AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 26 12.15%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-08, 21:20   Link #141
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

I actually thought Kirito looked adorable in white. I'm a little sad that we'll most likely not see that outfit again.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:21   Link #142
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The corridor crystals like Kirito used to send the bandit guild to prison, and was used in Griselda's murder arguably qualify as you can set the exit point anywhere and pass it through shared storage. But that requires an accomplice with whom you have a shared storage.
I guess the thing there is that you have to set the end point first. There isn't as far as I know a class of crystal where you can yell Teleport [character name] and have it beam you over to wherever that person is.

So while there is an anywhere crystal, it's only anywhere with setup steps attached (not sure either, but once you fix the out point on a crystal can it be changed?)
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:24   Link #143
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
So while there is an anywhere crystal, it's only anywhere with setup steps attached (not sure either, but once you fix the out point on a crystal can it be changed?)
Probably can be changed. We don't seem them used terribly often so they're likely rare as hell, or expensive to purchase. And since most MMO's love the whole time-sink travel issue, it's likely not a very common item.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:32   Link #144
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Probably can be changed. We don't seem them used terribly often so they're likely rare as hell, or expensive to purchase. And since most MMO's love the whole time-sink travel issue, it's likely not a very common item.
All crystals are expensive. Understandable given that they let you do things like instantly heal yourself to full, or teleport out of a dangerous area. That's why we keep seeing Kirito walking back to town, instead of teleporting. Technically he can afford it, but as a general rule players don't use a crystal unless they really need to.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:34   Link #145
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Best episode Thus far

though it was sad that Godfrey died .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-09-08 at 21:52.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:35   Link #146
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
All crystals are expensive. Understandable given that they let you do things like instantly heal yourself to full, or teleport out of a dangerous area. That's why we keep seeing Kirito walking back to town, instead of teleporting. Technically he can afford it, but as a general rule players don't use a crystal unless they really need to.
IE: He couldn't afford it very long if he used it every time. In general, you get rich by not wasting money.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:41   Link #147
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
IE: He couldn't afford it very long if he used it every time. In general, you get rich by not wasting money.
True, besides, Kirito is a wise spender, he spends money to things that are more important like weapons, if has crystals he'll only use them for emergency... Look at his reaction when he was at Asuna's house told the value of her stuffs....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:47   Link #148
Kmos

From what I saw of this episode, Kirito made two mistakes. One, turning over potions/crystals is the most obvious one. What Godfrey wanted to do was good but in a game where you die when you die in an open pvp world it's a bad move to remove potions/crystals. Two, proposing after one night with a girl. Then again she saved him and he proposed afterward anyways and she accepted. Can't shake the feeling it's because of his first lay though.

I thought all potions were a regenerative form, not instant heal, Asuna's pot was a full heal. Good thing she stalks well to save Kirito. Nice weaponless killing blow from Kirito and Asuna's activation thing at home, I kind of have an idea of what it might be from the other anime. I could be wrong. Phew, that's two close calls in 2 days? and he gets some in the end. Kirito, you game good.

I would say the Kirito x Asuna relationship wasn't too fast in a show that just lurches forward in time so. Their frequent meetings in episodes compared to Sacchi, Silica, Lizabeth, in any show is basically 'shipping' them. Though it didn't help when all the Asuna anticipation posts started from the first episode's thread, my fault for reading forums if I want to truly go in fresh. Honestly, (loving) relationships can start up for any reason, small to big, good to bad. People just prefer slow and good. If you want to say the pairing was too fast then you can attribute it to the rescuer and rescuee kind of a start. (and 2nd page is where I stopped reading this thread)
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:51   Link #149
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
I thought all potions were a regenerative form, not instant heal, Asuna's pot was a full heal. Good thing she stalks well to save Kirito.
It was a healing crystal, not a potion.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:51   Link #150
HandofFate

Quote:

I thought all potions were a regenerative form, not instant heal, Asuna's pot was a full heal. )
Asuna used a crystal, not a potion. Crystals are pretty much the closest thing to magic the world of SAO has.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:51   Link #151
Kamui04

