AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-30, 04:51   Link #2801
calubin_175

That means it will be unlikely that we will see any of the Pormelia Class Assault Carriers again as they symbolise Garmilas's invasive power and coincidentally, one of the interviews suggests that the design must have been appropriated from a conquered civilisation due to its deviance from regular Garmilas crafts.

No more blue Imperial Guard as they resemble Titans from Zeta Gundam.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 08:51   Link #2802
FerrusManus

I would like to know how many Gamillas ships and garrisons are still out there. I don't think they summoned all ships to Balun for the review.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 12:06   Link #2803
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would hope they didn't summone everyone. They have a lot of frontier if their maps are even a random indicator of the size of the empire.

What we've seen so far suggests that each main system bases has a garrison, and each of those has one older battleship. Smaller bases have at least a heavy cruiser and some destroyers. Fleet bases would have a hundred or more ships if they are anything like the out of the way Pluto base.

Later series might have multi-color fleets as Dietz or maybe Dessler gather units from different branches and they don't bother to repaint at first. Typically they will be green, but you might find remains of the Imperial Guard fleet out there they were a coast guard like force). Maybe there are more purple ships as we didn't get that branch identified outside the one carrier and one battleship. Perhaps a red ship or two as they pick up prototype ships. And of course some camoflague painted ships fom Goer's command. I suppose it is also possible they have different shades of green for different regions, but that didn't seem like the case in the naval review. There was almost all green, with a few ships in camo, and the one red fleet battleship (as it was the prototype).
Old 2013-09-30, 13:53   Link #2804
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Just saw the final episode for myself, and wow, that's a finale.

Lots of teary moments, from Yuki's death, to Mamoru's true passing, and finally Okita's death and "rebirth" as the Yamato.

It's a bit awkward since we didn't really get to see much of their development at all over the series, but Makoto and Kato do make a nice couple.

*sigh* The staff just can't help reminding us of their epic failure in handling the Kodai/Yuki/Yamamoto love triangle; Yamamoto still can't be in the same room as Kodai and not give him stares of longing, and Kodai still isn't capable of acknowledging that she exists anymore.
For that matter, where's more HoshinaxYuria? The other couples get their spotlight, even the potential YamamotoxShinohara. Blah, I guess it's good enough (SORT OF) that they appeared next to each other in the final shots of the series.

And on that note, wish finally fulfilled. I can watch this series leave in peace now.

And I guess the two sub-character deckhands who got shot last episode really did die, because they don't appear with the rest of the cast in any of the final shots of the episode.

Now to wait about a year for the next entry in the Yamato 2199 title, and hopefully more Yamato after that.
Old 2013-09-30, 19:44   Link #2805
Vito
Asshole.

I forgot how much I hate shippers. Thanks for the reminder, Shinji103.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 21:27   Link #2806
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I always thought it be funny to see the people new to the series start shipping with the inclusion of so many more females that the orginal when there was only one for the most part.
Old 2013-09-30, 22:55   Link #2807
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I forgot how much I hate shippers. Thanks for the reminder, Shinji103.
Well that's too bad for you. I'm equally not fond of people who feel the need to make a cynical comment just to stretch out their own intolerance for the freedom of other fans' views of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I always thought it be funny to see the people new to the series start shipping with the inclusion of so many more females that the orginal when there was only one for the most part.
Um, for the record, I've been a Yamato fan for 23+ years now. So, uh, no. Not new to the series. I have a bunch of Yamato recorded on beta tape, for crying out loud. (though my beta deck is pretty much done for after all these years)

If you guys don't like how someone talks about the series, tough. Take it like a mature human being and don't flame them. There's a dozen different posts I've seen on Animesuki over the past month that I don't agree with. You don't see me going flametroll on them.
Old 2013-09-30, 23:51   Link #2808
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I didn't mean you I particular. I meant in general.

(Besides, this line pretty much means you were a fan from long ago anyway: "And on that note, wish finally fulfilled. I can watch this series leave in peace now. ")

Mainly to see new people come up with random ships and know they are wrong if they shipped Yuki or Kodai with anyone other than each other.
Old 2013-10-01, 02:57   Link #2809
MisaHayase

I'm very, very happy!

And I really enjoyed Yamato 2199.
I'm praying ... I really want to watch Comet Empire in 2014 *_*

I have nothing to complain Yamato 2199.
They kept the beautifull songs of the series, put
new characters, without losing the essence of Yamato.

Love the couple Kodai X Yuki , since my childhood

I'm a fan of Yamato since 1984
[here in Brazil was called "Star Blazers /Patrulha Estelar" in 80's ]

And I'm curious ...
What changes will still be made​​?
The character Kitano ( "Yamato - The new Voyager" ) is already part
crew Yamato 2199 (but appeared a few times)
So expect a lot of news in 2014 ...

ahhh , sorry for my bad english ^_^
MisaHayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 04:38   Link #2810
FerrusManus

I have a question about the guns mounted on the Gamillian fighters: are these weapons projectile firing autocannons and machine guns using pink tracers, or are they pulse lasers?
Old 2013-10-02, 11:04   Link #2811
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The sound would indicate energy weapons to me.
Old 2013-10-03, 03:09   Link #2812
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The overdue Battle Report for Celesticon 2013

The Battle of Gamilon
(A remake of the battles of Yamato: A New Voyage using information for Yamato 2199 up to episode 22)

I will put it in an image thing as it is long and full of pictures.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-10-03 at 03:34.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 22:31   Link #2813
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Farewell yamato was considered non canon later as it created so much rage that they actually did a new season and several movies that would chronologically come after it..
FYI, FAREWELL and YAMATO 2 were conceived at the same time; YAMATO 2 premiered on October 14, 1978 only three months after FAREWELL opened in theaters on July 14, 1978.
Old 2013-10-06, 12:43   Link #2814
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Today (for us at least) marks the 39th anniversary of Space Battleship Yamato.

Came out on October 6, 1974.
Old 2013-10-06, 14:01   Link #2815
Skidda

I have a question as a newcomer to the Yamato franchise.

I don't think it was explained why the Scheherazade crashed, is there a specific reason? I watched the original series and Kodai said it was attacked by the gamillians(english dubs) but it doesn't make sense to me.

Any insight from the veterans?
Skidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 14:13   Link #2816
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All I can think of that the ship came in way too fast and overheated in the Mars atmosphere. If its time from Neptune to Mars is to be believe (ten minutes)...the ship was coming in at something like 25 times the speed of light.
Old 2013-10-07, 06:09   Link #2817
calubin_175

Does anyone know how many fighters the Meltoria Class can hold? it is one of the few non-carrier ships to be able to do so. I don't think any of the 1st class battleships or the Gaiterol have a hangar.

Some sources said the Yamato season 2 main battleships have hangars, but the Playstation game book clearly says it differs from the Yamato due to the lack of carrying capacity and long range travel. The Andromeda definitely has a hangar.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 12:18   Link #2818
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not sure how many craft are in a Gamilas battlecruiser. We know at least one, and that the ship has a visable hanger under the after gun mount.

But then, aside from the specific multi-deck carriers at the Rainbow Cluster Battle, and Yamato, we don't know how many fighters any of the other carriers carry. That's one thing they've not listed in the mecha specifications. The Battle Carrier only lists the heavy bomber for the drill missile. It doesn't list any other fighters or how many it could hold normally. Nor is it specified which ship deployed the recon plane that was watching Yamato in episode 20. I'd assume the green carrier as it was closest, but we don't know.

Near the end when we saw three high speed carriers in Imperial Guard colors drop fighters from all their hanger doors, we saw at least 20 fighters drop out quickly (five per door). But we don't know if this is all they carry.
Old 2013-10-07, 12:45   Link #2819
FerrusManus

I guess most of the Gamillian ships have hangars, but they only carry shuttles or something like that.

Last edited by FerrusManus; 2013-10-07 at 13:11.
Old 2013-10-07, 14:34   Link #2820
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We might find out more when the Gamilas book come out later in the month.

But there was something I noticed. We didn't really see any standard Gamilas auxilary ships. Aside from the large people mover ship. We didn't see any freighters, transports, or tankers like we saw in the original series. We know they has some because they were mentioned as having arrived or delivered some items for various ships during Yamato 2199. Schultz's resupply with a Dessler Torpedo, or Frakken's resupply with probes for Celesteria's mission sre examples. Or however did Melda get back to Gamilas?

Another ship that was missing was the "high speed destroyer" seen in the old episode 15. It was the prominate ship that engaged Yamato before Dommel's fleet arrived and his fleet has several of them. The vessel was not seen in Yamato 2199. I suppose its role in the story was replaced by the Meltoria Class battlecruiser. The story were Yamato was in the dimentional rift was similar to the old episode 15 where Yamato encounters one Gamilas ship, but then the story changes to one of survival and cooperation, were the old verision of episode 15 continued on like te new version of episode 15, with Dommel's fleet engaging Yamato.

(source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=38375323)

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato