AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 09:27   Link #421
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This is an interesting effect that seems to be many viewers' experience, mine included. Once again I thought "Mid-way endcatch already?" and the ep was actually over.
Indeed. Unlike the 2nd episode, which just felt extremely short, by the time episode 3 came to an end, I was absolutely positive that it was only the mid-way point. So much so that I couldn't believe the episode was actually over.

I haven't felt enthralled by something like so in who knows how long..

I love the main cast's adult designs. Maria looks stunning as an adult.

I find the lack of an OP.. unsettling. In my experience anime that don't show their OP in the first few episodes means that the OP contains spoilers, and there has to be some sort of twist before it can be shown.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 10:36   Link #422
whitecloud

you know... i got this feeling that our cast will get kinda separated into 2 separate faction, two belief...if you see the picture there are some that look the other way...

either that indicate complete separation or different belief about thing that happened, what need to be done and which side will they be...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:54   Link #423
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the new wildlife was the result of "old world" genetic engineering. The false minoshiro has an obvious use as a data storage device, the blowdog could have been designed for use as a weapon... you get the idea.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 12:11   Link #424
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, a bunch of posts are being removed from this thread. If you want to compare how various adaptations compare to the original novel, please discuss it in the novel thread, not in this anime thread, where it is not allowed.
Old 2012-10-14, 15:47   Link #425
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

GA DANG, things just got real. Can't wait to watch what seems like a nice history lesson about what went down those many years back.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:14   Link #426
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu.

The cast is doing well, and there are some "names" among them: Hanazawa Kana, Kaji Yuuki, Hirata Hiroaki, Endou Aya (the narrator), Itou Miki (Saya's mom), Namikawa Daisuke. But there are a lot of unknowns in major roles, too.

Only a couple of seiyuus are playing their characters at both ages (said to be 12 and 14). Those are Kana-chan (Maria) and our apparent star, Taneda Risa (Saki). Shun at 12 is played by a woman, Toudou Mai, but at 14 by a young man who appears to be around 14 himself, Murase Ayumu.

I've included a couple of characters who haven't appeared yet, and could be considered spoilers (although it's pretty clear characters like them are about to appear). Anyway, don't click through if you are extremely spoiler-phobic. Otherwise, it's no problem. I didn't feel they spoiled me at all, personally.

I got some of my info from Japanese Wikipedia, however, and had to look lightly to avoid seeing outlines of the full plot, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 19:02   Link #427
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Having watched the second episode this show is quickly growing on me and not only about the characters but also the stories and mythos unraveled within its plot.

Likely, people will tell me I'm reading too much on what's happening or the events may be simple or complicated, however, what's clear to me, at least from my POV, is that the Nekodamashii does not attack at random. In fact, I suspect that the school's education system maintains a sort of status-quo involving the upbringing of the children at how they are taught to properly manage their powers.

Conscientiously, I identified what may trigger a child getting spirited away:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 10:15   Link #428
arkxkra
全力全開

every episode also can't get enough, just like a blink of eyes then it is finish.
Old 2012-10-15, 10:25   Link #429
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
You know, putting the juicy spoiler in the thread and asking "don't open it" isn't really the best way to make people not get spoiled. Why are you even posting that?

The whole scene was done by Jun Arai, and the reception was pretty mixed in sakuga dedicated places (at least in english). There was even a moment when the guy closed his twitter claiming that "everyone is a hypocrite in twitter!" because apparently some people from the industry badmouthed his shading style. It was pretty fun to see it unfold

I wonder what will be the big events that trigger not only one, but two timeskips during the show. It seems like we're in for some nice twists, here's hoping they're not underwhelming and actually deserve the build up we're getting.

Yeah Jun arai, Arasan , a lot of people on 4chan seems making fun of him for his style lol

And his twitter is back from ashes lol

I always thought jun arai was a girl .
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:50   Link #430
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmm I just noticed that the episodes of this show are about 2 minutes shorter than the average anime episode. Wonder what's up with that.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 16:04   Link #431
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Hmmm I just noticed that the episodes of this show are about 2 minutes shorter than the average anime episode. Wonder what's up with that.
That's because there is no opening. Why's that? Beats me.
Old 2012-10-15, 16:22   Link #432
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
It's cool if there is no opening...
Hope they'll keep that way

It would be fun to see anime with opening like us tv shows (last resort, lost etc)
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 16:25   Link #433
MartianMage

Just dropping to by say that I'm also watching this and so far it's a pretty good ride. Looks like next episode is gonna reveal a lot of good stuff.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:15   Link #434
Kunagisa

Since Fevvers and Warm Mist brought up sakuga, I thought I should chip in a little too because this show has a lot of important names (in fact, almost one every episode) that nobody mentioned yet ...

The MADs in the spoilers contain spoilers to multiple other series, open at your own risk.

Episode 1 + ED
The person who did the Akki scene in episode one is Shingo Yamashita; he's also the one who did the entire ED by himself (which by the way is a very heartful and beautiful ED).
Spoiler for MADs:

Episode 3
Arai Jun as mentioned is another talented animator; people should know him from Star Driver.
Spoiler for MAD:

Episode 4
中瀬理香 ヤマトナオミチ 小倉陳利 近藤圭一 (Scriptwriter, Episode Director, Storyboard, Animation Director)
We don't have the actual gengashi list yet obviously, but from the staff list Ogura Nobutoshi is another guy to keep an eye out for.
Spoiler for MAD:

Episode 5
浦沢広平 山内重保 山内重保 羽山淳一
Yamauchi Shigeyasu is an ancient giant who participated in many storyboard and directing. Hailing back to Saint Seiya days, most recent one I remember is Penguindrum episode 18. He worked with Hayama Junichi with the same episode there and IM@S 9, who is another veteran.
Spoiler for MAD+Compilation:

The list is probably not comprehensive, but as I've said previously I have huge faith in this director, who's utilizing his connection to actually bring out A-1's potential unlike certain ot*snip*. Should definitely check out the staff list from now on if you haven't already. I'm not going to call this the most "sakuga" anime of the season (K has been managing to do each episode with only 6 gengashi only, which I think is a miracle), but Shinsekai is just full of pleasant surprises.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 21:06   Link #435
Warm Mist

A lot of good staff is working for this one, there was also Megumi Kouno on ep 1, and Kubota himself is no random.

However, more than the actual movement, what I find this show excels in is the direction. The music, the dialogue, the way certain cuts are tangled between each other and the attention to detail give it this ominous and unique tone, it almost feels like a movie. It's hard to find a non-iyashikei show that manages to be this atmospheric, and I give props to Ishihama and his staff for that.

I for one, am waiting for the Yamauchi episode and craving a Mitsuo Iso cut somewhere along the run. Please!
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 10:35   Link #436
Forsaken_Infinity

Nobody found Shun at least a bit untrustworthy? He is clearly aloof from the rest of the group, potentially lied to them on episode 2 (about the grave in the school thing) and makes a move on Saki out of literally nowhere when they are alone. Gotta admit he was smooth as hell though.

But yeah, I would rather trust Satoru than Shun. Why? Because Satoru's reactions are honest and you can tell what's on his mind by just observing him whereas there is no telling what Shun's thinking and he seems to be special compared to the rest of the gang too. And being special in such a society ought to have led to some interesting things. He may be going with the government or whatever because he has to but I would still not trust him until the show gives me a veritable reason to.

Maria looks really interesting in that adult picture btw. Looking away with her face covered by her long red hair fluttering in the wind. Damn. I wonder what could possibly happen to make her and the others look away though. Perhaps there is going to be a rather serious conflict between Shun plus Saki and the rest? Shun or Saki probably help the other one out at the detriment of the rest of the group perhaps?
Old 2012-10-16, 12:42   Link #437
kuromitsu

I don't think Shun is untrustworthy, but I don't think it was a coincidence that he was the one who read the story about the boy who thought he was better than everyone else and ended up turning into a demon. Think about it, Shun is praised as one of the best students, as Forsaken_Infinity said above, there's something about him that indicates that he's special. And while he doesn't seem self-absorbed (rather, pretty humble) who knows what he really thinks. I wouldn't be surprised if with time this "specialness" would poison his mind... or there's also a possibility that due to him being better than everyone his relationships with other people would go sour, leaving him alone. I don't know if the demon should be taken literally or as a metaphor, but I think there's a good chance that Shun will turn into a "demon" when he's older.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-16 at 14:27. Reason: what IS it with me leaving out words all the time -_-
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 13:18   Link #438
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

He's definitely hiding something. Whether it makes him good or bad is harder to say.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 13:56   Link #439
Kazu-kun

I'll trust Shun myself. He's too sweet a kid to suspect. Yes, he tends to encourage the others to disregard the rules, but this is consistent with him being the most intelligent of the group. For example, he knew that what the elders did to them in the temple of purity was a form of hypnosis. There's no way he would know things like that and not suspect there's something wrong with their community at the very least. But he can't say anything since it's too dangerous. All he can do is to encourage the others to figure things out by themselves.

That's how I see it at least.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:26   Link #440
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
He's too sweet a kid to suspect.
Famous last words
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural