AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 20:34   Link #221
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Wow, just wow. I watched that episode with my mouth gaping open at the shock.

I had hoped for a happy ending, but after knowing the reason behind the postponement, I had to revise what I wanted for the ending. My prediction that Sekai would kill Makoto did come true after all, but I really didn't expect it to happen that. In fact, for a moment in the episode, I thought that wouldn't even happen after Makoto starting realizing that everything went wrong because of his selfish desires. The problem is that he went back to Kotonoha, which doesn't make much sense because before he said that being with Kotonoha is tiring and she doesn't relate to him as well as Sekai does.

Squirting ink instead of blood definitely looked weird though. Overall, I gave this series an 8, but the ending really went downhill. I think the appeal of this series was that it was so controversial and shocking. Each week, you'd never see what was going to happen and the producers always surprised me. I'd go through each week wondering what the hell would happen on School Days. I, for one, am looking forward to the special DVD endings. Hopefully, they'll be more satisfying. I'd rather have Makoto learn a lesson than see him die with no regrets. In fact, the game ending where Sekai kills Makoto is much more satisfying because Makoto actually gets a chance to talk.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:34   Link #222
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
Have you seen that at the very last end of that episode, we have special guests from Summerdays hentai game?

The sister of Otome.
The twin girls.
The girl blue haired.

So it appears it's a new school year which begins?

Strange...
Yes, a new year has begun. I assume the anime makers decided to give Kazuha, Futaba, Karen, and Ai (once again) a cameo appearance.

It seems that Makoto had such a bad reputation that his death didn't make people grieve too long. As for Sekai... Well, there was no more time to add stuff, I guess.

My thoughts on the episode-

For a finale, ignoring how twisted this show was compared to the game, was great. Disturbing and frightening, but amazing.

It was put together really well at the end, including the long E-mail with "Sayonara" at the end. At this point, I was hoping for them to play one of my favorite School Days game songs, "Kanashimi no Mukou". And they did! Boy, I rejoiced. Then they ended with the School Days game opening!

*clap* *clap*

Bravo!

A sad end where none of the main characters are alive (Kotonoha is a bit too insane to be considered "alive...), but still very exciting.

I shall wait for a overall thought thread.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-27, 20:35   Link #223
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I, Neki Ecko approves of this thread.

I have to tell you that I am satisfy with this ending except the Nice Boat with Makoto's head on it but he knows that you dont played with other people emotions, but I DONT felt bad for Sekai, I know that she tried to be a matchmaker at first, then her emotions got to her but as I look at it, it was a scene that made this series worthwhile and it isnt the end of Makoto life but it was that dream sequence with Sekai and all of those masked folks, they say none of this would happen if you didnt sit right beside him and trying to hook him up with Koto, and I believe that is moment that Sekai snapped and the rest is history, but next year AGP/SaiMOE is going to be very good. Speaking of that

*Off-topic* Do AS has something like AGP, SaiMOE, or SaiGAR around here, I know that we have alot of people and we can have our own tournment around here. But if we do have something like that already, just disgard this bottom part.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:38   Link #224
cheukkw

I just read some comments in a Chinese forum:

According to "2ch", there was a school days preview about two weeks ago which was more violent and bloody, especially the scene when Kotonoha killed Sekai. During the preview about three people vomited. (Since there was a preview I guess that is why some people was joking about "nice boat" )

If that is true, I can't wait until DVD version is out
Old 2007-09-27, 20:39   Link #225
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
I thought that wouldn't even happen after Makoto starting realizing that everything went wrong because of his selfish desires. The problem is that he went back to Kotonoha, which doesn't make much sense because before he said that being with Kotonoha is tiring and she doesn't relate to him as well as Sekai does.
It's actually very typical of harem anime, one moment the guy is with one girl, the next moment suddenly he goes to another
Old 2007-09-27, 20:39   Link #226
kamo

Does anyone think Kotonoha died too? She wasn't at school in the end. She could have just stayed on the boat forever to be with Makoto.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:40   Link #227
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
Does anyone think Kotonoha died too? She wasn't at school in the end. She could have just stayed on the boat forever to be with Makoto.
Given that it seems she'll probably never return to shore....... yeah, she'll probably die in the end.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:44   Link #228
CJL13
God of his own ego

After watching the subbed version it seems like they're trying to say that it's all Sekai's fault for driving Makoto to love her, and made up stuff to keep Makoto, that she deserved to die for killing an innocent victim of her doings. Bull****. Though we never had a test, I'm pretty sure Sekai's hormones didn't react to get her pregnant to try to keep Makoto. Another thing, WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?! I'm amazed Makoto's mom was never around, and what did Sekai's mom do when she went missing? If what is said about it skipping to the next semester is true, Kotohana must have been captured, and a little petal was placed on the cell phone as a memento, at the same time, it's like they were thinking, "It's sad, but it was bound to happen." Which is pretty much right.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:44   Link #229
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
*Off-topic* Do AS has something like AGP, SaiMOE, or SaiGAR around here, I know that we have alot of people and we can have our own tournment around here. But if we do have something like that already, just disgard this bottom part.
Nope, but I think we were brainstorming about doing an international moe tournament or something, but the logistics is a bit difficult. It's all in the Anime Saimoe Tournament thread under General Anime.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:46   Link #230
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A sad end where none of the main characters are alive (Kotonoha is a bit too insane to be considered "alive...)
Kotonoha sailing out alone is just a suicidal last sail. The result of 3 bad endings all comes together.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:47   Link #231
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
Yippee! I though it was a great ending. Perfect capper to the series. I woulda liked to see the un-edited murder scenes just to see how gruesome they really were, but I'll take what I got for now. I thought this ending was great. And for a moment I thought that Kotohona was gonna kiss the Makoto head on the Nice Boat. Now THAT woulda been something! Making out with a severed head.....HAHAHA.

And I think that Kotohona died eventually too. She looked all worn out and haggard like she'd been there for a while, and no one else was out on the boat with her. (besides shorty Makoto) She's already crazy, so something like sailing the boat didn't look like it was top priority anymore...
Old 2007-09-27, 20:47   Link #232
Kollunz

this ending is proof that god and divine judgment is REAL
Old 2007-09-27, 20:48   Link #233
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
If what is said about it skipping to the next semester is true, Kotohana must have been captured, and a little petal was placed on the cell phone as a memento, at the same time, it's like they were thinking, "It's sad, but it was bound to happen." Which is pretty much right.
That's stretching things a bit. I mean, you think Kotohana is captured because things are back to normal?

Also, putting a little petal next to a cell phone as a "memorial" is the craziest thing I've ever heard -_-
Old 2007-09-27, 20:53   Link #234
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
wow...... having watched this show without playing the game, I guess I don't share the same sick pleasure at watching the main characters get killed off or driven insane. I know that everyone said that it would happen, and after the delay it was apparent, but after that ending everything of redeeming value and decency in School Days was gone for me. Hopefully the DVDs have alternate endings of some sort...
Old 2007-09-27, 21:00   Link #235
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
the Nice Boat is sailing to France, to France I told you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
After watching the subbed version it seems like they're trying to say that it's all Sekai's fault for driving Makoto to love her, and made up stuff to keep Makoto, that she deserved to die for killing an innocent victim of her doings. Bull****. Though we never had a test, I'm pretty sure Sekai's hormones didn't react to get her pregnant to try to keep Makoto. Another thing, WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?! I'm amazed Makoto's mom was never around, and what did Sekai's mom do when she went missing? If what is said about it skipping to the next semester is true, Kotohana must have been captured, and a little petal was placed on the cell phone as a memento, at the same time, it's like they were thinking, "It's sad, but it was bound to happen." Which is pretty much right.
Nope, it just confirms that Sekai deserves to get butchered as much as Makoto. noone's innocent in SD
Old 2007-09-27, 21:01   Link #236
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
That's stretching things a bit. I mean, you think Kotohana is captured because things are back to normal?

Also, putting a little petal next to a cell phone as a "memorial" is the craziest thing I've ever heard -_-
Well something happened to her, she's not at school. We don't know exactly how the cell phone got there, but I doubt a whole new semester has started with no one knowing at least something happened to those 3.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:05   Link #237
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

Sekai died on the rooftop with a lot of blood and her corpse has been found or not?

Makoto's one certainly but we know nothing about it.
So who could have picked the cellphone of Makoto and put it on the rooftop if it's not Katsura (It's somebody who knows were they were having lunch).

2 possibilities:
  1. In the one hand, Kotonoha has put it on the rooftop after having washed the blood of Sekai, and then it stays like it until the next school years.
  2. On the other hand, Kotonoha is dead and somebody else would have found the cellphone in the nice boat with the head of Makoto.

Considering Kotonoha has no friends, it just can be the 1st one (It's somebody who knows were they were having lunch).

So in my opinion, Kotonoha is still alive.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:10   Link #238
bullrogg

this left a bitter taste in my mouth....but at least it went out with a bang...i guess...
Old 2007-09-27, 21:15   Link #239
Animeftwftl

Anyone know where to get the english subbed version? Has it even come out yet? ;\
Old 2007-09-27, 21:15   Link #240
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeftwftl View Post
Anyone know where to get the english subbed version? Has it even come out yet? ;\
Its out. its been out for about few hours now.