AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 01:50   Link #1
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Feel good/slice of life anime with plot?

So I wont go into many details but I could really use a nice "feel good" (maybe with some slice of life thrown in) anime right now. The first thing that always pops into my mind when I just need to "loose" myself in a nice "feel good" anime is Aria, but from what I remember about Aria the one thing it kind of lacked was a sort of solid core plot. Some big baddy to fight against or something. I know that that combo maybe isn't the most common, but I'm hoping you all can throw something my way that may fit.

I can't really list any anime I've seen that may be similar to what I'm looking for because I can't really think of any off the top of my head... there is always like something "wrong" with an example. Like a thought was Clannad without the sadness. But is there that strong a plot in that in a sense?

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 02:33   Link #2
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

My highest suggestion would probably be Kobato. it's a VERY feel good series with SoL, and story behind it (though no "big bad").

Then maybe Seirei no Moribito? It's a fantasy series that's general feel good with some SoL times due to how the story progresses, and does have some action/villains to it.

Rinne no Lagrange mecha/action and has good of SoL times to it, general feel good I'd say.

More like Clannad, but less sadness, while still having a midly focused (non-big bad) story to them: Toradora! and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

And final suggestions any of the Precure series along with Cardcaptor Sakura fit this a lot, if you'd be willing touch either of them .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 06:15   Link #3
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

if you want a feel good anime then Sket dance is the best anime i can think of, it is very hilarious, great characters, and it can also make your eyes teary at times and definately feel good

EDIT: ah, sorry forgot this before, Natsume Yuujinchou shi , great slice of life, with very unique plot

Last edited by mystogan; 2013-02-21 at 10:59.
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 06:42   Link #4
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Here's what comes to mind:

Cross Game: now the first episode is a downer but the following 49 are all about getting over it and there's some real feel good moments in there,there is a main plot that involves baseball and there's antagonists (though only one real "big bad") but since it's so long it can have SoL episodes that don't involve baseball at all.

Summer Wars: some downer moments in this movie as well but in the end you're left feeling good,there's sort of 2 sides to the movie, a part is about a a girl asking a guy to pretend they're dating as they visit her family for the weekend and there's some nice "SoL moments" in there as well as a plot that involves saving japan from a computer virus.Trailer here

Chihayafuru: a feel good sports series, now I knew nothing about Karuta coming into the show but it does a good job explaining the rules and now the matches have me on the edge of my seat.

Kobato I'll second this one, now as you start watching it you might wonder what the plot actually is as it's rather episodic in the first half but the second half is basically one big single arc.

Tari Tari: not too sure about this one,some drama but in the end it is a feel good show,however the plot might be a bit to loose compared to what you're looking for,though it does a have a main storyline as well as a "big bad" late in the series.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:23   Link #5
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll take a closer look at some of them. From just a quick glance though I'm wondering if I'm just not really sure if what I said is what I'm really looking for heh. Like I'm really not wanting any romance elements, and quite a few of those have those (or are tagged that when I look them up).

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 19:20   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'll second Chihayafuru and Cross Game

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 21:28   Link #7
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Thanks for the suggestions and I'll take a closer look at some of them. From just a quick glance though I'm wondering if I'm just not really sure if what I said is what I'm really looking for heh. Like I'm really not wanting any romance elements, and quite a few of those have those (or are tagged that when I look them up).
Well I can only speak for myself but that's a coincidence, I really wasn't thinking about romance

If I had to rate it from most to least I'd go:

-Kobato: plays a big part though the main story isn't all about romance.
-Cross Game: plays a big part but there's more to the story than just romance and the anime is never "in your face" with it (there's no cliché confession scene or anything like that)
-Summer Wars: There's a romance subplot but it's really just that,a subplot
-Chihayafuru:Well there is a love triangle and there's definitely shippers but the main character has no interest in romance so far so it's gone nowhere in 30 episodes.
-Tari Tari: a very very tiny romance subplot,blink and you'll miss it.

I'll add in Sora no Woto, no romance in that one, it does take more than half the show to get the plot going and for the "big bad" to show up and there's some downer moments here and there but ultimatly it is a feel good anime I think.
Old 2013-02-22, 04:59   Link #8
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
both the series i suggested does not have romance in them
Old 2013-02-22, 05:15   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You sir need more Cross Game in your life.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 06:27   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Of the ones I listed Toradora! and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo have romance elements, the others do not really.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 08:28   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The only "true" slice-of-life show that I have watched recently is Showa Monogatari, which follows a lower-middle-class family during 1964, when the Olympics came to Japan. The three children each have a tendentious relationship with their father. Some episodes are funny, some more dramatic.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote