AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-11, 07:53   Link #1
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Marimite S2 Ep.02 (official thread)

Episode 2 Raw is available

Pleasant surprise:
The raw episode was available again after a few hours of the original broadcast.

No-so-pleasant surprise:
It is a 266 MB file.

Last edited by SleeplessHeart; 2004-07-11 at 10:36.
Old 2004-07-11, 10:35   Link #2
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

For those who have watched the raw episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-11, 11:13   Link #3
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well thank you for the info ..now we know
Old 2004-07-11, 15:07   Link #4
atua

Thanks for the quick summary SleeplessHeart. This ep was very dialogue heavy and I had quite a bit of trouble understanding all but the most basic plot points.

Yumi's expressions are as good as ever, but seeing Rei all fired up was even better...
Old 2004-07-11, 20:10   Link #5
Maro-chan
Bondage Squirrel

*throws random things at the screeny after watching the raw*

This is not how you make a good shoujo-ai serie..!!! Maro so disappointed >_< Even withouth my no-existant japanese skills i managed to figure out what was going on and after reading the summary it turned out just as bad as i thought. ;__;

Atleast the next episode preview looked interesting..
Old 2004-07-11, 21:31   Link #6
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro-chan
*throws random things at the screeny after watching the raw*

This is not how you make a good shoujo-ai serie..!!! Maro so disappointed >_< Even withouth my no-existant japanese skills i managed to figure out what was going on and after reading the summary it turned out just as bad as i thought. ;__;

Atleast the next episode preview looked interesting..
I'm not sure what you mean by that... The episode shed some light on Eriko's previously unknown personal life. Is she just boring to you?
Old 2004-07-11, 21:54   Link #7
atua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
I'm not sure what you mean by that... The episode shed some light on Eriko's previously unknown personal life. Is she just boring to you?
Yeah, I tend to agree. Even if Eriko isn't one of my favourite MariMite characters, exploration of lesser known characters like Eriko, should be applauded. My only wish is that there'll be an episode like this for Youko, especially as she's graduating soon, but sadly I don't hold out much hope...
Old 2004-07-11, 22:02   Link #8
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Eriko always struck me as being a kind of brainy Osaka.
Old 2004-07-11, 22:57   Link #9
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
My only wish is that there'll be an episode like this for Youko, ...
Did I hear somebody said "Youko"?

Well, there are not many things about this elegant Rosa, except her mother is a teacher.
Old 2004-07-11, 23:47   Link #10
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
dating club.
x dating club
o "assisted dating"

"enjo kousai" = 援助交際
援助 - "Assisted"
交際 - "dating"

"assisted dating" = euphemism for "teenage prostitution"
Old 2004-07-12, 03:28   Link #11
Maro-chan
Bondage Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Naah, i meant it more like.... i dont wanna see men in shoujo-ai serie? XDD In my daydreams all marimite characters are only interested in girls. *grin*

Then again, some might say this serie isnt that shoujo-ai... *shakes fist* Damn you teasers!
Old 2004-07-12, 10:24   Link #12
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
Yeah, I tend to agree. Even if Eriko isn't one of my favourite MariMite characters, exploration of lesser known characters like Eriko, should be applauded. My only wish is that there'll be an episode like this for Youko, especially as she's graduating soon, but sadly I don't hold out much hope...
There is one side story for Youko (see FAQ) in the novel but it's not long enough and is difficult to animate it (since it's just a different prospective on the same event). I hope there will be an episode about how the three graduating seniors first met so we get to know more about them.
Old 2004-07-12, 11:43   Link #13
Göönk
Macross fan

7:31

ah what is this big "7:31" in the video?
ANNOYING!
Old 2004-07-12, 12:43   Link #14
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Göönk
ah what is this big "7:31" in the video?
ANNOYING!
One thing that is annoying about TV shows here in Japan that are shown early in the morning is that they have the current time embedded in the broadcast.

"Maria-sama ga Miteru ~Haru~" currently airs on Sundays at 7:30AM on the TV Tokyo network.

I personally do not know the reason why they have to show the time on broadcast shows in the early morning (and once again in dusk), but I assume it is for people that work and children that go to school so they easily know the time while watching TV. Sure we can all watch our VCRs or the wall clock, but I guess this is just some kind of tradition that TV stations follow since our TV shows started airing back in the mid-1950s. Yes, it is annoying, but I guess it has its purpose (although I don't know why they have to display it on a Sunday as well).

But the thing that gets confusing is that not all TV stations follow this rule, and each respective TV stations decide when to turn these time displays off. For example, while the parent network decides to turn its display off at 8:00AM, some regional TV station might continue to do so until as late as 9:30AM. On the other hand, several local and region TV stations on the same network may not even display them at all.

So perhaps the "raw" that you are watching is from someone who recorded "Marimite~haru~" from a TV station which has time displays on at that time...most likely someone in the Kanto region who receives the TV Tokyo broadcast.
Old 2004-07-12, 13:40   Link #15
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Naah, i meant it more like.... i dont wanna see men in shoujo-ai serie? XDD In my daydreams all marimite characters are only interested in girls. *grin*

Then again, some might say this serie isnt that shoujo-ai... *shakes fist* Damn you teasers!

Well.... *pops a vein*

It's NOT a shoujo ai series. It's a series about relationship between girls... platonic or otherwise.

... *takes a deep breath*

... not everyone is unapologetically gay like Sei or Suguru.

Well if it makes you feel better, sideburns dude is the last of the in the semi occuring males trio. The other two being Yuuki and Suguru.
Old 2004-07-12, 14:19   Link #16
Maro-chan
Bondage Squirrel

yay! fighto fighto! Seriously tho, dont get so worked up when i'm just joking. ^^ I pretty much know what this season is gonna offer, but still i only watch it because of the few shoujo-ai hints. (yes, there are so few animes about girl/girl relationships that the shoujo-ai/yuri fans are desperate.... i even watch madlax just for the few scenes and god, that's sad. -__- )

Like i said, some people wouldn't call this serie shoujo-ai even tho it's "infested" with hints of it. I think it's obvious but *rollseyes*
What else would you call the situation between our main characters, Yumi and Sachiko, if not shoujo-ai? I'm not expecting to see any fanservice scenes between them but it's atleast obvious that Yumi has feelings for Sachiko, right? Sisterly love just doesnt cut for it -.-

Other people are welcomed to join the figh... err, conversation. :3
Old 2004-07-12, 18:26   Link #17
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I'm just saying the branding of this anime as a shoujo ai series is what causes many people to flock to the show and be dissappointed of by the lack of "teh lezbi3nz" when this show is so much more than just that.

Now put yourself in my position and imagine listening to someone whining about that for the 10th, nay, make that 30th time

I'd say it's negative advertising

... and I'm a member of a shoujo-ai oriented community, so you can't say I'm close minded either.
Old 2004-07-12, 20:06   Link #18
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
well to me is another lesbian tv series
Old 2004-07-12, 23:55   Link #19
aniforever

hehe i'll join the fight erm convo. i don't think that saying this anime is shoujo-ai will turn many people away. i mean i only watched this at first b/c i heard there's a hint of yuri but look i'm still here after the first season and into the second one and i'm still loving it. i'm not saying i only watch anime with yuri i watch practically everything except horror and to me yuri is just a nice added bonus to an anime.

though seriously i think what makes this anime so fun is sei hitting on yumi and sachiko getting mad hehe so funnie. i just love rei and yoshino man that girl really took a 180 degree turn from quiet soft spoken girl to someone who speaks her mind. hehe watch special 3 when yoshino ...... to rei. hehe it still cracks me up.

i mean if this show was about a girl and a guy you wouldn't have to think twice about it but erm when it's two girls it depends. if you don't like yuri then they are just friends if you like yuri well then it's yuri. hehe.

ahh i'm tired sleep time. bye.
Old 2004-07-13, 00:58   Link #20
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
What else would you call the situation between our main characters, Yumi and Sachiko, if not shoujo-ai?
An 美しい姉妹愛 (utsukushii shimai-ai) = "A beautiful sisterly love relationship"

はぁ、私も祥子様の様な美しいお姉さまがほしい・・・
I would really want to have a beautiful and elegant elder sister like Sachiko-sama...sigh
Closed Thread