AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-04, 11:36   Link #81
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I predict murder.
Old 2009-02-04, 12:00   Link #82
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Kadokawa the biggest troll in the japanese publishing industry? From the look of things, we will have Touhou doujin anime episode 2 before Haruhi season 2 =D

Last edited by Sheba; 2009-02-04 at 12:23.
Old 2009-02-04, 12:57   Link #83
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Question: How reliable is j-cast?

Second Question: Would they actually tell the truth to j-cast before their magazine releases?

Third Question: Why troll at all? To sell the magazine? If so they may have gone too far. If not....perhaps the trolls are the doubters and those with an ax to grind already.

About six days until the magazine comes out. Eight to Nine days until Haruhi-chan comes out.
Old 2009-02-04, 14:55   Link #84
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Question: How reliable is j-cast?

Second Question: Would they actually tell the truth to j-cast before their magazine releases?

Third Question: Why troll at all? To sell the magazine? If so they may have gone too far. If not....perhaps the trolls are the doubters and those with an ax to grind already.

About six days until the magazine comes out. Eight to Nine days until Haruhi-chan comes out.
I can't tell you anything about J-cast since it is out of my knowledge, however they could have just given a "We don't comment about rumors" statement or something like that if they were going to indeed disclose Haruhi 2 in their coming magazine.

J-cast might be making stuff up, but Kadokawa saying to that they aren't going to release Haruhi 2 in April is just as bad publicity for their own magazine.

A "no comment" stance would certainly lead to more sells than a "no, there's no Haruhi 2" stance.

Just my opinion anyway.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:30   Link #85
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
A "no comment" stance would certainly lead to more sells than a "no, there's no Haruhi 2" stance.
Or maybe they just wanted to clear misinterpreted fan speculation ASAP. No major Japanese news outlet had the guts to come out and confirm what the CM supposedly hinted at. They all waited. ANN was, again, hiding behind their favorite word for anime speculations--"reportedly"--but feverish fans obviously didn't know how to follow the situation in a composed manner.
Of course, Kadokawa/NewType could have employed better wording, but even a rebroadcast announcement shouldn't be taken too lightly. It costs them money to rebroadcast an entire series (TV slots cost money), therefore they need a practical reason to go through it. At the very least, they could be planning a Haruhi Blu-ray release, although I'm basing this assumption on Kyoto Animation's third-party distributor's release patterns.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:43   Link #86
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Of course, Kadokawa/NewType could have employed better wording, but even a rebroadcast announcement shouldn't be taken too lightly. It costs them money to rebroadcast an entire series (TV slots cost money), therefore they need a practical reason to go through it. At the very least, they could be planning a Haruhi Blu-ray release, although I'm basing this assumption on Kyoto Animation's third-party distributor's release patterns.
Well, whatever the outcome is, I really hope for a Bluray release in the near future, that's the main reason why I never purchased the Haruhi DVDs, but we are about 3 years later and still no BD?

Since the launch of the PS3 I stopped buying DVDs, and just buy BD now, after going HD, is too hard to go back

Either way next (or earlier if it gets leaked on 2ch) we will know what are the contents of the magazine, looking forward to it.
Old 2009-02-04, 19:54   Link #87
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Sayounara, Haruhi.

Irasshaimase, K-On?
Old 2009-02-04, 20:05   Link #88
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember...we don't know yet.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:08   Link #89
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Remember...we don't know yet.
Yeah, that's why I put that question mark.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:27   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not just on K-On, but Haruhi as well. The fandom is going from a super high to a super low...yet there is no proof, one way or another, what this actually means.

We should have an answer in six days. After that we will have Haruhi-chan (and Nyoro~n) in another two or three days.

In the meantime we will have two more episodes of CLANNAD and I guess one more episode of Munto TV.
Old 2009-02-06, 03:09   Link #91
-Kh-
ポルカ

The March issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will reveal the staff for the "renewed" broadcast of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime series on February 10. In the first television run in 2006, the staff was listed as:

Director: Tatsuya Ishihara
Series Production Director: Yutaka Yamamoto
Super Director: "Haruhi Suzumiya"
Series Script Supervisors: "Haruhi Suzumiya to yukai na nakama-tachi"
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Shoko Ikeda
Art Director: Seiki Tamura
Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
Production: SOS Dan (member of SOS/SOS Brigade)

For the renewed broadcast of the same series, the staff list will be as follows:

Brigade Leader: "Haruhi Suzumiya"
Brigade Leader's Representative: Tatsuya Ishihara
Brigade Leader's Assistant: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Original Creator/Development Collaboration: Nagaru Tanigawa
Original Illustration: Noizi Ito
Character Design: Shoko Ikeda
Production Chief Director: Futoshi Nishiya
Art Director: Seiki Tamura
Series Script Supervisors: "Haruhi Suzumiya to yappari yukai na nakama-tachi"
Production: SOS Dan (member of SOS/SOS Brigade)

The renewed broadcast of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will start on Teletama and other television stations in April. Kadokawa Shoten already confirmed with the J-Cast News website earlier this week that this broadcast is a rebroadcast of the first series, and not a second season.

K-ON!

Kyoto Animation will also be listed on the animation production credits for the K-ON! television anime series. The K-ON! staff list will be as follows:

Director: Hisako Yamada (episode director on Clannad After Story, Lucky Star (OAV)
Series Script Supervisor: Reiko Yoshida (Kaikan Phrase, Maria Watches Over Us, Scrapped Princess)
Character Designer: Yukiko Horiguchi (Lucky Star, Lucky Star (OAV)
Art Director: Seiki Tamura (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Michiko to Hatchin)
Color Design: Akiyo Takeda (Air, Clannad, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Director of Photography: Rin Yamamoto (Clannad After Story)
Musical Instrument Design: Hiroyuki Takahashi (Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

The K-ON! cast list will be as follows:

Yui Hirasawa: Aki Toyosaki
Mio Akiyama: Yōko Hikasa
Ritsu Tainaka: Satomi Satou
Tsumigi Kotobuki: Minako Kotobuki
Sawako Yamanaka: Asami Sanada
Nodoka Manabe: Chie Tōdō
Ui Hirasawa: Madoka Yonezawa

ANN
Old 2009-02-06, 15:46   Link #92
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
...I consider Lucky Star a flop as a concept by the way. Not commercially though. Then again it seemed like it was doing everything possible to infuriate me at every turn and it's not at all the type of "comedy" I find funny or clever. That kind of goes for most Japanese style comedy though.
Thanks for that last sentence. I feel exactly the opposite: good Japanese comedy is at a higher level than almost all US (not British) comedy for me. And Lucky Star, while no masterpiece, was artistically successful, for me. Then again, I like Ichigo Mashimaro's comedy the best of all anime, so others' mileage may vary.

My belief is that KyoAni is on the way down since it gave in to its corporate nature and fired the comic genius Yamamoto Yutaka, the "series production director" of Haruhi and the director of the first four eps of Lucky Star -- as well as of the highly successful (commercially and artistically) Kannagi. But I am not one of the Munto naysayers: I think Munto2 is quite good.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-02-06, 16:50   Link #93
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
the "series production director" of Haruhi
What makes you think so?
Old 2009-02-06, 19:09   Link #94
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

maybe it's a reverse troll. They will actually broadcast the second season in April and everyone was told to deny this fact if asked by media. I mean, look at the staff, I wouldn't be surprised....
Old 2009-02-06, 19:43   Link #95
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm almost at the point of "meh, so what...." the first series was a nice product but hyping into the stratosphere just makes it impossible to meet expectations.
Old 2009-02-06, 21:12   Link #96
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm almost at the point of "meh, so what...." the first series was a nice product but hyping into the stratosphere just makes it impossible to meet expectations.
I wholeheartedly agree with this, even though I loved the first series enough to buy the first four novels.

The hype will certainly backfire, in some people's perspectives.
Old 2009-02-06, 23:06   Link #97
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My belief is that KyoAni is on the way down since it gave in to its corporate nature and fired the comic genius Yamamoto Yutaka, the "series production director" of Haruhi and the director of the first four eps of Lucky Star -- as well as of the highly successful (commercially and artistically) Kannagi. But I am not one of the Munto naysayers: I think Munto2 is quite good.
I thought Lucky Star was okay, but that Kannagi was far far better, so I also feel that Yamamoto's exit is KyoAni's lose. As for Munto... I'll have to see. I remember what I saw of the OVAs seeming horribly cliched.

Quote:
Yeah, I think this one is overhyped too - but I think the fact I realize that will allow me to go in with reasonable expectations.
Old 2009-02-07, 19:03   Link #98
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Yeah I really can't see Haruhi 2 living up to the hype period but I wouldn't mind being wrong.... anyway looking forward to new Munto material in a few weeks as well as K-ON! in Spring.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:11   Link #99
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Regarding the Kadokawa/Haruhi-S2 chaos, actually what Kadokawa said was only something along the line of "we decline to comment." Basically a reply you can expect from a company representative regarding any controversial issue, or effectively no reply at all.

But certain sites surely like to blow things out of proportion to attract traffic.

More details in one of my previous posts.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:14   Link #100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well...assuming translators and distributors are on the ball....I expect later news today.

Tags
studios