Quote:
I thought all potions were a regenerative form, not instant heal, Asuna's pot was a full heal. Good thing she stalks well to save Kirito. Nice weaponless killing blow from Kirito and Asuna's activation thing at home, I kind of have an idea of what it might be from the other anime. I could be wrong. Phew, that's two close calls in 2 days? and he gets some in the end. Kirito, you game good.
Asuna used a healing crystal which seems to be instantaneous vs a potion. Crystals in SAO are the only things that work like "magic".
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:52   Link #152
HandofFate

beat you
Old 2012-09-08, 21:57   Link #153
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
beat you
Hmmm... I think Clarste is the real winner here when it comes to prompt response.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 22:06   Link #154
Sumeragi
Banned

I admit all the deleted posts in the beginning were the most entertaining part of this thread.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 22:15   Link #155
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Best episode so far. Action, drama, romance. All perfect.
Old 2012-09-08, 22:19   Link #156
dark998

Damn, Heathcliff is even more overpowered than Kirito, how did he managed to dodge and counter in a split second? Something is fishy here.

Duel saw nice, Kirito killing Kuradeel was surprising and those development scenes with Asuna were the absolute highlight this week. Especially that development near the end, with Asuna stripping to her undies, then naked under the sheets and finally: Kirito's proposal. Extra scene in the BD would be ok.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 22:26   Link #157
Jerseykid

Heathcliff used the brain burst program
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 22:35   Link #158
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
I guess it's more how they're fawning over each other really. In a war-like setting, I wouldn't expect people to get together for love. Much less go on dates (although you technically can in SAO).
Back in WWII, a ton of American pilots came home with British wives -- they'd bomb the hell out of Germany during the day and go out at night. Nobody can live on a battlefield 24/7 for two years straight.

A major theme throughout the series has been the way people adapt to Aincrad and come to accept it as reality. Just a couple episodes back, Kirito and Asuna were discussing how there are only 500 frontline fighters left -- and not because of casualties, but because people are getting burned out fighting and decide to go buy a house somewhere and settle down for a normal life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
In any case, that was an enjoyable episode. It really makes me wonder if Asuna always looks at the map to keep track of Kirito's location in every chance she gets.
Not just Kirito -- remember when she showed up at Liz's shop she was all, "OMG, I tried to find you on the map last night and you weren't anywhere around!" Asuna's just that type of girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Apologies if someone has covered this, but did anyone else find it out of character that Kirito has just killed a man for the first time, and instead of shock and remorse he has an "I'm going to Disney World!!" moment and kisses his girlfriend? It's not that Kuradeel wasn't a terrible person (and a terrible Scooby Doo caliber villain, too) but the point is, Kirito isn't a terrible person - shouldn't he feel great distresss about what just happened?
I didn't get that sense at all. They were clearly devastated by what happened and needed to take comfort in each other. That wasn't a, "Hey baby, you're hot, wanna go make out," kiss but a, "Holy crap, that's the second time I almost died this week and it's only Monday," kiss.

Quote:
From what I saw of this episode, Kirito made two mistakes. One, turning over potions/crystals is the most obvious one. What Godfrey wanted to do was good but in a game where you die when you die in an open pvp world it's a bad move to remove potions/crystals. Two, proposing after one night with a girl. Then again she saved him and he proposed afterward anyways and she accepted. Can't shake the feeling it's because of his first lay though.
Let's be fair -- she's also one helluva good cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I admit all the deleted posts in the beginning were the most entertaining part of this thread.
Wow, the spoiler threads are going to be dead for a couple days.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 22:50   Link #159
Krono

Looking back through:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
Also, Kayaba maybe a bad guy, but he made damn sure sex was simulated, didn't he?
All told, Kayaba's pretty nice as far as villains go. Sure he's trapped them all in a death game, but the game is a reasonably fairly balanced, and bug free MMORPG. The standard rules to prevent harassment and griefing in towns apply. They don't have a real sense of pain in game, they need to eat, but they don't need to go to the bathroom, and while the easiest to get food is bland, you can get tastier stuff with some effort, which isn't all that different from real life. If you don't mind letting whether or not you get out of the game be determined by other people, you can spend most of your time in town as a support class, or spend your days going out into the fields around starter city, kill just enough monsters to pay for food and rent, and spend the rest of your time loitering around the opened cities. And as we see this episode, he went the extra mile, and probably broke a few more laws in the process, to ensure that people would still have the option for intimacy.

Of course, the flip side of that is that he's a very successful villain. They've been his prisoners for nearly two years, with a death toll in the thousands, and the authorities have apparently been helpless to affect anything.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 23:20   Link #160
Dark Wing

you know what after this episode I'm surprised no one made any Shining Finger jokes...