AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 6 18.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 40.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-16, 15:42   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters - Episode 19 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 19.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-02-16, 16:34   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This Kud's centric episode was good. Similarly to Episode 8, they made a good depiction of Kud's quirks and complexes, along with the LB usual antics and friendship.
At least, there is a bit more baseball scenes, although they still are extremely stingy with the scenes related to them...

That being said, I'm... extremely puzzled by their decision into pulling a SASAMI centred episode, especially that late and after such Kud's episode... it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
They don't have luxury to waste time on some fillers already (which still happened a bit), but Sasami among all characters? Ugh...
Old 2013-02-16, 18:19   Link #3
Zankoku12

Eh,I hope I'm not the only who found the start of this ep very strange

And wow they have 8 seconds for actual baseball practice,I'm impressed Not to mention the team look pretty good too.
Anyway,the most obvious failure in this ep if the music's placement.They have been bad with this b4 but in this ep,it was so bad in too many scenes that it became hilarious.
That said,this is still one the better directing ep in term of plot(just leave it to J.C staff when it come to popular loli and tsundere)
Haruka's consideration for Kud at the end was a very nice touch as well.She really is mature and started to care for other people's feeling beside her own.

And talk about Haruka

Pretty sure Riki have the prefect view of her panties there,just saying
Old 2013-02-16, 21:20   Link #4
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
And talk about Haruka

Pretty sure Riki have the prefect view of her panties there,just saying
lol it seems they all do! I never knew Haruka was such an exhibitionist
Old 2013-02-16, 22:02   Link #5
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
lol it seems they all do! I never knew Haruka was such an exhibitionist
Given what she wore last episode at the end, are you really surprised?
Old 2013-02-16, 22:59   Link #6
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Given what she wore last episode at the end, are you really surprised?
Lol you got a point there
Old 2013-02-16, 23:01   Link #7
MCAL

Okay I gotta ask. Maybe I just found the sound track unmemorable, but all the sound tracks in the anime sound like they came from the VN. So what is everyone else seeing that I am not. The soundtrack seems to fit the atmosphere most of the time. Not always, but it has never been noticable.
Old 2013-02-16, 23:41   Link #8
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Kud is the best Little Buster. No competition.
I love everything about her!!

Komari being good at English was a surprise to me. Normally the ditzy types aren't...but I guess she's actually smart, academically.
Old 2013-02-16, 23:44   Link #9
Rising7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Okay I gotta ask. Maybe I just found the sound track unmemorable, but all the sound tracks in the anime sound like they came from the VN. So what is everyone else seeing that I am not. The soundtrack seems to fit the atmosphere most of the time. Not always, but it has never been noticable.
The main offender this ep seems to be when Kanata appears. The song, "Will & Wish" is her theme but she isn't the focus of that scene so it's kind of strange.

I was still feeling the last storyline so I liked seeing what Haruka does for Kud at the end. I'd also like to think her miracle grade is thanks to Kanata. And as has become the norm I liked seeing the whole gang pitch in to help Kud.
Old 2013-02-17, 05:47   Link #10
garbage

i kinda liked this episode,pacing and directing seems tighter, well as much as an amateur like me can say anyway enjoyed this much. Kud was great and yeah she is smart although kinda awkward in normal situations. I can relate much...

Gang coming together always gets me
Old 2013-02-17, 06:01   Link #11
Haiprbim
Banned

The episode was amazing, cannot wait to see the next episode. It will all be about... love. :D Changing from Comedy to Romantic Comedy now, eh?
Old 2013-02-17, 09:03   Link #12
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Kud being a doofus really only works when she has the rest of the Little Busters to bounce off of. The dynamic works well when they're with her, though. I was really concerned we had way too many "derp" girls in the mix, but so far things don't seem too unbalanced. It helps that Mio is back this week, and that Kuragaya is taking a more active role.

I'm guessing this was sort of like the episode where Haruka was butting heads with the disciplinary committee over a drink machine, in that we're introduced to one of the girls to get an idea of what her deal is, and we'll be getting back to her real arc later on. Based on what was said this week about her past, I still think her struggle will involve either the loss of her grandfather, or some circumstance that forces her to return to her other island nation.

I liked the music that played during the test, and also the lighter piano version of Kud's leitmotif that played in the library. I consider most of the soundtrack to be unremarkable, but there have been a few really nice songs in the past couple of weeks.

There was one pattern I'd noticed about all of the other girls so far, but I was hesitant to bring it up, because I was waiting to see if it would hold true for Kud. So far, it seems like it hasn't: All of the conflict in the previous girls' arcs related in some way to a sibling. Komari's passed away, Mio's was imaginary but still took her place, and Haruka's was estranged from her. In addition, we haven't seen Rin's arc, but we know she has a brother, and that he'll soon be leaving her behind. Really, that just leaves Kud and Kuragaya, and each seems to be an only child, but I can't help but wonder if the pattern will continue to hold.
Old 2013-02-17, 10:09   Link #13
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Kurugaya refers to herself when talking with Kud as onee-san. Problem solved.
Old 2013-02-17, 10:54   Link #14
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So we have a Kud-chan arc now after last week's episode... Wow, just wow!
Old 2013-02-17, 11:00   Link #15
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Kurugaya refers to herself when talking with Kud as onee-san. Problem solved.
Mind blown.
Old 2013-02-17, 15:06   Link #16
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I love Kud's autistic side. It's so adorable~!
Old 2013-02-17, 17:09   Link #17
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Very nice episode.

In some ways, I prefer these group-oriented episodes over the "specific girl's route" episodes. Because in these episodes, you get to see some funny character dynamics at play that you typically don't in the girl's routes episodes.

Kud was definitely the star of the show in this episode, and she didn't disappoint. But what I actually found must amusing was the scene where Mio plays a totally unflappable straightman to Haruka's comedian. Haruka trying so hard to provoke a reaction only to have Mio so easily blow her off was really funny to me, lol.

These little character interactions between atypical pairs or groups of characters is one of LB's greatest strengths, imo.
Old 2013-02-17, 17:35   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kud is so cute. I wasn't surprised to find out she skipped a class, I actually expected her to be even younger than that since she looks like an elementary schooler (it would probably depress her to hear that...).

I finally understand why she always wear that hat and that cape. I assume she finds Japan's climate cold since she used to live in a hot country. Until now, I had assumed she lived in Russia so that didn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But what I actually found must amusing was the scene where Mio plays a totally unflappable straightman to Haruka's comedian.
The way she completely ignored her in that scene coupled with her mysterious absence last week made me wonder if perhaps she hates Haruka's guts... but I must be reading too much into this.
Old 2013-02-17, 18:23   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The way she completely ignored her in that scene coupled with her mysterious absence last week made me wonder if perhaps she hates Haruka's guts... but I must be reading too much into this.
Well, Mio was there during Haruka's big confessional during Episode 17, and Mio did have one short line of comfort for Haruka (mild compared to the rest, admittedly). Mio said "We'd never think that." to the idea that the Little Busters actually hate Haruka.

Still, Mio and Haruka are two very different people with very different personalities, so it's possible that Haruka's antics annoy Mio sometimes.
Old 2013-02-17, 18:36   Link #20
mistress_kisara

Kud was very cute in this ep. And my notes are like Masato's almost everything is highlighted
Closed Thread