AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 10:15   Link #81
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
And this is my prediction: An incident happened, leading to either Nanoha or Fate disappearing. The other go look for her, angsting over what happened to her. It would then lead into mushy mushy reunion scene.
Nothing about this relates to reflection though. But if we slot in a scene where they were arguing intensely, then it could be plausible.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:26   Link #82
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I'm not sure if we should take "Reflections" literally. It just might be a nice title, kind of like the 3rd Madoka movie being titled "Rebellion". Unless we assume there's some kind of magical girl civil war, but that's not related to Nanoha, my bad

It's possible the 3rd movie might actually be present-day Nanoha and Fate, rather then an actual movie production and just involve some past events being discussed? Since Movie 1st and Movie 2nd, the Nanoha and Fate shown in the movies would have to actually be actresses of sorts... or maybe just transformation magic? Hm, it's not really explained.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:52   Link #83
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

If this pic is not a fake it would take place somewhere around Nanoha and Fate being in junior high or high school: http://i53.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0324/...1b6deaddf1.jpg
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:55   Link #84
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
If this pic is not a fake it would take place somewhere around Nanoha and Fate being in junior high or high school: http://i53.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0324/...1b6deaddf1.jpg
Fake pic is fake.

Someone just took a very old picture of Nanoha and Fate in high school and slapped the movie logo on it.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:57   Link #85
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Yeah thats just plastering an unofficial logo onto an old piece of official art. I don't expect to see any actual trailers for Reflections until 2014 probably. There seems to usually be a 2 year gap between each release, and trailers came out about a year-ish before the release.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:59   Link #86
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yeah. I already find out.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 14:26   Link #87
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

hum orignal story, i hope it will turn good for my taste.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 14:29   Link #88
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Reflections by Stern: I will not lose.
By Levi: Bushido is strong.
Dearche: Stupid Raven is as stupid as ever.
Amitie: Nanoha and the others are doing well. The guys are slacking though.
Kyrie: I can take them out on a date.
Yuri: They have lots of free time...
Old 2013-03-24, 14:54   Link #89
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Since Movie 1st and Movie 2nd, the Nanoha and Fate shown in the movies would have to actually be actresses of sorts... or maybe just transformation magic? Hm, it's not really explained.
Almost like it was a tongue-in cheek explanation that became a serious one needlessly.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 15:12   Link #90
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Almost like it was a tongue-in cheek explanation that became a serious one needlessly.
Isn't that the official backstory to all the movies is in-universe productions with Fate and Nanoha, post-StrikerS, as consultants for it?

Transformation magic has certainly been shown in the series before, so I never did figure it could very well still be Nanoha and Fate in the movies - just having magic used on them to appear younger.
Old 2013-03-24, 15:16   Link #91
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Isn't that the official backstory to all the movies is in-universe productions with Fate and Nanoha, post-StrikerS, as consultants for it?
Not really, it was a Megami sound stage joke. Megami sound stages had a habit of breaking the 4th wall before, as the cast would answer letters send by fans commenting on the series. "The movie is a real movie in the series" was another one of those, but as it blurred the 4th wall rather than breaking it, it wasn't as clear to everyone which was which.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 15:21   Link #92
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

On top of that, Tsuzuki said the movie was an alternate continuity/reality, IIRC, which would further conflict with the sound stage saying it was a movie in-universe.
Old 2013-03-24, 16:32   Link #93
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow! original material!

That sounds good, i really want to see a movie based on their teen years, not only because that way i'll get to see the Wolks n their awesome years but also because those were apparentle the years when Hayate was ACTIVE on the field! So much time of having Hayate's awesomeness as an informed atteibute, it's time to show some evidence folks!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:43   Link #94
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wow! original material!

That sounds good, i really want to see a movie based on their teen years, not only because that way i'll get to see the Wolks n their awesome years but also because those were apparentle the years when Hayate was ACTIVE on the field! So much time of having Hayate's awesomeness as an informed atteibute, it's time to show some evidence folks!
I'm kind of afraid to see Hayate fighting with the manga canon insisting that she's completely incapable of one-on-one fights (to the point of being weaker than Caro). Then again, it also implies her to be equal to Nanoha and Fate in a battle royale setting, so who knows what the authors were thinking.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:48   Link #95
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

>Hayate invades enemy lair alone
>Enemies: "Huehue, you're surrounded, missy."
>Hayate: "COME TO ME, MY KNIGHTS"
>Wolkenritter get summoned
>Enemies "Oh shit..."
>Signum, Vita and Zafira go all "it's rape time" on their asses
>Shamal stuns bitches while Hayate charges some uber SS rank spell

At this point I think she deserves such a scene for once.
Old 2013-03-24, 17:49   Link #96
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
I'm kind of afraid to see Hayate fighting with the manga canon insisting that she's completely incapable of one-on-one fights (to the point of being weaker than Caro). Then again, it also implies her to be equal to Nanoha and Fate in a battle royale setting, so who knows what the authors were thinking.
She's weaker then Caro one on one because all her magic takes too long to cast to be of any practical use in a one on one situation. It's kind like trying to use a big, slow weapon against anyone. A REALLY slow weapon.

EDIT:
ANd in a battle royale she's powerful because she has meat shie- I mean, comrades to keep people off her so she can cast.
Old 2013-03-24, 19:33   Link #97
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Unless Hayate decides to take off her gloves and go all "Battle of Aces" on everyone xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 19:42   Link #98
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Original material is nice. If it can do a good job of providing the proper background for objects in StrikerS, then it can enhance the overall narrative, and make it more complete.

This particular time period is fairly light on the interest of world building, so this fills in a gap that will benefit the franchise as a whole.

Something like having Jail out earlier but not really directly involved, but in the shadows leads to more intrigue and a more menacing presence that won't fully be revealed til later.

And finally, it creates something new.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 22:49   Link #99
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well I like the idea of something new for a movie but they should not make any reference to StrikerS. At least I think that will be better.
Old 2013-03-25, 00:28   Link #100
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

I like the idea of something new and have no particular preference on it being StrikerS centered or not.

It would be kind of cool if the title Reflection meant they're going to use the Materials. Sadly the claim it's "not based on any existing material" must put the PSP timeline right out the window too. :/
KuronaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote