuff.

That list also showed that Victory had the best breakdown for kids.
I'm throwing my hands up and giving up at trying to understand what kids want.
Old 2012-04-14, 22:41   Link #3098
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Fair enough

That list also showed that Victory had the best breakdown for kids.
I'm throwing my hands up and giving up at trying to understand what kids want.
The Victory ratings are incomplete since only the highest rated episodes had data for them, so the actual numbers are most likely lower. But yes, Victory was watched by kids - in fact, there was a poll taken years ago of Japanese Gundam fans who started watching in the 90's and the majority of them's first Gundam series was Victory back when they were kids. It wasn't exactly a hit show but it did its job in bringing in a new audience of Gundam fans.
Old 2012-04-14, 22:48   Link #3099
monster

So, would you say that AGE is falling under the stigma that Gundam should be targeted for kids, and therefore, anything that doesn't attract kids is a failure? (Not that AGE is attracting any other audience it seems.)

Can't Bandai/Sunrise try to target new teen/adult audience or is the Gundam models = toys = kids idea just firmly embedded into the Japanese mind?
Old 2012-04-14, 23:11   Link #3100
casval cehack

I believe the decision to delay the introduction of the 2nd lead suit by a month in-story also had a great effect on the ratings. Probably why they're debuting Age-3 on the very first episode of the 3rd chapter.