AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 12:40   Link #3161
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverzer0 View Post
Yesterday i'm done with Crisis Core FF7(PSP), Now playing Street Fighter X Tekken(PC). Tomorrow will be God Eater Burst(PSP) and for the future will be Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City",
Hate to put your hope up BUT Resident evil ORC, FREAKING SUCk, not only it bloody broken the game. it 4 hrs long, and the community online is weak (Not a lot of people)

if you havent open it yet, return it to get another game
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 16:15   Link #3162
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Pre-loading Max Payne 3 on Steam. (Unlocking in approximately 7 hours as of writing)
I kinda wished Rockstar released this pre-load earlier, this game is the largest game I've downloaded, clocking in at 29GB (and the requirements ask for 35GB of HDD space)! Alot of people probably don't have a fast/stable internet connection, so they might be annoyed at that.

Alas, I eagerly anticipate how this will hold up to Remedy's Max Payne 1 & 2. The character, Alan Wake himself seems to be heavily inspired from Max Payne, since Remedy sold the rights to Max Payne to Take-Two, who own Rockstar Games.
Old 2012-05-31, 23:08   Link #3163
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Hate to put your hope up BUT Resident evil ORC, FREAKING SUCk, not only it bloody broken the game. it 4 hrs long, and the community online is weak (Not a lot of people)

if you havent open it yet, return it to get another game
yes i knew this before from capcom unity gamers(respected thoughts) but for ME i like the way it goes just like r.e5 gameplay. it has different styles, new ideas, not consistent and etc..
Old 2012-06-01, 07:24   Link #3164
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Atelier Meruru on PS3
Nation Red on PC

I am trying to get back onto Sword Girl Online.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 20:41   Link #3165
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Got myself a working emulator complete with a authetic USB interfaced controller to relive one of the most underrated game :-

Still as good despite the dated graphics. Kudos who played and recalled this title despite the limited original pressings.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 00:53   Link #3166
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Finished Resistance 2, I'm thinking of playing Resident Evil 2 or Megaman 8 on the PS One emulator again.
Old 2012-06-02, 05:30   Link #3167
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Picked up my game of Resonance of Fate.

I WILL finish this game and get my platinum trophy...

Godly game too btw.

Then when I finish I best finish FFXIII and start FFXIII-2!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 06:09   Link #3168
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Picked up my game of Resonance of Fate.

I WILL finish this game and get my platinum trophy...
That game is quite fun when I played. though sometime battle takes forever to finish. But it might just be me because I love keeping the enemy in the air forever. Like the customization the clothes.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:22   Link #3169
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I have discovered the Humble Indie Bundle! A collection of indie gems - Bastion, Limbo, Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Psychonauts, Amnesia - for whatever price you set it to be/$7.81 to unlock Bastion/$1 for others. Part of it goes to charity/Parts to developer. You can set the portions too. While it cost only $~8 to get full collection, I decided to spend quite bit more cause I can afford it. If only there was a thread about this-- It seems that this forum doesn't enjoy indies that much.

Currently I am playing Limbo. I already finished Amnesia and Bastion previously....

Edit: Oh it comes with soundtrack too...
Old 2012-06-02, 13:21   Link #3170
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I have discovered the Humble Indie Bundle! A collection of indie gems - Bastion, Limbo, Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Psychonauts, Amnesia - for whatever price you set it to be/$7.81 to unlock Bastion/$1 for others. Part of it goes to charity/Parts to developer. You can set the portions too. While it cost only $~8 to get full collection, I decided to spend quite bit more cause I can afford it. If only there was a thread about this-- It seems that this forum doesn't enjoy indies that much.

Currently I am playing Limbo. I already finished Amnesia and Bastion previously....

EVERYONE needs to enjoy Psychonauts at least once in their lives.

As for me, I've been going through Banjo Kazooie again, and then my roomie came back from Arizona yesterday with Castlevania II: Simon's Quest just to torture me. It's finicky, but I do like this game.
Old 2012-06-02, 17:44   Link #3171
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

I already bought and played through Bastion, Limbo and Psychonauts and I still bought the game just to get DRM-Free multi-platform copies of all of them. Great games every single one of them!
Old 2012-06-02, 19:35   Link #3172
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

As for me, I've been going through Banjo Kazooie again, and then my roomie came back from Arizona yesterday with Castlevania II: Simon's Quest just to torture me. It's finicky, but I do like this game.
about Castlevania 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aip2aIt0ROM
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 19:47   Link #3173
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
Seen it. abouttenmilliontimes

I was expecting the Nerd review, actually. xD

I don't really hate it like everyone does though. It's just not great.

Also, playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town again. Love this game.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-06-03 at 16:38.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 00:43   Link #3174
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Took a short break from the PS3 and played "Shining Hearts" on the PSP. The anime series starting up made me go back to it. I've seen Lorna, Melty, and Shaomei's endings and...well, those were my priorities.LOL I'll take my time with the other characters.

As far as my PS3 games go...

Tales of Vesperia:
I am now a 100 hours into it and...still havent cleared it. Unfortunately I initiated the Fel Arms event so now I have to fight the powerful 3rd form of the boss and...I've got my @$$ kicked twice. orz. So I exited the dungeon and went around doing side quests and leveling up. Spent about 5 hours just trying to finish the Dog Map side quest...dont know why I was so obsessed with it but I guess when I had 90% of the map done then I just had to finish it.

Leveling up became MUCH easier when I discovered that one of the effects of Patty's random effect arte "Critical Moment" included 10x EXP. Went to the colosieum and gained like 20 levels through the party battles and then went onto the 100 enemy challenge with my leveled up characters...which wasnt a challenge at this point.(except for Raven and Estelle...I had a bit of trouble with them)

Though I must admit, a game that I've put 100 hours into and still got plenty more to do is a game that was well worth importing at the full retail price. LOL

Looking forward to my second playthrough.

Hyper Dimension Neptune:
I just want to get this game over with and off my plate. Only reason I got this one was because I wanted to play "Neptune Mk.II". Its starting to get really tedious. I was really pissed off when I went online to discover the "Share" system that isnt explained in the game nor the instruction guide...I was stuck on Lastation for quite some time til I learned that I HAD to move onto another area. orz Not to mention not being able to use Gust-chan and Nippon Ichi-chan...why'd they even put them into the story and your party if you actually cant use them in the battle without the DLC?!?! GRRGH

Quote:

Mostly sample of stuff before ETRIAN ODYSSEY 4 releasing on July 05. I wish I could preorder but I can't. I keep throwing money at the screen but the game just won't come out faster!Oh god, can't contain the excitement. <3 Etrian Odyssey series.
Have you given the "7th Dragon" series a try then? Its fairly similar, just no need to make maps. So unless map making was part of your joy then you may enjoy it.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2012-06-04 at 01:11.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:17   Link #3175
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Have you given the "7th Dragon" series a try then? Its fairly similar, just no need to make maps. So unless map making was part of your joy then you may enjoy it.
I heard of it but never given it a try. I will go ahead and grab myself a copy.

Thanks! Would have repped you ten more times if I could.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:04   Link #3176
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Well let me note that they're only available in JP as far as I know.

Also the first one is on the DS while the second one, "7th Dragon 2020" is for the PSP. Storywise 2020 is actually a prequel to the DS title.

The DS one is actually quite challenging and somewhat of a pain when it comes to traveling on the world map. The major thing that comes up after the first part of the game is the "Flowr", poisonous flowers that cover the field that drains your HP when you step over them. And the World Map and Dungeons are FILLED with them. (part of the objective is to clear them from each area by defeating the bosses)

The second objective is to hunt down all the Dragons. There are about...600 or so of them? Though you only need to kill about 300 to complete the story. Many appear on the field, basically like the FOE in the Etrian Odyssey games.

The main part of the game is pretty straight forward. The bonus dungeon on the other hand is QUITE challenging. I've yet to even finish itand my characters are at Lvl.80 with the best equipment possible at that point. orz. The normal encounter enemies are powered up versions of the FOE-ish Dragons so...yeah. To think, all the boss class dragons come back even stronger too...orz

7th Dragon 2020 on the other hand is MUCH easier. I'm only having trouble defeating the final boss of the bonus dungeon in this one.

The cool part about 2020 is that you can choose your characters appearances from 10 styles(the DS version has 4character appearances for each class, just like Etrian Odyssey) and about 30+ VA voices. Its a pretty gorgeous cast. Though its just battle voices so, its not like they talk during the story. orz

Hope that info helps you in your decision. Oh btw, the DS version is under "SEGA'S the BEST" collection so you "should" be able to find it fairly cheap if you look for it.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:04   Link #3177
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Currently only playing osu!

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 14:36   Link #3178
P99

Almost done with Resistance: Fall of Man on PS3. Awesome game and a lot of fun to play
Old 2012-06-05, 20:08   Link #3179
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its summer break now so I could finally spend some time on Super Robot Wars Z2 Saisei Hen, more Skyrim and Minecraft every now and then.

Probably going to play a few more games I had no time for the past year.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 21:08   Link #3180
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

Aw, I kinda wish I had an N64 to play Banjo Kazooie. From the brief time that I have played the first two Banjo Kazooie games, I had a real blast of a time. If I had the chance, I'd play Conker's Bad Fur Day as well, and it's a shame that Rare is pretty much a dead company walking now.
Not much time to game, still gotta finish Max Payne 2 and start a proper Max Payne 3 playthrough.
...and despite already owning Amnesia and Bastion, I caved in and bought the Humble Indie Bundle V.