AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-03-08, 11:56   Link #7421
Blueberri
♫♪►♂♥♀◄

They should have a good min. wage, benefits, able to have transportation to and from work, and have insurance through work.
Blueberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 21:22   Link #7422
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Which manga/anime/LN series has the longest title?
Old 2014-03-09, 02:59   Link #7423
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Which manga/anime/LN series has the longest title?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...y-title-length

That's just light novels, though; I can't really find a definitive answer for manga and/or anime.
Old 2014-03-09, 04:37   Link #7424
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Now, that is extreme. Can't they just use something simple like "Chrome Shelled Regios"?

Also, when and and on which channel is Case Closed currently aired (in Japan)?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 11:21   Link #7425
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You mean Detective Conan?

It currently airs on Nippon Television Network System.
Old 2014-03-09, 22:19   Link #7426
Ryusiangel

I thought there is a medical thread but I can't find it not unless it's under a different name.
I have gasiritis and I'm not liking it one bit. How do people deal? My medicane is effective but not that much lately. I'm trying hard to stay away from nsaids. I crave for lemonade, pizza and those are bad for me.
I don't know when I will get to have those.
Also I have a love for orange juice last time I drank some I had this horrible gasitris pain :\

Will I ever get to enjoy my drinks and food?
Old 2014-03-09, 22:51   Link #7427
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusiangel View Post
I thought there is a medical thread but I can't find it not unless it's under a different name.
I have gasiritis and I'm not liking it one bit. How do people deal? My medicane is effective but not that much lately. I'm trying hard to stay away from nsaids. I crave for lemonade, pizza and those are bad for me.
I don't know when I will get to have those.
Also I have a love for orange juice last time I drank some I had this horrible gasitris pain :\

Will I ever get to enjoy my drinks and food?
Here's the medical thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=71863
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 05:36   Link #7428
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Anime score music related question. I forgot her name and I am trying to remember it.
This woman sings vocals opera-ish styled for anime soundtracks from series such as Black Cat, I can't really think of many other series at the moment. However I have a page from the soundtrack booklet so maybe someone can easily answer this for me as the name I need is behind Vocalist: ACCETTAMI.

Spoiler for size:

Just to update I found the singer. It was Yuri Kasahara I feel so happy now!
I wont forget it now!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 09:49   Link #7429
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What is Games for Windows? And will PC games on CDs/DVDs that still use Games for Windows still work?
Old 2014-03-11, 10:44   Link #7430
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
What is Games for Windows? And will PC games on CDs/DVDs that still use Games for Windows still work?
It's a now-discontinued certification program for games that includes integration with Windows Vista and Windows 7.

So, yes, Games for Windows titles should still be playable.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:18   Link #7431
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
There's a rumour that the system is being shutdown this summer which means that the online bits of the games who use the system would stop working. For some games that just means that the multiplayer is shutdown, for others who use the online activation features they turn useless.
Old 2014-03-11, 21:03   Link #7432
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
There's a rumour that the system is being shutdown this summer which means that the online bits of the games who use the system would stop working. For some games that just means that the multiplayer is shutdown, for others who use the online activation features they turn useless.
Isn't that limitation only applicable for Games for Windows - LIVE?
Old 2014-03-11, 23:11   Link #7433
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Isn't that limitation only applicable for Games for Windows - LIVE?
There's been no official word on if/when GFWL will be shut down (well, since the deleted Age of Empires Online support article). A lot of games that used to use GFWL have been patched and moved off the service (e.g. Bioshock 2, now using Steamworks for matchmaking), mainly as a result of the closure of the Games for Windows Live Marketplace back in August last year.
GFWL has basically been superseded by Xbox Live for Windows, but that's really only for Windows Store games on Windows 8 and 8.1.
At the core of things though, Games for Windows branded games that don't rely on Games for Windows Live services should still be OK (and thus far, GFWL games are still playable offline and online as far as I know, aside from how crappy the service generally is), though there may be a few exceptions (basically, anything got to do with online services and multiplayer). An example of this would be the original Company of Heroes game (Games for Windows certified, but doesn't use the Live service) - The original game used middleware for their online service, called Quazal, which was snapped up by Ubisoft. As it would result in the shutdown of online services for the game, a new version of the game was released on Steam, with online services migrated from Relic Online to Steamworks.
Old 2014-03-12, 07:36   Link #7434
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is there a way of writing a letter that will get the taxman off your back?

I have changed jobs and no longer fall in the taxable income range, but they keep sending me letters saying that I owe tithe to the God Emperor. I wrote 2 letters over the past 2 years to declare, and now they sent me the THIRD one.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 08:43   Link #7435
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

I have changed jobs and no longer fall in the taxable income range, but they keep sending me letters saying that I owe tithe to the God Emperor. I wrote 2 letters over the past 2 years to declare, and now they sent me the THIRD one.
Could you explain what the bold is about please? "God emperor" do we still have those..? Did we ever have those..?
Old 2014-03-12, 08:43   Link #7436
JokerD

Quote:

Well, you can try to call them and get a case number for them to look into your case. Else, check that you are not on any auto-filling service or have any taxes owned previously...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 08:59   Link #7437
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Could you explain what the bold is about please? "God emperor" do we still have those..? Did we ever have those..?
It is the local hobbyist community's term for this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Well, you can try to call them and get a case number for them to look into your case. Else, check that you are not on any auto-filling service or have any taxes owned previously...
I have already paid my dues. Not only that, the pension board also sent me a letter saying that I owe them money too despite me having a zero-sum balance, but I called them last year to clarify so I have no need to declare.

Did the government roll back their system or what?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-03-12, 09:05   Link #7438
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

How long does it take before an AS member gets Senior Member status?
Old 2014-03-12, 10:38   Link #7439
JokerD

Quote:
It is the local hobbyist community's term for this guy.

I have already paid my dues. Not only that, the pension board also sent me a letter saying that I owe them money too despite me having a zero-sum balance, but I called them last year to clarify so I have no need to declare.

Did the government roll back their system or what?
Tax and pension have different systems. That's odd, the pension people don't usually go after employees, only employers (and only on what they declare) did you try to pick up some government big shot's child or something to get them pissed at you?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 10:43   Link #7440
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Tax and pension have different systems. That's odd, the pension people don't usually go after employees, only employers (and only on what they declare) did you try to pick up some government big shot's child or something to get them pissed at you?
Do I look like I would do that kind of stuff? I am an upstanding, law-abiding citizen! Right down to the full support of 377A!

If you say employers, do "self-employed" count as one?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious