Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 03:29   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

[PS3] Atelier Shallie ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sea~

New Atelier game announced, it will be the 16th installment in the series, and third chapter of the Dusk series. Release date in Japan: June 26 postponed to July 17.

There will be two heroines, Shallistera (Shallie) voiced by Koiwai Kotori (Iwai in Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, Renge in Non Non Biyori) and Shallotte, voiced by Uesaka Sumire (Dekomori in Chuunibyou, Erbia in Outbreak Company).
The director will be the same of Atelier Rorona and Totori, so the game might be more on the ecchi side if compared to Ayesha and Escha & Logy.

Additional infos about the two heroines (source: Gematsu):

Quote:
Shallistera

A 16 year-old alchemist, 155cm, blood type A. She comes from a family that protects an ancient alchemic relic. She became head of the family after their death and must find a way to save her hometown which is on the verge of life and death. She sets out on her journey to the oasis town Strard (ステラード).

Her story: A story about the mystery of the world draws near. A story about the heart of dusk draws near. A story about the growth of a brave and diligent young girl.

Shallotte Elminus

An 18 year-old, sub-par and poor alchemist, 166cm, blood type B. She runs Atelier on behalf of her late father in Strard (ステラード). However, she lacks aptitude and experience so she’s kind of a knock-off alchemist.

Her story: A story about an adventurous and ordinary comedy chick. A story about a seemingly life-sized “Atelier.” A story about the growth of a reckless and straightforward young girl.
Trailer:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2014-04-07 at 02:32.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 03:38   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Day 1 if it ever comes here. I just wish Koei will handle the localization better. There were a bunch of error in their translations in item's property and description, and a lot of text go over the text box.
Old 2014-03-26, 06:53   Link #3
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Oooo, are we going to have these two heroines going on adventures together? What a rare opportunity!
Old 2014-03-26, 07:04   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Oooo, are we going to have these two heroines going on adventures together? What a rare opportunity!
Old 2014-03-27, 20:47   Link #5
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Shallistera (Shallie) voiced by Koiwai Kotori (Iwai in Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, Renge in Non Non Biyori)
Ooh, I already liked her character design, and now I'm going to like her voice, too. This bodes well.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 09:30   Link #6
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I am still wondering what Shallie hold

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:56   Link #7
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I am still wondering what Shallie hold
From these pictures:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...mages-revealed

...I think it's a bell?
Old 2014-04-14, 06:56   Link #8
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Main site has been opened.

You can listen to the 4 sample BGM on the main site. I can see buying this game for just the BGM alone is worth it. Also, the 3D model in characters section actually made me go "wut?", since I thought they are 2D artwork instead.
Old 2014-04-28, 05:43   Link #9
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sorry for double posting, but they have reveal more characters. The returning of Solle Grumman is also one I welcome.

Quote:
Solle Grumman

Quote:

Jurie Crotze

Quote:
Miruca Crotze

A LOLI WITH A PILE BUNKER! DAY 1 PURCHASE RIGHT HERE!
Old 2014-04-28, 05:55   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

How does she even hold that thing.

Doesn't matter! I can show her how to use it!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 06:14   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You don't question a loli's strength. Ever.

Also, the mainsite is updated with the 5th BGM.
Old 2014-06-06, 14:53   Link #12
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Several new videos came out in the last period, showing the game dynamics. There seem to be some news this year, particularly as far as time management is concerned. From what I've gathered it's been radically changed and the majority of the japanese fanbase isn't particularly happy about it. Can't say much more than this since informations are still vague and scattered all around (besides the game won't come out before 40 days).
By the way, it turns out that Wilbell is Shallotte's teacher!

Now for some videos

Spoiler for Game mechanics:

Spoiler for Battle:

Spoiler for Boss battle:

Spoiler for Misc:
Old 2014-06-12, 05:33   Link #13
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

They have released the OP

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's just beautiful.
Old 2014-07-01, 04:35   Link #14
tsunade666

^is that willbell? or another new witch? the hairstyle and witch hat kinda reminds me of her though the design of witch hat is different.
Old 2014-07-24, 05:36   Link #15
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 13:15   Link #16
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Just finished Shallistera's story.

Spoiler for Ending+:
Old 2014-10-20, 10:24   Link #17
defki

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/...103424/photo/1

Well localization was confirmed on Twitter for 2015.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 07:37   Link #18
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... the Vita version comes out days... this version comes with all DLC.

As someone who played and finished Ayesha and Excha/Logy, I have a question for hose who have played this: Does Shallie delve more on how the Dusk is ending their world and more or less give a satisfying conclusion to the Dusk Trilogy?

As much as I liked the first 2 Dusk games, my only complaint was that for a world that was essentially dying, there was a certain distinct lack of gravitas for the whole thing. For as Ayesha focused more on finding Nio and learning what an Alchemist is and how Escha/Logy focused more on keeping their dying region going while investigating ruins, both games never really delved much on the lore and history of the Dusk which I found a very interesting background to the whole story arc. I know I know as someone who's been playing Atelier games since the PS2 era story was never ever a main selling point in this series, but this is the first time this series got me engaged in an underlying story.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 09:40   Link #19
The Green One

My understanding was is that it was generally accepted that the world was dying, it was past the point of no return and it was just merely a matter of time thanks to humans wasteful and shortsighted policies steadily destroying the world by damaging the land and destroying resources thanks to misuse of Alchemy. Later Alchemists tried various projects to save and revitalize the world which either failed or generally made things worse.

The Protagonists in the story are generally more down to earth characters who aren't world savers, they're just trying to live their own lives and accomplish their personal goals, be it finding their long lost disappeared sister with Alchemy, get through their day job using Alchemy so they can bring home their paycheck as well as have fun exploring and doing things, or try to help/save their own town/village etc.

The world has basically deteriorated beyond the point anyone could individually save and the scale of projects we see attempted by people in the backstories are FAR beyond what any of the individual protagonists in the game can do. Some of them do go out into the world seeking for their own answers about the Dusk but for me the story has always been about these individual's journeys rather than the eventual destinations. I'm pretty much rambling at this point, but hopefully I got my point across.
Old 2017-01-05, 10:07   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well my point being that the adds and trailers for Shallie as the Dusk trilogy finale is supposed to bring closure to the Dusk story line. Whether or not the world is saved from it's doom is not really important to me; I've accepted that in all likelihood their world will eventually die off anyway, but I can still accept that it may be saved.

All I want is a conclusion, whatever it may be, as long as it's satisfying.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote