AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 21:45   Link #61
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for scan:
Off topic, but does the stuff in the lower left reveal whether the Hanasaku Iroha project will be a new series, OVA or film?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:45   Link #62
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
After seeing that scan, is it just me or does it appear that did PA Works suddenly decided to copy A-1/Kyoani in terms of "Chipmunk" designs. Because I'm SEVERELY disappointed (actually near raging) because I really HATE that kind of character design. I've always loved PA character designs, in particular True Tears and Hanasaku Iroha... but this? This just screams K-on clone #752 (in terms of designs).

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-10 at 22:57.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:56   Link #63
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Off topic, but does the stuff in the lower left reveal whether the Hanasaku Iroha project will be a new series, OVA or film?
I was curious myself, but the only new information is that all four heroines will be voiced by the same seiyuu.

Lovely image from Tari Tari. I'm curious who drew it as it doesn't look like Sekiguchi's style.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 03:31   Link #64
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
After seeing that scan, is it just me or does it appear that did PA Works suddenly decided to copy A-1/Kyoani in terms of "Chipmunk" designs. Because I'm SEVERELY disappointed (actually near raging) because I really HATE that kind of character design. I've always loved PA character designs, in particular True Tears and Hanasaku Iroha... but this? This just screams K-on clone #752 (in terms of designs).
Really?
I love the design on that scan..

Btw yeap, people that follow anime over years should know magazine spread can change everytime depend on who that drawing the spread. No big deal if the design looked different.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:29   Link #65
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I personally like those designs as well. I'll be looking forward to this one for sure.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 04:45   Link #66
Pocari_Sweat

To go from this and this to that... makes me very sad as they just looks like every other damn generic moe design I've seen from the likes of particularly A-1 Pictures. Mind me though as I'm quite picky when it comes to visuals in a "slice of life" medium as good visuals is one of the important that sets it apart from the rest as it's a very common genre .

I made no comment on the actual premise, characters, atmosphere, music and other factors since we either don't know, or we (at least I) are insured that P.A. Works produces works that are one or two cuts above the norm... and of anime original scripts no less (this is the studio's third SoL anime original after TT and HSI).
Old 2012-04-11, 05:06   Link #67
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

As for the story, it seems one of the three main heroines is praticising kyudo.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 10:49   Link #68
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Outline and character profiles:

This is an adolescent drama set on the island of Enoshima in the Kanagawa Prefecture. Wakana Sakai entered high school to focus on their music department, but her interest subsided after a certain event and now she's just a normal student. After becoming a 3rd year student and forming the Chorus Club with Miyamoto Konatsu and Okita Sawa, will music once again fill her heart?

Wakana Sakai: The only daughter of a souvenir shop owner. After her mother passed away, she lost all interest in music.

Miyamoto Konatsu: Wakana's classmate and a member of the vocals department. After her mistake in last year's performance, she's moved to take over the chorus.

Okita Sawa: Wakana's classmate and the daughter of a temple priest near the school. Her dream is to one day be a horse rider.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-04-11 at 11:33.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:55   Link #69
Pocari_Sweat

Adoscelent coming of age drama huh? Sounds very much like Hanasaku Iroha, which is a good thing for me. Just this time, we don't have Mari Okada to derail the structure with stupid perv or comedy antics ^_^''.

Hopefully the character designs aren't gonna be like one on the scans because seriously... they are a DOWNGRADE to what I'm use to for PA Works. Another was already the worst looking show by them, so I expect quality for this one.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:59   Link #70
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Adoscelent coming of age drama huh? Sounds very much like Hanasaku Iroha, which is a good thing for me. Just this time, we don't have Mari Okada to derail the structure with stupid perv or comedy antics ^_^''.

Hopefully the character designs aren't gonna be like one on the scans because seriously... they are a DOWNGRADE to what I'm use to for PA Works. Another was already the worst looking show by them, so I expect quality for this one.
As mentioned already, the promotional image shown is very likely to have been drawn by a different animator (the scan does not reveal credits). The character designer/chief animation director is the same as CANAAN and Hanasaku Iroha, Kanami Sekiguchi. It's quite possible that she was busy working on the series/Home Sweet Home and not this promotional image. One magazine image does not a series make.

Old 2012-04-11, 11:31   Link #71
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post

Okita Sawa: Wakana's classmate and the daughter of a temple near the school. Her dream is to one day be a horse rider.
What? Shouldn't it be "the daughter of a temple's priest" or something like that?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:35   Link #72
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What? Shouldn't it be "the daughter of a temple's priest" or something like that?
Correct. The original Japanese literally goes "A certain temple near the school's daughter." Similarly Wakana is "the daughter of a souvenir shop." Usually I catch myself on these changes, but I missed this one. Thank you for pointing it out.

Old 2012-04-11, 11:35   Link #73
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:

This is an adolescent drama set on the island of Enoshima in the Kanagawa Prefecture. Wakana Sakai entered high school to focus on their music department, but her interest subsided after a certain event and now she's just a normal student. After becoming a 3rd year student and forming the Chorus Club with Miyamoto Konatsu and Okita Sawa, will music once again fill her heart?
So it not only has a musical focus, but the music is central to the plot?

Sold. Waiting till Summer can't possibly be any longer.
Quote:
Wakana Sakai: The only daughter of a souvenir shop owner. After her mother passed away, she lost all interest in music.

Miyamoto Konatsu: Wakana's classmate and a member of the vocals department. After her mistake in last year's performance, she's moved to take over the chorus.

Okita Sawa: Wakana's classmate and the daughter of a temple near the school. Her dream is to one day be a horse rider.
Reading the profiles, I now realize that the first released concept art has reveled quite a lot about the main cast than I had originally thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Quote:
The only daughter of a souvenir shop owner.

Quote:
member of the vocals department

Quote:
dream is to one day be a horse rider
It's pretty neat to see go back and find out these things, shows that the artist had given it some thought into his work

It's strange though that they would leave Wakana's reasons for stopping being interested in music in the synopsis only to reveal it anyways in her character profile lol. In any case, Konatsu's story sounds like it has some very high potential to be very satisfying, while I'm not sure about how Okita's is going to tie into the general plot, but I guess I'll just to have to find out once it airs

Do they also confirm who is voicing who?
Old 2012-04-11, 11:41   Link #74
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
It's strange though that they would leave Wakana's reasons for stopping being interested in music in the synopsis only to reveal it anyways in her character profile lol.
Often in Japanese, you'll see "something" or "a certain thing." While in English, we clarify things like that in summaries, but Japanese assumes you know what's happening. Just a quirk of the language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Do they also confirm who is voicing who?
That was confirmed on the website when it first launched. Ayahi Takagaki voices Wakana, Asami Seto voices Miyamoto, and Saori Hayami voices Okita.

Old 2012-04-11, 11:48   Link #75
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
This is an adolescent drama set on the island of Enoshima in the Kanagawa Prefecture.
This quote makes me think as another Tsuritama, except with girls as the main characters and has music focus.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:58   Link #76
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Often in Japanese, you'll see "something" or "a certain thing." While in English, we clarify things like that in summaries, but Japanese assumes you know what's happening. Just a quirk of the language.
Ah right. I thought that the info about her mother's death was meant to be under tighter wraps going by my first impression from the summery, but if we are supposed to already know that about her, I suppose it would make sense for them to not be specific.
Quote:
That was confirmed on the website when it first launched. Ayahi Takagaki voices Wakana, Asami Seto voices Miyamoto, and Saori Hayami voices Okita.
Alright, just checking. Glad to know that Ayahi Takagaki and Asami Seto will be voicing the two with the more musical focus, though when all your seiyuu are musically experienced, it wasn't much of a worry to start with I suppose.
Old 2012-04-11, 14:14   Link #77
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:

Okita Sawa: Wakana's classmate and the daughter of a temple priest near the school. Her dream is to one day be a horse rider.
Ah ha .... finally some details, and I must admit that for me the story looks like my sort of thing.

I'll definitely be checking it out!
Old 2012-04-21, 08:55   Link #78
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Next month's Gangan JOKER will begin the serialization of the Tari Tari manga.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-04-23, 13:39   Link #79
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

As if I'm going to look at the tiny ad for Tari Tari.
Old 2012-04-25, 00:53   Link #80
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
As if I'm going to look at the tiny ad for Tari Tari.
Well considering I'm not following Amnesia ... I'm looking at that tiny ad instead

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works