AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-05, 10:52   Link #341
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Wonderfully level voiced put down by Fumi this ep. Just a lil surprising that she thought "enough is enough, and it's time to move on" going on her previous behavior. Nice to see some character development as aulzon has mentioned.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 10:48   Link #342
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Had some choco brownies with episode 10.

First things first, the Sugimoto family seems as dysfunctional as I assumed they are.

Secondly I was actually expecting that bringing her along to see Fumi on that bridge might end up biting them in the ass as a rather dick move, but I was wrong in certain ways. A bit of backstory on Sugimoto does show a lot on how she became who she was: a child just doing what she feels and wants almost to a whim, not realizing she was essentially just reliving a vicious cycle with Kyouko with her now as the person being pined over.

Fumi got it down pat so maybe there was no need for me to say it anyway. Sugimoto needs to grow up and move on. Lingering around does nothing for both of them. Fumi says she's moved on and Sugimoto's still trapped in that cycle she'll never come out of until she realizes she needs to let go at some point. As long as she acts more on her own impulses rather than trying to see what the other is feeling, she'll just be reliving the same thing over and over again, in perpetua.

It was great seeing Fumi being the mature one here and asserting her own will. She's not going to be whipped around by Sugimoto anymore and is willing to move on. Where she's moving on, of course, I guess we'll see next episode.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 12:08   Link #343
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Also Akira's brother is really annoying.
I gather you are not a brother yourself then.

Well I have to accept he takes one's big brother instincts to the next level though
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 16:10   Link #344
Tiberium Wolf

At least he is not like Arthur in Tears to tiara.

Anyway the way that Fumi acted was so mature. I wasn't really expecting that from her.
Old 2009-09-08, 17:37   Link #345
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
At least he is not like Arthur in Tears to tiara.

Anyway the way that Fumi acted was so mature. I wasn't really expecting that from her.
I think this is why Fumi is rapidly becoming one of my favorite female characters. We actually get to see her growth and watch her pick up herself up need be and carry on but what we are also seeing is her blossom into woman hood. I wouldn't even call it her standing up for herself it was how she honestly felt and in the past Fumi had a very hard time expressing herself whether it was good emotion or a bad one and it would manifest itself in her crying. Yumi quite simply and elegantly and growing up.
Old 2009-09-09, 14:31   Link #346
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Overall this show was a perfect adaptation of the manga. I just kept on smiling episode after episode, as it kept doing the job at bringing the manga to life. It's also good to know that a lot of none manga readers were able to appreciate the show. I just hope they'll plan to start reading the manga once they've finished the show.

These past few months have been quite the experience. It's good now and then to see an adaptation of the manga doing a grand job. Just hope more and more people will watch this show in the future, and read the manga.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-09-09 at 14:45.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:53   Link #347
ThoHell

Oi we're getting an OVA or something right? An ep 12? A series ending with the 11th episode is just....weird. Ok, I'll be honest. I want more of a conclusion.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 17:08   Link #348
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Oi we're getting an OVA or something right? An ep 12? A series ending with the 11th episode is just....weird. Ok, I'll be honest. I want more of a conclusion.
No OVA has been announced.

With the material that they have to use, the ending we got does the job. The manga is still on going, and there are 9 more chapters from the manga after these events.

& for anyone who wants to know, the anime adaptation stopped at chapter 18 of the manga. If you want to know the differences and what's anime original material in this last episode, then check my post regarding this episode.
Old 2009-09-09, 17:19   Link #349
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Really an outstanding anime. I wish we had gotten -- and hope we will get -- more, but what we got was wonderful. They found an ending that made sense. Maybe there can be an OVA series next year sometime. But I'm afraid I won't hold my breath. I don't have any DVD sales figures, but I doubt this is the kind of show that generates a lot of sales. I'll just keep following the manga.

Director Kasai Kenichi's autumn show is an utter change of pace: the weird-sounding bishounen comedy Miracle Train, in which stations on a Tokyo subway line are personified as beautiful young men.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 17:49   Link #350
Tiberium Wolf

WTH? 11 eps? Another weird number. Damn... and I thought we were going to see more and it ends at ep 11. I mean it gets pretty interesting in the last eps!
Old 2009-09-09, 18:21   Link #351
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Just saw episode 10 and the episode turned out to be a lot deeper than I was expecting. I love how the characters have grown, or their lack of growth has been pointed out. To me this is one of the best romance shows I've seen, it really seems to convey the confusion, the happy times, and the lost loves that many people go through in high school.
Boo only one more episode.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 21:14   Link #352
bbee

I've been in love with this show since ep 1, and with the demise of TM8 it's been my favorite show of the season. It's one the best romance anime I've ever seen, shoujo ai or otherwise, second only to Koi Kaze.
The story and presentation are wonderfully subtle. The art is beautiful, the music is enchanting, the VAs do a great job. Even the "cinematography" / shot selection alone sets this show apart.

But somehow I can't escape the feeling that I'm not really fit for this show. I remember being annoyed at some of the digressions the story took during the earlier episodes. I was bothered by the fact that the show didn't really focus fully on one relationship; instead we got more of an ensemble of love related stories - musings on adolescence and love in general.
Maybe I've been manhandled too much by simpler natured romance anime so I was expecing a bigger emotional payoff. Maybe some of the first episodes are deceptive in what they make you expect of the show, or maybe I've been spoiled by too many unrealistic "Hollywood" happy endings.
A lot of this was set straight by the ending though, and hopefully the whole thing will fit neatly into the bigger Fumi-Achan picture.

Either way it's the first anime that has made me -as a viewer- feel inadequate to watch it, and that's saying a lot. I'll be sure to rewatch it in 10 years

Now, time for the best part after watching a great show: the all-nighter reading the manga!
Tomorrow be damned.. art > future > *
Old 2009-09-09, 22:57   Link #353
firehawk12

I honestly thought that they would end it with:
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

But I'm glad they ended it there. In fact, this ending leaves it more in line with the extremely close but non-sexual relationship standard set by Marimite, so I think it actually works as a series ending as well. In fact, a second series, if they ever make one, would almost ruin the arc set up over these episodes.

Here's hoping Sasameki Koto, despite siding more with comedy, turns out just as well.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 23:13   Link #354
aulzon

Finished it and I got to say, I was really disappointed to find out that this was the last episode. My initial prejudice was that it was just beginning and I thought the ending would be a little unfulfilling.

But after watching it, I'm quite happy with how they ended it. I mean, it's as good as you can end it within the constraint of 11 episodes. I also think Akira and Fumi work a lot better in a relationship that transcends being a traditional couple. They have a really special friendship and there's a lot of ambiguity in it and what happens to them next.

Anyways, I'm going to start reading the manga now.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 23:18   Link #355
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Sad that its ended already, but it was quite the enjoyable ride...Easily one of my favorite shows from this season.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 23:26   Link #356
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I'm with everyone else... sad that it ended so early, but happy that I was able to watch an awkward time in some girls lives played out so wonderfully.

I'll be following the manga as well.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 02:04   Link #357
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I should join in to agree with everyone and despite not usually watching this kind of shows ... Aoi Hana stands out ... very well done and despite being slow (), I loved the pacing.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 02:16   Link #358
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
all i can say is... niceee

this was great

i really enjoyed it
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 02:41   Link #359
KiryuuKazumanosuke

Goodbye, Aoi Hana! You were nice to watch, and you had pretty backgrounds.
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 03:31   Link #360
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
I honestly thought that they would end it with:
Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Like i've said enough times, that's what i was hoping. But using that would mean not really enough closure compared to the anime original material that they added to the last 5 or so minutes of episode 11. A huge shame though.

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri