AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-07, 04:51   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hiyooooooooo! How is everyone doing? Summer is almost gone... but I also registered 17K on my Yamaha for this summer so not too much to complain. Anyway, watched the episode. The craptacular filler music is back! It even destroyed one of the best moment in Bleach where Aizen stopped Ichigo's strike in bankai form with a single finger with that delicious "ting" sound. Somebody is tone deaf in that studio. *cough* There are some good moments too but it won't accumulate to much considering all of them are comprised of less than a minute worth. If it wasn't for Ken-chan calling the giganto moron worm and his equal exuberance to exchange knuckles, those good moments wouldn't have gone beyond 20 seconds worth.

I cracked up a lot when Kenpachi was offering Byakuiya to finish up the wounded. It almost sounded like a sloppy second...

Unohana-taicho also provided some new information THAT WASN'T SO NEW! She also, however, provided a glimpse at the kind of a powerhouse Ichigo is. I guess the need to inflate Ichigo's power level is imperative now that he is in conjunction to cross path with Aizen. This story is soooooo all over the place in terms of power level. How ridiculous will it be if it is Ichigo that ends up bringing down Aizen. Just look at him:

Now let's look at the other facial expression to get a glimpse at what they might be thinking:

My girl I-S-A-N-E isn't even making a effort to hide it. Oh the comedy! Alas, that's the extent of this story's reach. At least, the fight scenes are nice now and then....

So just when I thought the episode had nothing new to offer, Byakuya-sama looks at us from side ways....

As Hellychan would say, "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Enjoy the discussion!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!

Last edited by monir; 2010-09-14 at 10:41.
Old 2010-09-14, 09:54   Link #2
Jerseykid

The conversation between unohana and Ichigo was more interesting than the fight part. We learned/clarified quite a bit.

Tousen does something very interesting with his hand in the preview.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:19   Link #3
Pa1n

good ep , enjoy , no filler , every upcoming ep is going to be better and better!
the only sux part is... ITS ONLY 20 MINS!
Old 2010-09-14, 10:22   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
The conversation between unohana and Ichigo was more interesting than the fight part. We learned/clarified quite a bit.

Tousen does something very interesting with his hand in the preview.
What clarification would that be? Unohana says Ichigo's spirit pressure is about the same as hers. Ichigo rectifies her by telling her that his Shihakusho is half restored which is indicative of his own spiritual energy and pressure. Unfortunately we still don't know what that means exactly. We have never seen Unohana fight anyone. We have seen how Ichigo was crushed by Ulqui. And then we saw how the three other Esapada's whom are supposedly stronger than Ulqui fought the SS captain.

Having all these information at hand, can we really conclude where exactly Ichigo lies in terms of power level? Nope. All these information by Unohana doesn't add to much. It only reconfirms that Kubo will do whatever is needed to make Ichigo come out on top. Reasoning and shounen logic can take a backseat.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:29   Link #5
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What clarification would that be?
My clarification came from Ichigo being the only person not to be under complete hypnosis. People have speculated about that for years. Also his clothing which was never ever talked about, when it should of been one of the first things explained.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:39   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
My clarification came from Ichigo being the only person not to be under complete hypnosis. People have speculated about that for years. Also his clothing which was never ever talked about, when it should of been one of the first things explained.
My cynicism overflows anytime we are talking facts in this show. Sorry about that.

I was more annoyed by the fact how conveniently this information is placed in now that Ichigo will cross path with Aizen. The singular purpose of this information is to bolster Ichigo's strength without going into any specifics. So Ichigo is twice as powerful from Unohana. Okay. Ulqui still wiped the floor with him. I also thought it was a common knowledge since the Soul Society arc that Ichigo never been under the influence of Aizen's shikai.

And I so wanted to cry at the Byakuya-Mayuri exchange about Ichigo. I know... I know... my cynicism knows no bound...
Old 2010-09-14, 10:43   Link #7
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

judging from the shots posted, the episode must have gone along the lines of:

Byakuya:

"I love you, Kenpachi..."

Kenpachi:

"whaa...!?"

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:46   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
judging from the shots posted, the episode must have gone along the lines of:

Byakuya:

"I love you, Kenpachi..."

Kenpachi:

"whaa...!?"

Actually those two are the sole reason the episode was somewhat entertaining.
Old 2010-09-14, 13:41   Link #9
kobun

are they going to fillers soon right? their getting might close to the manga once ichigo reaches fake k-town... anyone know when the new op will begin...
Old 2010-09-14, 14:25   Link #10
TheRime

yay, I'm glad to see Cpt. Unohana do something, even tho it was just running and exposition. and OMG, Byakuya actually (sorta, kinda, maybe) smiled!!! that's a once-in-a-century happenstance!

can't wait for next episode. judging by the preview, we FINALLY get to see the showdown between tousen and koma and Hisagi.
Old 2010-09-14, 15:56   Link #11
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Why does kenpachi look so... damn skinny?

For a guy who wears his outfit so big, he's just skin and big bones.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-09-14, 17:02   Link #12
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:

For a guy who wears his outfit Byso big, he's just skin and big bones.
I was wondering this too. You'd think Kenpachi would be really buff, but here he looks like a muscular twig. I thought the episode was enjoyable, especially the conversation between Unohana and Ichigo. I can't wait to see him restored to full strength. The preview for the next episode was very interesting as well. It looks like Kenpachi is going to need a little help from byakuya next ep! And we finally get to see Tosen fighting. And I think I saw something that is going to be epic if I'm right.
Old 2010-09-14, 17:36   Link #13
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

I blame that on the animators really...even though their robes are baggy and Kenpachi is a big guy while being thin...they still manage to screw that up, but they've been doing that since Soul Society I think (as far as Kenpachi goes)

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2010-09-14 at 18:03.
Old 2010-09-14, 18:13   Link #14
neshru

Boring as shit episode was boring as shit. Bring back the arabian fillers already.
Old 2010-09-14, 18:13   Link #15
Nemu

I love how Nemu showed up in this episode. I hope she shows up again reeeaal soon.
Old 2010-09-14, 18:15   Link #16
sayde

Next episode looks like it's going to have some good animation. The way they animated Tousen dodging those two attacks was awesome. Oh yeah, episode 288...it was ok. Set-up episodes just don't have as much appeal to me. But I acknowledge their use nonetheless. On another note, I think this episode gives Unohana the most lines she's ever had in all of Bleach to date. So that was nice.
Old 2010-09-14, 18:33   Link #17
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I blame that on the animators really...even though their robes are baggy and Kenpachi is a big guy while being thin...they still manage to screw that up, but they've been doing that since Soul Society I think (as far as Kenpachi goes)
Kenpachi just lost all his robes with them on his proablay looked pretty big, but in reality he is that skinny he was like this on the manga too.
Old 2010-09-14, 19:16   Link #18
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Kenpachi just lost all his robes with them on his proablay looked pretty big, but in reality he is that skinny he was like this on the manga too.
well yeah, I pretty much said he was a big guy, but thin but in the episode they drew him smaller than what he usually is.

yay inconsistencies I know Kubo said Kenpachi was the more difficult character to draw, but damn.

though in both versions, wearing the robe looks to throw off the anatomy and makes him appear even bigger, you really don't see this problem with any of the other Captains.
Old 2010-09-14, 19:19   Link #19
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
well yeah, I pretty much said he was a big guy, but thin but in the episode they drew him smaller than what he usually is.

yay inconsistencies I know Kubo said Kenpachi was the more difficult character to draw, but damn.

though in both versions, wearing the robe looks to throw off the anatomy and makes him appear even bigger, you really don't see this problem with any of the other Captains.
He probably just decides eeh lets just make him skinny and say he lost a little weight training
Edited: But then again Kenpachi just looked that way through his uniform

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-09-14 at 21:06.
Old 2010-09-14, 20:49   Link #20
Luna91

Quote:

Yeah, he used to have so much more of a physical presence. Well, i found this episode...kinda boring. But it was good to see some old faces like Nemu and Unohana....and Byakushi