AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-10, 00:07   Link #12601
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Kind of sad, isn't it. Now I see the E-50 as being an excellent overall performer.

The Leo I is good, but you have to be so damn far to matter. Its almost useless when you are playing on an urban map, where your line of sight is forever obstructed by everything you see before you.

Now, the STB-1 on the other hand...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 00:21   Link #12602
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's been hammered out by folk, but agreed that until we get bigger (as in more than 1000m in size) maps, armor is pretty much the king of the moment, especially against massive alpha TDs like the Waffle (which would allow for some lucky bounces at least). Vision-control tanks like the Leo are generally screwed otherwise, especially with the normalization of view ranges at tiers 8-10.
Old 2014-07-10, 00:32   Link #12603
Tak

Did I also mention its ROF is slow?

At least the Bat is well compensated by its auto-loader. The Leo I has none of it. It will lose to just about everything its up against.

Oh yeah, its a great sniper, with the most accurate gun in its class. Except... it doesn't see much further than most mediums, its DPS is rather low, and its armor is a joke. When WG said it was a paper-tank, they weren't joking.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2014-07-10, 00:34   Link #12604
Gravitas Free Zone

There's screwed and only mostly-screwed; the E-50's upper plate and the T-54's turret do occasionally bounce giant tier 10 shells.

The Leopards do not bounce things unless it's close to the autobounce angle and RNG is feeling nice.

It looks like this weekend's event will be the Germans vs. the Rooskies. I'm all set to pick up a KV-3.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 08:18   Link #12605
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
I'm pretty close to rage free XPing past the Awful Panther although I really don't want to play a stock Indien.
I didn't go through the AFKPanther to get to the Leopard 1, that's what suffering through the VK3002D is for (and I did it twice, once when it was the Panther/Tiger join point and again for the Leopard 1 branch).

I suffer the AFK Panther and still have it in the garage because there is a chance of the RU251 showing up some time before the next ice age.
Old 2014-07-10, 12:57   Link #12606
Tak

Ahh... light tanks. I spent ages in acquiring the Chaffee.

What do I think now? A complete waste of time. Shouldn't have gotten it, realizing I just can't drive scouters.

Don't know if I should sell.

- Tak

Old 2014-07-10, 13:03   Link #12607
Gravitas Free Zone

The M41 Walker Bulldog could be interesting, even if it'll apparently have some mythical 10-shot autoloader.

Meanwhile, if I tried this in the PTA, I would be dead:

Images
Though I really should stop trying to use the E-50 like a T-54, because it isn't one.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-07-11, 02:31   Link #12608
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I also decided to get the Chaffee a few days ago to get in before they end up changing it. So far I'm really enjoying it mostly due to the gun handling but god can it be expensive to run when using premium rounds against high tiers. My worst so far was -58,000 credits on a win that I survived and didn't use any consumables.

The huge tier spread gives it some nice diversity. I found I can carry tier 7/8 games pretty hard and have even picked up 3 high caliber medals in my 40 games. In 9/10 you have to be pretty passive but with premium rounds can still damage pretty much anything.

From my experience I win far more games by playing my scouts for damage rather than spotting. I don't totally abandon spotting but I feel like I'm probably far more willing to shoot and have to fall back than most scouts.

Old 2014-07-13, 22:44   Link #12609
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

So WG RU again is trying to get a "workable" tier 8 premium... This time it's a T-54 prototype. Except it has the worse 100mm gun and will be apparently be as slow as the Super Pershing.

But hey, since the meta is shifting to brawls anyway, WG figures that the tank will be perfect! (sarcasm)
Old 2014-07-14, 09:47   Link #12610
Gravitas Free Zone

I should hit a 9.2 training room with some people and see whether they've broken more maps up for brawling. (Redshire changed again?)
Old 2014-07-19, 09:24   Link #12611
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Damn it`s hard to reroll I really lacked some credits to put equipment in my IS-6
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 17:36   Link #12612
Gravitas Free Zone

This has the potential for hilarity.

152mm on T49 chassis.
Old 2014-07-26, 18:42   Link #12613
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

If did make one of those, wonder what tier they would put it at... my guess would be round 7 or 8, but then again they should have done it as an april fools joke where they made it a tier 1 tank like they did with earl or whatever that 8 bit tank was that did a while back.
Old 2014-07-26, 19:04   Link #12614
Gravitas Free Zone

Supposed to be the Tier 8 on the upcoming USA light branch that will start at the Chaffee.
Old 2014-07-26, 19:21   Link #12615
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

this might get interesting to see how many derp videos come out on youtube about this tank XD.
Old 2014-07-27, 04:01   Link #12616
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Basically a KV-2 gun on a T49 chassis. If it's anything like the T49 in mobility and camo, this thing will be an absurd abomination. Platoon 3 of them and kill EVERYTHING. Make those tier WTFs pay in blood. BLOOD. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahem
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 05:34   Link #12617
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

You guys are gushing about the 152mm, when you should be focusing on the OTHER gun this thing is getting: the 90mm from the M46 Patton. Which has APCR that has 260+ penetration. Which is going to be ridiculous on a tier 8 scout.
Old 2014-07-27, 06:01   Link #12618
Gpower

Spoiler for Aldnoah.Zero ep4:
Gpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 11:12   Link #12619
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You guys are gushing about the 152mm, when you should be focusing on the OTHER gun this thing is getting: the 90mm from the M46 Patton. Which has APCR that has 260+ penetration. Which is going to be ridiculous on a tier 8 scout.
The KV-2ish reload and aim time (though with a vertical stabilizer the bloom shouldn't suck) aren't that great, but while the 90mm is a better gun overall, the derpgun has style.
Old 2014-07-27, 16:22   Link #12620
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Say what.

If it has the same soft stats, this is even more insane. It's a tier 9 gun that is competitive in alpha with tier 10 mediums.

Patton have no armor anyway, so it's just a bigger target than this new, more mobile abomination. Put three of these things on a field and it's an overwhelmingly nastier Hellcat platoon.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks