AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-10, 12:48   Link #121
NeoSam

France Shoin will be starting a new light novel label that's aimed at adult women:
http://lightnovel.org/2009/05/10/tia...th-just-a-kiss

One of the titles I mentioned above "Ai Yuri Jogakuin he Youkoso ♥" is a yuri light novel.

Guh, I'm still wating for a light novel label that's aimed at males and publishes yuri light novels >_<
Old 2009-05-10, 17:18   Link #122
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
France Shoin will be starting a new light novel label that's aimed at adult women:
http://lightnovel.org/2009/05/10/tia...th-just-a-kiss

One of the titles I mentioned above "Ai Yuri Jogakuin he Youkoso ♥" is a yuri light novel.
And it has illustrations by Chi-Ran. I love her works from Yuri Hime and Yuri Wildrose. She used to do lesbian-themed manga for a ladies comic magazine back in 90's, then she moved on to work on BL (yaoi), and now (since 2004 or so) is doing Yuri again. Her panel layouts suck lol, but her illustrations are great (if you like TL and BL style, that is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Guh, I'm still wating for a light novel label that's aimed at males and publishes yuri light novels >_<
But I think there are some male-oriented yuri light novels already available. The female-oriented ones seems to be just a few in comparison. That's why I'm happy about this one. Besides, when it comes to Yuri I kinda like the shoujo style better then the shounen (bishoujo, moe) one.
Old 2009-05-11, 09:17   Link #123
NeoSam

What I would like to see is a male oriented light novel label that publishes yuri light novels on a frequent basis (if a light novel label has for example 20 light novel series currently running under it why not have 2 of these series be yuri stories... and when they end, new yuri light novels series start).

Though pessimistic, I'm at least hoping for such a label >_<
Old 2009-05-30, 10:07   Link #124
blade82

a continuation of GTO see here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eacher-onizuka

Last edited by blade82; 2009-06-01 at 05:56.
Old 2009-06-01, 16:26   Link #125
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Some release dates:

Ookami to Koushinryou volume XII will come out August 10th.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai volume 4 will come out the same day.
Old 2009-06-09, 05:24   Link #126
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I found a good site for information on new Japanese light novel releases if you understand Japanese.
http://ranobe-mori.net/

And then if you just want to look at the covers and when they're being released, here's the release calendar.
http://ranobe-mori.net/calendar.php
Does this site has the ISBN number for each novel? That will make it easier to buy it >.<
Old 2009-06-10, 16:59   Link #127
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

It does, but you have to click on the label links to the left.

Example, for Dengeki Bunko published novels,

http://ranobe-mori.net/label/dengeki-bunko/

As you can see, it shows all the novels TBR up until September. And if you scroll down to June, to novels already released, you can see the ISBN's to the right.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:00   Link #129
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Umm, I would like to ask for EX! light novel vol 7 and 8 ISBN number. I would search for it myself if I were at home, but too bad my work PC can't read japanese character and I need to ask my dad to buy it in singapore for me >.<
Old 2009-06-10, 21:26   Link #130
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

http://ga.sbcr.jp/novel/ex/index.html

Looks like -

Volume 7 is ISBN:978-4-7973-5174-3

Volume 8 is ISBN:978-4-7973-5466-9

Edit: Looks like the release date for the Shakugan no Shana XIX has been set. September 10th.

Last edited by Ryuou; 2009-06-10 at 23:05.
Old 2009-06-12, 03:07   Link #131
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Thank you. Now to wait if it's available in Singapore's bookstore or not ^^
Old 2009-06-17, 23:54   Link #132
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

How many other people can't help wondering what the deleted posts are about? Maybe it has nothing to do with the topics, or whatever, but after they get deleted, don't you just want to read them all the much more?

As for the Torajima! Light Novel series, I'm just about finished with Volume 1, and will put up a good review once I'm done. It's a pretty interesting series. Though I'm still waiting to hear about a future release of volume 3? Any body have any news?

Last edited by seaghyn16; 2009-06-17 at 23:55. Reason: changed mistype
Old 2009-06-19, 00:50   Link #133
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Haha, yeah I do. But as for your on topic question, I can check...hm, I couldn't find anything about a volume 3 after a quick search. Has the series been stalled for a little while? Looks like volume one came out in Apr of last year.
Old 2009-06-19, 01:09   Link #134
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Yeah....I've looked too, and only found two volumes...I also found volume 2 at the public library ^_^. I'm going to check it out after my exams and read it. From the images though, it doesn't look like it ends...though I'll see.

Also, it's not a Japanese book, but I found "Sherlock Holmes" in English at the library, and have checked it out. I'm going to try to read 3 chapters a day.

(it's making me realize why I used to love reading, and one year how I read 200-some 300 page books...but I have so much trouble reading one light novel..../sigh)

Anyway, I just wanted to write down the Japanese Light Novels I've read so far ^_^

Puipui! Volume 1
Puipui! Volume 2 *about half way through*
Dragon Crisis! Volume 1
Torajima! Volume 1

So almost 4 light novels, lol...O_o
Old 2009-06-19, 01:13   Link #135
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Haha, that's much better than me. I still haven't finished 1 yet, but that's my own fault for not putting in the time. As much as I enjoy reading my novels (I think I enjoy owning them more than reading them), I let other things get in the way. The real problem, other than my just being too lazy, is that I have too many hobbies.
Old 2009-07-20, 23:05   Link #136
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, I heard to aru majutsu no index light novel vol 18 is out already. Is this true?
Old 2009-07-21, 09:57   Link #137
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

you have heard correctly, and here is the link to support it:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%A8%E3...8188155&sr=1-1

it's an amazon.co.jp link. The novel was released July 10, about 11 days ago.
Old 2009-07-26, 18:42   Link #138
unleash01

Yo! NeoSam thanks for showing the upcoming manga's and there updates..
But why are the others are like for Gays man..
Just saying.. ^^
Old 2009-07-26, 19:05   Link #139
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash01 View Post
Yo! NeoSam thanks for showing the upcoming manga's and there updates..
But why are the others are like for Gays man..
Just saying.. ^^
Hmm... I'm mentionied many labels that are aimed at different demographics, light novels for boys, light novels for girls, light novels for adult men, light novels for adult women, and "general"/"mainstrean" light novels.

Those labels that publish BL(boys love) light novels, or as you mentioned "gay men" are labels that contain adult stories that center on homosexual males and are aimed at adult women (these novels are written by women and aimed at women), and are not aimed at gay men.

I was just trying to be fair and mention all labels. If I wasn't fair, I would be mentioning only shounen(boy's) light novels and adult men's light novels since those are the things that I'm interested in.

Anyway, this thread will be updated more frequently soon... maybe, I think (lol).
Old 2009-07-27, 11:46   Link #140
NeoSam

More updates about more new light novel labels that started this month (July 2009):

raiL-soft to Start the Novel Brand "Rail Bunko"

Square Enix to Start the Light Novel Label GanGan Novels

Takeshobo Starts the Light Novel Label BZ Novels

Okay now for some comments, first of all I'm pretty dissapointed at Takeshobo I was there when their light novel label "Zeta Bunko", that's aimed at teenage boys, got defunct, and I was hoping that someday a new light novel label with much more light novel releases will come to replace it, but it didn't happen, the BZ Novels seems to be also a minor label...

The "Rail Bunko" label doesn't seem that promising either, did they create this label just to release 1 light novel based on one of their eroge, or is their more coming?

And now for the promising new light novel label "GanGan Novels", this label seems to be another home for bishoujo/moe light novels, the label will be publishing light novels that are serialized online on GanGan Online: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazi...vel/index.html

I'm pretty excited about this new label (GanGan Novels). There's already 2 light novels published under the "GanGan Novels" label which I mentioned here, and just to show how bishoujo/moe these light novels are, just check out some of the illustrations provided by Amazon Japan for the the "Stand by me,Stand by you." light novel:

Stand by me,Stand by you. (click on the small images to see the rest of the illustrations from the same light novel).

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases