AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-09-21, 20:02   Link #1
aznndave

Send a message via ICQ to aznndave Send a message via AIM to aznndave Send a message via MSN to aznndave
mkv sub is showing but not styled

hello all, I used WMP to play mkv, even though the subtitle is showing but it's not in the format as it intended. I can tell because VLC shows a nicer render of the subtitle, however, subtitle wouldn't sync well with the audio if I use VLC to play. i have CCCP project codec pack installed. as well as CoreAVC for h264 rendering, it plays very smoothly.

another thing is i notice VLC uses Direct3D output when playing mkv, is there a way to make it use CoreAVC or even ffshow because Direct3D sucks
Old 2008-09-22, 01:21   Link #2
emptyeighty

VLC shows a nicer render of the subs?
First of all make sure you have the latest CCCP. Then go to CCCP settings, 2nd page, check reset settings and re-register filters, apply. Then test if it works in CCCP's MPC and Zoom. They can be found in Start -> Programs -> CCCP.
Old 2008-09-22, 09:24   Link #3
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznndave View Post
another thing is i notice VLC uses Direct3D output when playing mkv, is there a way to make it use CoreAVC or even ffshow because Direct3D sucks
direct3d is a video renderer, coreavc and ffdshow are decoders
vlc uses ffmpeg (same as ffdshow uses) for decoding
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-09-22, 10:45   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hmm, VLC usually renders the $hittiest version of subtitles...No style and no-frills...Sometimes they even overlap when 2 things are subbed on the screen at the same time...
Old 2008-09-22, 19:45   Link #5
Valk1317

Use MPC that came with CCCP. it has worked perfectly for every file i've collected over the past few years. simple fast and no bs.
Old 2008-09-22, 23:02   Link #6
aznndave

Send a message via ICQ to aznndave Send a message via AIM to aznndave Send a message via MSN to aznndave
This is Macross Frontier Episode 4

VLC
VLC render

WMP
Media Player Classic render

see the difference?
Old 2008-09-23, 05:33   Link #7
martino
makes no files now

Get CCCP?

blahbl;ahblah
Old 2008-09-23, 20:36   Link #8
aznndave

i have the latest installed
Old 2008-09-24, 06:07   Link #9
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Looks like it's either not loading or not using the embedded fonts for some reason. What's your system locale?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-09-24, 17:42   Link #10
aznndave

Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)

I need to set Chinese because lots of songs in iTunes are in Chinese & Japanese character... maybe this could be the problem?

edit: i just confirmed that locale is not the cause. I'm sorry I thought I had the latest CCCP installed... now the subtitle appears as intended. =p

Last edited by aznndave; 2008-09-24 at 17:59.