AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 05:34   Link #481
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Old 2012-06-07, 12:04   Link #482
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^ This is what happens when Worst sneaks some grounded-up happy pills in Accelerator's coffee.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 12:32   Link #483
desrtsku
Nympholept

My my, what the hell did he do at the end of the vid? ... I know fans like to exaggerate things but it's beyond being a simple lolicon O.O
Old 2012-06-08, 00:15   Link #484
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
My my, what the hell did he do at the end of the vid? ... I know fans like to exaggerate things but it's beyond being a simple lolicon O.O
He... uh, somehow, accelerated things.

Y.... YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH .....???

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 19:13   Link #485
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Accelerator originally wanted to reach the 6th level that people didn't die, attacking him? That those were afraid of he and didn't attack, after all so? He, apparently, even killed then those who disturbed he in it.
Last Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 02:04   Link #486
judasmartel
*Author

Hmm... I take it to mean that Accelerator wanted to reach Level 6 (SYSTEM) so that no one else would die trying to attack him, right?

That's partly true. The game-breaking potential of Vector Redirection made him a huge target for scientists and military organizations who desired his powers.

Also, there are a lot of stupid low-level espers in AC who did try to kill him because:

1) Some were afraid of him due to his powers, which were not entirely Accelerator's fault because he had no control of his powers and therefore no one could touch him even if they didn't mean to hurt him, and
2) Others desired the honor of "beating the strongest Level 5 Esper in Academy City". This honor was later taken by Touma Kamijou, who with his ability to nullify supernatural abilities is pretty much the only guy in AC who can hurt him, let alone touch him.

Due to these reasons, Accelerator thought (at the time before Touma defeated him) that the only way he would be left alone is to become so powerful that even the mere thought of fighting him is ridiculous, or as they say, "a mortal sin".
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 10:33   Link #487
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Hmm... I take it to mean that Accelerator wanted to reach Level 6 (SYSTEM) so that no one else would die trying to attack him, right?

That's partly true. The game-breaking potential of Vector Redirection made him a huge target for scientists and military organizations who desired his powers.

Also, there are a lot of stupid low-level espers in AC who did try to kill him because:

1) Some were afraid of him due to his powers, which were not entirely Accelerator's fault because he had no control of his powers and therefore no one could touch him even if they didn't mean to hurt him, and
2) Others desired the honor of "beating the strongest Level 5 Esper in Academy City". This honor was later taken by Touma Kamijou, who with his ability to nullify supernatural abilities is pretty much the only guy in AC who can hurt him, let alone touch him.

Due to these reasons, Accelerator thought (at the time before Touma defeated him) that the only way he would be left alone is to become so powerful that even the mere thought of fighting him is ridiculous, or as they say, "a mortal sin".
Ok, thanks for the answer.
And where there was a manga illustration in which small Accelerator and his thought was shown: "I can once again not I will bring pain" or something something like that? It was the manga according to Reilgan?
Last Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 05:23   Link #488
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
Ok, thanks for the answer.
And where there was a manga illustration in which small Accelerator and his thought was shown: "I can once again not I will bring pain" or something something like that? It was the manga according to Reilgan?
I guess what you are thinking off is Railgun Ch. 38, somewhere towards the end.
Old 2012-08-22, 22:29   Link #489
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

No comment
Old 2012-08-22, 23:36   Link #490
judasmartel
*Author

Ah, nice crossover.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 16:59   Link #491
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

I'm just curious.
The moment Accelerator wondered, who Misuzu was (SS volume 1).
Quote:
(Her clothes. Elmo, Az, Scale, Losib, and her perfume is a new Zero Plus product…Wait, aren’t those all for teens? Well, she was still covered in brand name clothes and all from companies outside of Academy City. The fact that not a single thing came from here is odd.)
It was conceivable that someone would order an entire outfit from a brand they really, really liked, but that drunk’s clothes were all from different brands. The shirt, the slacks, the belt, the shoes, and the handbag were all different as if she had thrown a bunch of things she liked together. It didn’t look like she was particularly picky about the brands she wore.
How he knows everything of that? He not only learned ladies clothing brands, just looking and remembering visually, but even recognized the perfume in flavor.
Do not tell me that the hight level espers are trained also in such information.
Old 2013-04-28, 17:03   Link #492
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He might've picked up the info because he was really bored. His life before encountering Touma and Last Order certainly didn't seem terribly exciting between Misaka fights.
Old 2013-04-28, 17:14   Link #493
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He might've picked up the info because he was really bored. His life before encountering Touma and Last Order certainly didn't seem terribly exciting between Misaka fights.
So I'm afraid to imagine all the things that he also knows professionally.
Old 2013-04-28, 18:20   Link #494
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
How he knows everything of that? He not only learned ladies clothing brands, just looking and remembering visually, but even recognized the perfume in flavor.
Do not tell me that the hight level espers are trained also in such information.
Maybe he didn't realize it, but it was all a remnant from his other personality.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 18:32   Link #495
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How can he become a Level 6 if he doesn't even know the laws of fashion?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 19:02   Link #496
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
I'm just curious.
The moment Accelerator wondered, who Misuzu was (SS volume 1).

He used to go into scummy bars dressed in drag.

He was very lonely and bored way back.

What? It's a valid explanation.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 08:39   Link #497
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How can he become a Level 6 if he doesn't even know the laws of fashion?
Accelerator dosent follow the laws of fashion. Accelerator is the one who makes the laws of fashion. Accelerator follows no one.
Old 2013-05-16, 10:00   Link #498
Ilidsor
Angelerator

So there's been a lot of talk about Accelerator's morality in the episode discussion of Railgun thread. I really wanted to say something but since I literally just got banned for talking off topic and in spoilers in that thread I decided to just write my explanation for his actions here. So if anybody doesn't understand Accelerator's actions and wants to, read this.

Spoiler for Accelerator's Reasoning Behind Participating in the Sisters Experiment:

If made any mistakes there please let me know.
Old 2013-05-16, 16:14   Link #499
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Great post. Sums it all very nicely.

In the Railgun manga it was shown how he killed the very first clone. He was reluctant to the very end but the Sister didin't leave him any other choice, she made him believe the Sisters really were lifeless dolls. She pulled the trigger first.
Old 2013-05-16, 16:17   Link #500
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Also, I don't think people realized that his psychotic persona is how he deals with the experience of killing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote