AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 06:34   Link #1
Sides

Shining Blade [PSP]

Homepage: http://shining-world.jp/blade/

Basically a new Shining game from Sega. What is interesting it that it will be using a new combat system, that is similar to Valkyria Chronicles.
Release date is somewhere in 2012, for PSP. Character design is again, from Tony Taka.
Unfortunately no sound of an oversea release, so fire up your email accounts and start pestering SEGA EU or NA

No port begging please, although like most people I would like a PS3 version
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:30   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

Forget it. It's never going to come out in the West. Even Shining Hearts didn't make it, and that game looked great.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:29   Link #3
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Gameplay of shining heart was boring though. This one OTH looks interesting, or at least different. Looking forward to this. Any release date yet?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 01:09   Link #4
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

The video looked nice wonder how the game-play will be.
Old 2012-01-07, 18:59   Link #5
Key Board
Carbon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SzdVLgZvgAQ

New video

It seems that the main characters are once again Soul Bladers (see Shining Wind)

Reiji seems to be a Souma expy/descendant?

Yukihime is a sentient sword and Hayane Fubuki expy, which is in turn an expy of Blanche Neige

The other girl Maxima made a guest appearance in Shining Hearts. She's also a Soul Blader

edit: I noticed that Yukihime's outfit is Fubuki's with a different color palette.

edit2: It seems nearly everyone from previous games are back.. but under different names
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2012-01-07 at 19:13.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 19:42   Link #6
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I see that Mistral from Shining Hearts is making a return. I doubt this game will get localized, but if it does, It's on a purchase list for sure.
Old 2012-01-07, 21:56   Link #7
Key Board
Carbon

http://shining-world.jp/blade/chara/

several returning characters from past games
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-01-07, 23:19   Link #8
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Shining Hearts was good so I'll be waiting for this too...since it looks like it may beat the former...

March eh....around same period as Madoka...
Old 2012-01-07, 23:49   Link #9
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Thanks for the heads-up, Key Board.

The choice of reveals are pretty interesting to say the least... Xero's obviously not going to be listed immediately as part of the cast, but the exclusion of Mao/Souma is rather defined. Nevermind that all returning Tears characters has a name change going for them...

Can't help but suspect Xero did what he did to Ryuna with Elwing ( does she even need it? ) and Niege as well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2012-01-08 at 00:43.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 04:55   Link #10
Key Board
Carbon

unless I am mistaken, half of the Shining Tears cast were princesses

maybe they decided it's time to not use your real name

or maybe it's just an alternate world. This would be a rather boring answer, though.
Old 2012-01-08, 05:27   Link #11
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
or maybe it's just an alternate world. This would be a rather boring answer, though.
Yeah, possible answer too... considering that the Shining-verse does rely on the whole 'alternate world' concept. Hearts also expanded on that further considering that Maxima
Spoiler for Hearts:
So there's more than just 'End Earth' and the 'Normal Earth.'

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Spoiler for Shining Hearts:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-01-08, 19:43   Link #12
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Sakuya Maxima, her identity is....

Spoiler:

...... so yeah, Xero's entire family has no normal people.

Speaking of which, the top three box containing the main characters still have one empty box, who think the last main character would be Rona, who carries the other Yukihime?

BTW, where did the Tears character got name change? I don't see it.
Blanche just use her first name, Ryuna just use her Kanji name, Rana is also an other name Elwin had used in the past....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 21:38   Link #13
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
...... so yeah, Xero's entire family has no normal people.
Was Xion's(Xero) past actually clarified in Tears? I can't seem to remember much beyond the amnesia, twin rings and Xion's Berserker/Jesus SEED Mode.

And... I totally forgot that Elwyn had used a different name in the past. When she first found Xion, was it? >.>

Ryuna's name wasn't changed, but I kinda ignored that since well... she's kinda different anyway.

Old 2012-01-08, 21:55   Link #14
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Tears briefly explained who Xion's parents are. But more details is explained in Hearts and the art book.
His mother, Xenovia is a pure blooded witch, like Blanche's mother. Xenovia is also the very person who engineered Xion to the way he is.

Spoiler:

And his father Maxima is naturally not a normal person too, being related to Sakuya Maxima. And hopefully Blade would fully explain the relationship between them.

Speaking of family issue. When they are going to clean up Kariya and Kreha's lose plot threads?
Old 2012-01-08, 23:28   Link #15
Key Board
Carbon

what plot thread?

Kureha wants Kiriya in her panties and so does Sheena. And then they went back to the human world

Souma is still in the other world, presumably with Mao as his girlfriend if the anime is to be believed

Last edited by Key Board; 2012-01-08 at 23:41.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:21   Link #16
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The plot thread about Kureha's mother, and the Relic that was buried beneath their town.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-09, 06:40   Link #17
Key Board
Carbon

Ok, I didn't know that. Thanks.
I've only skimmed through the Shining Wind game and the anime obviously didn't say anything about that

but anyway, I'm guessing that "a relic did it" is the default answer for every question in this Universe?
every grand plot so far is proxy power struggle for relics?

Is the twin ring a relic?

How about the ability to draw soul blades? Was that also caused by a relic?
Old 2012-01-09, 07:06   Link #18
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Not necessarily. The Relics are just tools, the problems are the idiots that are after the Relic's power.
Or Xeroborus who were purposely trying to boot up Relics to create chaos. Technically, Xeroborus caused more problem than anyone else.

The twin ring is not a Relic. The Relics are those large vessel that take the form of certain lifeforms and serve as the container of super nature power. (Beast & Dragon in Tears. Sea Dragon & Elf & Human in Wind)

Soul Blade is different from Relic. On the other hand, Mikos are directly tied to Relics.
Just a note, Kiria and Kureha carries the blood line of both a Miko and Soul Blader. That is why their power is above average Miko and Soul Bladers.
Old 2012-01-09, 08:36   Link #19
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Alright, I see that this game will also have character interactions that could alter the relationship, but somehow the bigger number of characters kinda leads me to believe that there won't be character specific ending like few previous Shining games had. Or maybe not all of them are romancable. Anyone know any solid info about this?
Old 2012-01-09, 11:09   Link #20
KBTKaiser

I think the character specifics will be limited to the Loreleis.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psp, sega, shining blade, tony taka