AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 23:07   Link #201
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'll look into the Asus Transformer Infinity. The latest Android OS is pretty good? And the Asus Transformer Infinity can play different types of encoded video very well? Is the hardware very capable for a tablet (in terms of RAM, GPU, and CPU)? How does it stack up to the iPad 3?

Also, when did the Asus Transformer Infinity release? When is the next Asus tablet due out? End of this year? First half of 2013?
Old 2012-08-11, 00:29   Link #202
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'll look into the Asus Transformer Infinity. The latest Android OS is pretty good? And the Asus Transformer Infinity can play different types of encoded video very well? Is the hardware very capable for a tablet (in terms of RAM, GPU, and CPU)? How does it stack up to the iPad 3?

Also, when did the Asus Transformer Infinity release? When is the next Asus tablet due out? End of this year? First half of 2013?
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6036/a...tf700t-review/

The review is 2 months old, you're not seeing a refresh coming in for at least 8 months.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 07:40   Link #203
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
This restriction is not there for paying members. I just loaded both of the shows you mentioned on my iPad.
Would that be paying members or those that just have accounts since I can access those shows through the website with no problems, yet if I'm logged in through the app the shows are still missing from the list.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 21:25   Link #204
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So you don't have to be a paying member to get all of CRs shows on an iPad, you just have to log in?
Old 2012-08-11, 23:03   Link #205
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Would that be paying members or those that just have accounts since I can access those shows through the website with no problems, yet if I'm logged in through the app the shows are still missing from the list.
All I know is that I have every single show from CR on my iPad, but I am also a subscriber.
Old 2012-08-11, 23:42   Link #206
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
All I know is that I have every single show from CR on my iPad, but I am also a subscriber.
Would it be worth subscribing to them? I hear 1080p is upscaled. Is that true? Is 720p truly 720p through CR?
Old 2012-08-12, 06:10   Link #207
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Would it be worth subscribing to them? I hear 1080p is upscaled. Is that true? Is 720p truly 720p through CR?
It's a stream. It looks alright, but a well encoded 720p episode on your HDD looks cleaner.
Old 2012-08-12, 08:17   Link #208
demonix

Quote:
There's nothing on the comparison page that states that 18+ episodes are locked out on the app for non paying account holders, so it's either a glitch from using the app before I had an account or it's locked down for certain i devices unless you're using the workaround of going to the website since someone in the iOS app support thread said something along those lines.

Edit: I got around it by accessing the mobile site, bypassing the request to download the app, logged into my account, selected an episode of a series that isn't listed in the app, selected the click here to watch this video link and presto the app loaded and the requested episode played.
Old 2012-08-12, 20:11   Link #209
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
There's nothing on the comparison page that states that 18+ episodes are locked out on the app for non paying account holders, so it's either a glitch from using the app before I had an account or it's locked down for certain i devices unless you're using the workaround of going to the website since someone in the iOS app support thread said something along those lines.

Edit: I got around it by accessing the mobile site, bypassing the request to download the app, logged into my account, selected an episode of a series that isn't listed in the app, selected the click here to watch this video link and presto the app loaded and the requested episode played.
So do you need to be a subscriber in order to watch all of CR's catalog, or is this workaround you described the only way (without being a subscriber)?
Old 2012-08-13, 07:47   Link #210
demonix

Quote:
So do you need to be a subscriber in order to watch all of CR's catalog, or is this workaround you described the only way (without being a subscriber)?
You only need an account to watch everything that's available (including 18+ content) in whatever region you're in and a subscription isn't required unless you want HD streaming.

Apple has a restriction on mature content, so what you can view on the crunchyroll app (I don't know how problemchild does this since I doubt a paid subscription would lift such a restriction since apple wouldn't allow it even in a limited fashion) is limited, but you can get around that by using the procedure I've mentioned (it is mentioned in the crunchyroll forums).
Old 2012-08-13, 12:50   Link #211
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
You only need an account to watch everything that's available (including 18+ content) in whatever region you're in and a subscription isn't required unless you want HD streaming.

Apple has a restriction on mature content, so what you can view on the crunchyroll app (I don't know how problemchild does this since I doubt a paid subscription would lift such a restriction since apple wouldn't allow it even in a limited fashion) is limited, but you can get around that by using the procedure I've mentioned (it is mentioned in the crunchyroll forums).
So if I pay a fee every month, I don't have to use that procedure? That procedure is only for free accounts?

I might end up subscribing to CR. If I got a tablet that is 1080p (the Asus tablet) or I got a third generation iPad, which is definitely HD, would it be worth getting a subscription to CR for HD streaming to a tablet? I could also benefit from HD streaming on my PC for when I want to watch on PC, too. Would it be worth the small fee per month?
Old 2012-08-30, 14:05   Link #212
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The anime are both the same: if quality cannot be compromised, then going HD might be worthwhile if you can stream it quickly enough without it lagging. Otherwise, staying free and watching in SD is probably easier.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 15:33   Link #213
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Crunchyroll does not stream in 720p or 1080p on iDevices, including iPod, iPhone & iPad of any generation. It uses Apple's built-in player for adaptive streaming, which alters the quality based upon your internet connection. Even with a FTTH connection, I get macroblocking and edge-enhancement on titles. I am a subscriber.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote