AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 04:14   Link #7461
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

In simpler terms, how does military mapping actually works?
Old 2014-04-11, 03:50   Link #7462
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I'd like to be smooth, and certain waiters can be difficult to work with. That said the review posted outside explicitly mentions their chinese menu, so they may be used to it.

I was going to post in the dating thread, but the question is not actually dating related.

I also don't know sichuanese dishes too well beyond Ma Po Doufu, so advice on that would also be good...
Not an answer to your question, but I just wanted to say best of luck. I'm all for good wooing tactics, but.. you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men.. so, hope it goes well
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 20:16   Link #7463
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I read an article somewhere on MSN where you can 'trick' your body into becoming well rested but is 'tricking' your body into being advisable? Are there ways where you can take a nap without it impede on your job? There are times where my brain is tired but I am wide after my eight hours of sleep and I need a nap. How useful are power naps? And how do you do them?
Old 2014-04-13, 11:18   Link #7464
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I read an article somewhere on MSN where you can 'trick' your body into becoming well rested but is 'tricking' your body into being advisable? Are there ways where you can take a nap without it impede on your job? There are times where my brain is tired but I am wide after my eight hours of sleep and I need a nap. How useful are power naps? And how do you do them?
Power naps are said to be very effective for people with sleep deprivation. It's studied quite well and from what I can tell, the results seem to be beneficial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_nap

The Mythbusters also did an episode on this, helped by two captains from Deadliest Catch. They simulated a work 'day' on a crab fishing boat (which can take up to 32 or so hours straight) first by staying awake all through the night and later by taking 20-minute power naps after 6 hours of work. The tests showed that staying awake made people sleepy, irritable and unfocused while taking power naps kept them focused and sharp, even though they hadn't had a proper sleep.

Just lie down, set your alarm at 20 minutes or so (at the very least at less than 30 minutes) and close your eyes. Even if you can't really get much sleep, if any at all, it should work.
Old 2014-04-13, 15:58   Link #7465
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Yeah sorry I was talking about orbiters, but that is fewer than I thought.

It seems I really can't find anything other than that...so just one...
Japan has one that failed it's approach and is scheduled to try again in 2015. Maybe this wikipedia page helps.
Old 2014-04-14, 11:26   Link #7466
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I'm moving away to live on campus for my college's life, anything I should bring or can I bring?
Old 2014-04-14, 14:10   Link #7467
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I'm moving away to live on campus for my college's life, anything I should bring or can I bring?
That really depends..

Are you on a meal plan? Do you cook? Play sports? Drink/ smoke pot? Get hungry late at night? Like eating while you study? Read before you go to sleep? Where are you going to college, specifically what country? What are the restrictions on what you're allowed to have in your dorms? Does your dorm have a student lounge or something where you can cook? Will you get a desk? Are you flying to college, taking a train, or driving? etc. etc. Elaborate a little

A lot of the stuff you will be able to get for cheap once you go to college, and that's usually a good option.

Here's what I got for myself in my dorm room in freshman year:

-mini fridge
-night lamp
-clothes hangars
-laundry basket
-a couple of large plastic containers ( BIG ones you can fit clothes, electronics, canned food; these come in handy), though you can always use your suitcases
- a couple of glasses
- a mug
- a couple of plates
- a set of basic cutlery ( dont forget to get a little dish soap)
- stuff like canned food, ramen, chips, etc.
- trash can, trash bags
- dust pan, and some sort of broom
- a couple of sponges
- fan
- bed sheets, pillow covers
- blanket
- speakers
- external hard disk(this one is important)
- power extension/ multi-plugs
- separate toiletries bag
- toothbrush holder, if you have a sink
- sports bag
- bicycle
- stock of pens, papers and other stationery
- a LOT of under clothing ( can't stress this one enough)
- bathroom slippers
- water boiler ( or a microwave if you have a little more money)
- coffee maker, if you don't like the instant stuff, and have a bit of cash
- and a lot of other stuff, that if I remember I'll add later

edit:
Old 2014-04-14, 14:33   Link #7468
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^more specifically

- I can cook, but will definitely depend primarily on take out and some cup noodle.
- I also frequently do late studying secession and reading book.
- No smoking habit, no sport but I do exercise and there fitness machine there provided in the dorm.
- I resides in New York City, most of my choice are either SUNY colleges or colleges from nearby state. So I'll primarily take train.
- Most dorm has a lounge and also a kitchen provided in the room.
- Restriction primarily will that I'll be living in a relatively small room sharing with a roommate. But some basic furniture like desk are provided from what I seem.
- I hate noises(when studying or sleeping) and I'm a clean freak.
Old 2014-04-14, 14:36   Link #7469
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
^more specifically

- I can cook, but will depend primarily on take out and some cup noodle.
- I also frequently do late studying secession and reading book.
- No smoking habit, no sport but I do exercise and there fitness machine there provided in the dorm.
- I resides in New York City, most of my choice are either SUNY colleges or colleges from nearby state. So I'll primarily take train.
- Most dorm has a lounge and also a kitchen provided in the room.
- Restriction primarily will that I'll be living in a relatively small room sharing with a roommate. But some basic furniture like desk are provided where I seem.
first thing you should do is to coordinate with your roommate so you guys dont buy the same things, and discuss what you guys want.
Old 2014-04-16, 22:22   Link #7470
jdennis007

I would suggest a coffee maker if one is not included since you do a lot of late night sessions.
Welcome to NY btw.
Old 2014-04-22, 17:05   Link #7471
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I know asked this before but when you ask them to hit and you make fun of them for not being able to do it to inspire them to it harder, what is it called? I know its mean but it is necessary to learn how to fight but still what is it called again?
Old 2014-04-23, 02:28   Link #7472
Seitsuki
Onee!

Reverse psychology?
Old 2014-04-23, 09:22   Link #7473
oompa loompa

Quote:
I know asked this before but when you ask them to hit and you make fun of them for not being able to do it to inspire them to it harder, what is it called? I know its mean but it is necessary to learn how to fight but still what is it called again?
negative reinforcement?
Old 2014-04-23, 14:10   Link #7474
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Drill Sergeant Nasty?

(I know the trope but not the actual term XP)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 17:20   Link #7475
careph

Quote:
I know asked this before but when you ask them to hit and you make fun of them for not being able to do it to inspire them to it harder, what is it called?
Masochism.
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:19   Link #7476
supermegasonic

do we have a general picture thread in the forum? like to post funny, interesting and whatnot kinda things? been searching with no success so far....
Old 2014-04-29, 16:35   Link #7477
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
do we have a general picture thread in the forum? like to post funny, interesting and whatnot kinda things? been searching with no success so far....
There are several "A day...." kind of threads, but we no longer allow any more similar topics to be created due to the spamming nature they promote.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...1774&page=1716

Use either this or a similar one you can find under very similar names.
Old 2014-04-29, 17:46   Link #7478
Tiberium Wolf

After read the manga drifters and the issue with firearms I thought a little and well if someone knows ingredients for the gunpowder it's easy to make depending how available they are.

Now the issue is if you want modern firearm and not muskets you need to be able to make modern ammo. And that is bullet+case+gunpowder+primer. The primer parts seems to be bitch to make.

So if someone wanted to make manually the today bullets they would be screwed at the primer?!
Old 2014-04-30, 06:15   Link #7479
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
After read the manga drifters and the issue with firearms I thought a little and well if someone knows ingredients for the gunpowder it's easy to make depending how available they are.

Now the issue is if you want modern firearm and not muskets you need to be able to make modern ammo. And that is bullet+case+gunpowder+primer. The primer parts seems to be bitch to make.

So if someone wanted to make manually the today bullets they would be screwed at the primer?!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 06:31   Link #7480
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Is there a pro wrestling discussion thread in Gen. Chat?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious