Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-09-20, 07:35   Link #6061
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Red GN particles are harmless, according to the info on the Gundam 00 World Report Book, which is official.

They're only harmful when in concentration, like is the case with beam weaponry, hence leading to Louise's case.

Note that green GN particles are also harmful in high doses
, like what happened with Ruido, Marlene and Chall from 00P.
Does it have the same effect as the red GN particles, as in altering the body's structure?
Old 2008-09-20, 07:51   Link #6062
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
From my impression, Fereshte wasn't even supposed to exist at all. It was only because of Chall Acoustica's work that they got permission from Veda to operate. And even then, they get like... 4 2nd Gen Gundams with only a single GN Drive to operate them?

By any standard, Fereshte wasn't meant to be a permanent addition to CB.
And imo, Fereshte is absolutely useless for a support group. They are supposed to support the main team but so far they do nothing when the main team really needs help. When main team got their ass kicked in the dessert, what did they do? Watching the battle and doing commentary. And during the final battle, what they did again? Watching Celestial Being's destruction and then commentary. Only picking up Kyrios's GN Drive is worth a mention, but then again, Sumeragi's Assault Container can did that anyway

Fon Spaak is also useless for a Gundam Meister. What he did in the entire manga is just speaking something like "do things yourself and in your own way" and then go WAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA every chapter. The whole Fereshte is really a bad idea and I'm surprised Veda even allows it to exist and wastes a GN Drive for them
Old 2008-09-20, 08:53   Link #6063
ElldenStorm

Anyways, all this talk of GN Alpha Drives and OO Gundam has got me thinking... What on EARTH could the OO Gundam need the 2^2 Power Output for?!?! Seriously!?

Gundam Exia, even in Trans-Am hardly depleted it's GN Particle Reserves in what could be consider a rapid period of time... Indeed, I think Exia has the longest Trans-Am endurance precisely because it uses soo few mass applications of GN Particle Technology, be they Beam Cannons or Beam Sabers. And while the Beam Sabers might have a more powerful and efficient cut in Trans-Am, there's really no need to put even more GN Particles into an ignited Beam saber...

It's armament is actually lighter I believe when compared to Exia, though I believe it's flexibility is even greater, with the following. (These are the armaments we know of thus far I assume)

2 x Hybrid GN Sword / Rifle Combination (allowing for a seamless transition from ranged to melee) (Combinable into a GN Lance / Double Ended Rifle?)
2 x GN Beam Sabers (down from the four available to Exia, lets face it sword / dagger is interchanable as they're mechanically idenentical weapons)
2 x combinable GN Shield / Katars (Can't wait to see this system in combat!)
2 x GN Particle Shields (Mounted in GN Conical Emitter Units)

vs' Exia's
1 x GN Long Sword / Rifle Combination
2 x GN Beam Phalanx
1 x GN Sword
1 x GN Short Sword
4 x GN Beam Saber / Dagger (Usually set to 2 daggers and 2 sabers)
1 x GN Shield
1 x GN Particle Shield (though we never saw it active, Exia has to have it for atmospheric re-entry, and considering each of the others also have it aswell.)

So... What could OO possible need 4 times the power and GN Particle generation of Exia for? I'm thinking we're in for one hell of a nasty surprise ontop of OO's swiss army knife array of weapons, uber GN Particle Shields and the Trans-Am from Hell! Afterall, it is the Gundam that is 'meant' to 'change the world.'
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 08:58   Link #6064
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
As of the recent chapter, 00F has yet to catch up to Season 2's timeline, and it's only been covering the actions of the world post-2308, but pre-2312 (aka the interim years).
They've been in 2312 for a while now
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 12:02   Link #6065
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Spoiler for duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude:

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude u write too much i think the double os main weapon is its speed, that bad boy is gonna be damn fast it will be so damn fast that no other mobile suit is gonna touch it but i hope they don't make it 2 damn strong coz i don't wanna c one sided gundam fights like they had in seed with kira and the freedom
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 12:41   Link #6066
gekido666

^
Quote:
Celestial Being, defeated from their battle with the UN Forces, collapsed, however a new Gundam was developed during the 4 year span, carrying out their comeback. The 00 Gundam is one of the newly developed Gundams, and its greatest feature is the twin drive system which is equipped with two solar furnaces. The basic design was entrusted by Aeolia around the same time as the Trans Am system. Despite having the two solar reactors, this doesn’t mean that it produces twice the amount of GN particles, but rather squared.
Jugding by this, 00 shouldn't be THAT fast. Leave it to Arios in terms of speed Since Kyrios was so far the fastest MS in 00, no doubt it's successor, Arios would top that.

It would ruin the idea of Arios having high speed mobility if 00 was meant to be faster.

Last edited by gekido666; 2008-09-20 at 13:00.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:08   Link #6067
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Yeah Arios is the fastest coz it made for hit and run type combat.00 i think was made to be a melee combat style. It GN-Sword II can transform to beam rifle to make easy transition between melee and range combat. I think Setsuna gonna throw his sword by combine it and act like boomerang.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:09   Link #6068
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Does it have the same effect as the red GN particles, as in altering the body's structure?
No harmful as in you get fried by a beam. The red GN beams have a type of radiation effect.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 13:55   Link #6069
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekido666 View Post
^

Jugding by this, 00 shouldn't be THAT fast. Leave it to Arios in terms of speed Since Kyrios was so far the fastest MS in 00, no doubt it's successor, Arios would top that.

It would ruin the idea of Arios having high speed mobility if 00 was meant to be faster.

so r u saying that arios will be faster then the double o which has 2 GN drives ? y else have 2 gn drives on the double o if it won't make it real fast will it like shoot a massive beam from its gn guns like wing zero lol i doubt that think i am gonna go with the speed idea i an't a gundam expert but wat the hec if i'm wrong then i'm wrong
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 14:10   Link #6070
gekido666

So what if 00 has 2 GN Drives? read what i've quoted again
Quote:
Despite having the two solar reactors, this doesn’t mean that it produces twice the amount of GN particles, but rather squared.
Got it?

And yes i am saying Arios will be faster than 00, that is Arios' main concept, HIGH SPEED MOBILITY. If you don't understand that, then fine If the director wants to ruin Arios' concept by making 00 faster, then he's proven himself to be a total dumbass as a director.

Just look at Seravee, do you think 00 will be firing huge beams like Seravee just because it uses 2 GN Drives?

The same applies to Arios, do you think 00 will be faster than Arios just because it uses 2 GN Drives?

All 4 Gundams have their own concept, and if 00 takes over Arios' concept, what is the purpose of Arios' concept then? Think about it.

Last edited by gekido666; 2008-09-20 at 14:23.
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 14:14   Link #6071
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
No harmful as in you get fried by a beam. The red GN beams have a type of radiation effect.
I guess I asked for that one, huh?
What I meant was that LoweGear seemed to imply that higher doses of green GN particles(normal ones, as in from the GN drive itself) give a similar effect to the red ones (beams and what not’s).
Old 2008-09-20, 14:28   Link #6072
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
I guess I asked for that one, huh?
What I meant was that LoweGear seemed to imply that higher doses of green GN particles(normal ones, as in from the GN drive itself) give a similar effect to the red ones (beams and what not’s).
Now to get serious. The Red GN Beams appear to have the after-effect of damaging/altering/stopping the natural regeneration of human cells effectively leaving them permanently scarred despite 00's advances in medical science. The green ones don't appear to have that effect.

In higher concentrations of GN Particles for weapons, they will always be beams.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 14:53   Link #6073
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

00 should be faster then Arios in space due to output being higher I would think. Arios in atmos would be faster due to MA shape :P
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 15:19   Link #6074
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
00 should be faster then Arios in space due to output being higher I would think. Arios in atmos would be faster due to MA shape :P
Higher output means longer runing time. Speed has to do more with design than output.
Old 2008-09-20, 17:58   Link #6075
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I think all of those gundam have their strong point, just wait and see them in action.Arios may evade shot directed at it while 00 just set up its GN shield,burst to get close to enemy and chop them good.Similar tactic apply when Exia and Virtue engaged the Thrones.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 20:35   Link #6076
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Arios = Speed?
00 = Mobility?

Just maybe
Old 2008-09-21, 01:40   Link #6077
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yes they do. Chall Acoustica originally had brown hair. However, her overexposure to green GN particles permanently made her hair white, and it's still white even into 2312.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
They've been in 2312 for a while now
Haven't seen the latest latest chapter, so yeah, as the ones providing us with 00F, I certainly believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
Now to get serious. The Red GN Beams appear to have the after-effect of damaging/altering/stopping the natural regeneration of human cells effectively leaving them permanently scarred despite 00's advances in medical science. The green ones don't appear to have that effect.

In higher concentrations of GN Particles for weapons, they will always be beams.
As I mentioned above in reply to Arabesque, green GN Particles do have that effect, as is the case with Chall. Louise simply had the misfortune of being near two GN beam blasts unprotected, hence the screw up to her arm.

It is an official fact that GN Particles, whether red or green by themselves are harmless. It's only in high doses and concentrations (like with beam weapons, or truly large dense sprays) that they're harmful.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 02:31   Link #6078
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

If I'm not mistaken isn't it low doses of green GN particle actually have healing effect? let's just say louise hand got shot by exia will it able to be regrown?
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 02:38   Link #6079
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
If I'm not mistaken isn't it low doses of green GN particle actually have healing effect? let's just say louise hand got shot by exia will it able to be regrown?
Where did that come from? I haven't seen any information of that sort.

Or are you watching, uh, Gurren Lagann?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 03:18   Link #6080
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
Plausible, but until we see something similar we can't be certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Where did that come from? I haven't seen any information of that sort.

Or are you watching, uh, Gurren Lagann?
IIRC there was a bit in 00F about Fon Spaak surviving the explosion of his neck collar because of green GN Particles, though I've yet to personally see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Harmful in concentration?
I don't think you can find a higher concentration anywhere but inside the GN drive itself. Therefore I think there should be some sideeffects for the pilots.
INSIDE the GN Drive... which itself is already shielded from the outside world. It's basically like how you can touch a nuclear reactor from outside a concrete wall, but would be toasted by radiation on the other side, or through an opening. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that the shielding on a GN Drive would be the heaviest for any part of the Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Besides: IMHO it could be possible for CB to build additional GN drives in the 4 years span. The voyage to Jupiter is really long, okay, but you have to consider, that the original constructors had to get there by conventional means. The current CB however already has working GN drives, and all the technology which comes along with it. And as we know GN powered vehicles are really fast (the Gundams can reach any place on Earth within a few hours), so it's very likely, that a GN drive powered spaceship would only need a few months to get to Jupiter. (If they still have the ressources is another matter).
Although, one would imagine that if they did have the capability to travel fast, then they'd already have gone to Jupiter by now, given 4 years.

Also, we don't know if they need only a few hours to get to any destination on Earth, since we're never given a good timeline for Gundams getting to and from their destinations. Coupled with the confirmed fact from 00V and the animation that the Gundams can be outrun by aircraft, aerial transforming MS and most spacecraft without specialized equipment, then I doubt a trip to Jupiter would only be a few months even for a GN Drive equipped MS or spacecraft.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers