AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 16:59   Link #2001
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raptors use ranged weaponry. If they're full androids, they could easily have weaponry in their palms that shoots energy or something.
The designs in NEXT look almost like their left arms are detachable. Can it be so they can mount different weapons?

Page claim for old knight-type robot girls who get replaced by faceless mechanical goons.
Old 2011-04-30, 17:42   Link #2002
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
hehe endless fun with this development, could they also have their body parts become mage weapons? Core fighter? haah

oh why am i watching old gundam now

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 19:10   Link #2003
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
The designs in NEXT look almost like their left arms are detachable. Can it be so they can mount different weapons?
Or maybe those are for rocket punches. Tsuzuki seems to love his Super Robots after all.
Old 2011-05-01, 01:34   Link #2004
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I don't think people should look too much into the left arm missing: that particular part of the image is drawn as a rough sketch, and sometimes artists will leave out body parts to show a particular point, or to make the drawing the image easier. Don't think too much into it (or else I'll believe that Lily has a detachable head if the last Force NEXT is to be believed).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 02:27   Link #2005
Key Board
Carbon

Remember the still unknown designer of the type zero series? The person behind Subaru and Ginga's design?

He probably went on to work at CW
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 02:35   Link #2006
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
It's just a slightly exploded view of the armor he is outfitted with.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 03:37   Link #2007
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Remember the still unknown designer of the type zero series? The person behind Subaru and Ginga's design?

He probably went on to work at CW
And he is also Fate's real dad and the head of the Belkan conspiracy. It's all connected. And he is probably a blonde CHAR, too, because who else could fate have gotten her hair from?
Old 2011-05-01, 10:26   Link #2008
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
And he is also Fate's real dad and the head of the Belkan conspiracy. It's all connected. And he is probably a blonde CHAR, too, because who else could fate have gotten her hair from?
....and Graham's lost son, and one of the basic dna material for Scaglietti, and Clyde's companion and one of the guys behind the discredit campain against Tilda Lanster, etc...

....the possibilities are just endless xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 10:30   Link #2009
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
....and Graham's lost son, and one of the basic dna material for Scaglietti, and Clyde's companion and one of the guys behind the discredit campain against Tilda Lanster, etc...

Also the current patriarch of the Scrya clan and Isis' employer.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 11:10   Link #2010
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Also the current patriarch of the Scrya clan and Isis' employer.
Here are your damn tinfoil hats, wear them with pride.
Old 2011-05-04, 23:32   Link #2011
Aaron008R

I didn't think I'd be posting images here like I do in the Vivid thread.

But anyway, latest chapter pics, ahoy! >:3

Spoiler for Pics:

My thoughts of Force, so far? I'm interested in the semi-serious direction it's taking and I'm liking the new toys they bring, but I'm still far, far away from being even remotely comfortable with the Eclipse stuff. Anti-magic that simply multiplies any magical value by zero no matter the quantity (Esquire Huckebein can cancel the Arc-En-Ciel! THAT was the last straw.) simply reeks of cheapness that I just can't approve of it right now. The ECM (Anti-esper powers) concept in Zettai Karen Children is handled ten times better than the anti-magic development in the Nanohaverse, character development hundred times more. I know that it's a good opportunity of developing the creativeness of mages and for the development of technology, but why jump here immediately when we hardly ever seen anything or anybody be a serious threat to the protagonists without relying on the anti-magic plot device?

I'm reserving my judgment of the new protagonists for now, though I don't dislike what I see from them so far. Isis in particular is an actual competent and interesting character.

Force has been so-so so far. The manga actually giving Hayate a chance to show off as a valid threat even though she got shafted yet again is a nice little surprise. (Yes, yes. I know how utterly pathetic it sounds. But can you blame me? If the Nanoha PSP AU timeline didn't exist I'd be so sick and tired of hoping for anything to expect from Hayate and the Yagami-ke beyond this point. And that's putting it lightly.)

I'd still rather have the Aces' teen years explored rather than this, though. I love the adult Aces but I also want to see them grow during their adolescence. It's usually one of the most interesting periods in a person's life after all.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2011-05-05 at 00:02.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 23:41   Link #2012
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Highly advanced magical society and they still use floppy disks. Holy shit.
Old 2011-05-04, 23:57   Link #2013
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Looks interesting(aside of ridiculing the Wolks even more), it's an amusing turn of events, now let's hope the story keeps focused here, i'm pretty tired to see the Hucks takes the protagonism chapter after chapter. Time for some Tohma and Numbers i guess.

Also the era of Skynet is about to begin. Nanoha FORCE: Rise of the Machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
She Unisons with Touma ,cancels the berserk program and pretty much shows the finest example of a Unison being used to make things right. Sorry, Rein and Agito. Lily's feat is more impressive than anything I've seen from the two of you so far.
That's great, now Agito got downgraded into oblivion too, at least her lord won't be alone on the bench xDU

...gladly, Lily still fall short when compared with the epicness of "Destroyer of Worlds - Avatar of the Book of Darkness" and the infinitely touching "renaming ritual" scene accompanied by "Snow Rain" in the background.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-05-05 at 00:15.
Old 2011-05-05, 07:39   Link #2014
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
She Unisons with Touma, cancels the berserk program and pretty much shows the finest example of a Unison being used to make things right. Sorry, Rein and Agito. Lily's feat is more impressive than anything I've seen from the two of you so far.
Now that that's over, I wonder how whether the writer can handle the plot without tripping too many "wait, why don't you just send uber-boy there, it's not like your guns did much anyway" moments?

Quote:

April is the month for RAEP faces? We get one from Micaiah in Vivid too.
Still reminds me of Precia (including the sexy, to the detriment of my mental health ).

Quote:

Alpha 5 Army?
Begun, the Droid War has *Plays the Imperial March part of "Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale" as BGM*

Had this scene been presented at the very beginning, my thought would have been "oh please, don't screw this up!" Now? "Hmm, wonder how they'll screw this up"

Quote:
The ECM (Anti-esper powers) concept in Zettai Karen Children is handled ten times better than the anti-magic development in the Nanohaverse, character development hundred times more.
Well of course it is. Unlike Strikers and Force, where anti-magic is basically the writer's answer to "okay, how can I make it threatening to the heroes without starting a power level arms race, DBZ-style" question, Zettai Karen Children actually explores many aspect regarding the ECMs (powers, limitations, how some characters can actually cheat even the most powerful of those), the reason of it's existence (normal people doesn't want to be completely helpless against the rising number of espers), its usage (placing them on war machines, across populated areas, on prisons) and integrated them as part of the story from the very beginning...it's clear that the author of ZKC did much thought about it.

Quote:
I'd still rather have the Aces' teen years explored rather than this, though. I love the adult Aces but I also want to see them grow during their adolescence. It's usually one of the most interesting periods in a person's life after all.
Preach it, Brother!
Old 2011-05-05, 10:29   Link #2015
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

So Lily is kind of a Reverse Unison Device? Instead of powering Thoma up, she powers him down? Are they gonna stay perma-Unisoned until he turns into a blob of meat?
Old 2011-05-05, 11:25   Link #2016
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

Well of course it is. Unlike Strikers and Force, where anti-magic is basically the writer's answer to "okay, how can I make it threatening to the heroes without starting a power level arms race, DBZ-style" question, Zettai Karen Children actually explores many aspect regarding the ECMs (powers, limitations, how some characters can actually cheat even the most powerful of those), the reason of it's existence (normal people doesn't want to be completely helpless against the rising number of espers), its usage (placing them on war machines, across populated areas, on prisons)
you know all of those are used in Nanoha too right?

Quote:
and integrated them as part of the story from the very beginning...it's clear that the author of ZKC did much thought about it.
the main difference is that ZKC has the actual governement looking into "antimagic", with the espers being the villains (or future villains) that normals must defend against, while Nanoha take the opposite approach (so antimagick is explored by enemies, while anti anti magic explored by governement).

there is also the fact ZKC has more than one governement, which helps funding counter-counter-counter measures
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 11:34   Link #2017
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
you know all of those are used in Nanoha too right?
But not with the same level of detail and consistency. And like I said before, ZKC had anti-ESP from the very beginning, while Nanoha only had them circa StrikerS. For Tsuzuki, anti-magic was an afterthought. And I never recall AMF generators being deployed by the TSAB on vital areas to protect them from sudden mage rampages (there's been many jokes about Nanoha demolishing city blocks after being emo or drunk, but will it really be funny if it actually happen? all the collateral damage, all the casualties?) - the TSAB only leashes their mages - nor any statement of AMF's being used by TSAB warships or military bases.

Besides, at least ZKC espers has the decency to counter ECMs by figuring out new tricks for their powers instead of going "shit our ESP's no good, let's just use guns instead".
Old 2011-05-05, 11:39   Link #2018
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Besides, at least ZKC espers has the decency to counter ECMs by figuring out new tricks for their powers instead of going "shit our ESP's no good, let's just use guns instead".
Ok, now i'm interested, when i find the time i will give it a watch, sounds like a clever action show.

And yeah, it's sad that the heroes chickened out in front of Eclipse and abandon their enire powersets. Save for Fate and Subaru, everyone is walking blind into war with entirely new equipement, abandoning all what they learned before(still debatble with Subaru because the only thing she's doing so far is running onto people and breaking swords, at least she looks cool while doing it xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-05, 12:09   Link #2019
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
They're testing equipment so that the entire army will be able to fight anti-magic, they aren't just casually abandoning their weapons because they can't use them. Seriously... it's not that complicated of a thing, and it makes sense. The mainstream army is rapidly being outclassd when it comes to the anti-magic capabilities, to the point that even groups trained to deal with it have a hard time holding their own against ordinary Gadget Drones. If the villains continue to upgrade, eventually they won't be able to deal with them.

Along comes the Huckbeins, a group of enemies that have powerful enough anti-magic weaponry that even the Aces can't just blast through them. They need something to deal with them, and while the majority of them are probably powerful enough to use 5th generation equipment, it's likely a lot more draining on mages without an elemental convertor than the AEC stuff. Plus, this way they can use the AEC stuff in a combat situation, test them out, and make them better.

It's... perfectly logical that you don't just develop new things for a small subset of people to do. The variable bullet is difficult enough to teach, and these AEC stuff can be mass-produced. If you keep focusing just on the problems of the elite group, eventually the mass troops just aren't going to be keeping up with the equivalent on the enemy side, and you're in a really bad situation. Yes, it's not really fun to see them not rely on the devices they've used for years, but that's just how things go sometimes.

And there's... you know, the years of military combat training the cast presumably has had. Just because they aren't using the magical techniques doesn't mean they're flying blind.

Oh, anyone have a better picture of the Eclipse magic circle, now that we've got one under Lily we can kind of see better?
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 12:20   Link #2020
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Ok, now i'm interested, when i find the time i will give it a watch, sounds like a clever action show.
The manga continues beyond the shows ending, if you're thirsty for more.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force