Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 00:24   Link #2161
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Yakuza 3 US release date announced: Never

Earlier this evening, I was talking with a friend, Mr. Ray Almeda, who works in the Sega marketing department, and we did some catching up and had a bit of small talk. Before our conversation ended, though, I asked him about the current status of Yakuza 3 coming stateside. He gave me a blunt answer: No Yakuza 3.

Sega fans and Yakuza fans will be saddened to know that Sega won’t be bringing Yakuza 3 stateside. The reason as to why they won’t be bringing the game over is simple: it won’t sell, he told me. They have a firm stance to believe that would be the case, too. Yakuza 2 has only sold around 40k copies in America on the PS2. The numbers for the original Yakuza aren’t much better.

The series is moderately popular in Japan and the series will stay there. With the recent announcement of Yakuza 4 coming to PS3 in the future, you can bet it won’t see release outside of Japan.
http://www.examiner.com/x-12218-Prov...nnounced-Never

In short, an English port of the game will never see the light of day.

Makes me glad I know enough Japanese on a level enough to play the Game.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 09:42   Link #2162
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well think I might have to check out Agarest, I recall seeing something about it before in this thread.

but more importantly has anyone got FAT princess?!
Its a game I want to get but want a few opinions before departing with 12 quid
Old 2009-08-01, 11:38   Link #2163
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I got it at the US store because my Visa works on there and I didn't want to pay 15 euros when I can pay 10 and get the same thing.

It would've been worth 15 euros as well. It's great fun online and until now it didn't get boring at all. Even watching the credits is exciting in this game

I would definitely recommend it if you like class-based online games. I have a blast playing the priest (and sometimes worker but I can't get the hang of the bombs).
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 12:03   Link #2164
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ahh I was just on my PS3 and just decided to go ahead and get it....but when I went to put some funds in, I found out my card just expired!!!>__<

Will have to wait till I get a new card!
Old 2009-08-01, 19:20   Link #2165
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Fat Princess is farking awesome!

Just too bad most people are trying out the different classes first, when strategically at least half of the team should be workers right at the beginning of the game.

But when you see people working together, from multiple workers storming the gate with a big bomb each, or your warriors are OHKO'ing those pesky enemy priests with their spears, or when friendly mages stop pursuing enemies in their tracks with their ice nova, it sure does give you a sense of satisfaction. XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 20:29   Link #2166
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Anyone know if the rumers about the PS3 having a $100 price cut starting August 10th are true?
Old 2009-08-02, 20:33   Link #2167
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

^ False..
Haven't read anything about Sony cutting the price .. in a while.
Old 2009-08-02, 20:45   Link #2168
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
^ False..
Haven't read anything about Sony cutting the price .. in a while.
Thanks Lycan.
Old 2009-08-03, 02:13   Link #2169
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Afaik this one is supposed to launch at 299 euro/dollar (?) in September (internationally). European announcement is supposed to be on the 18th.

However shops may be wanting to get rid of old inventory by selling under MSRP if you want a cheap PS3 now.

Source: http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3...and-new-model/
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 02:28   Link #2170
Cipher

there's a slim ps3? oh yea, my ps3's system broke. It won't open up. It only makes the noise, shows the original background but it stops there and its not letting me get to the menu screen. can anyone help me??
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 02:35   Link #2171
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
there's a slim ps3? oh yea, my ps3's system broke. It won't open up. It only makes the noise, shows the original background but it stops there and its not letting me get to the menu screen. can anyone help me??
First you could try a hard reset - remove the power cable and put it back in.

Second, try booting the PS3 while keeping the power-on button pressed (on the console; near eject button). This should also reset the video setting. Also if there is a disc in the drive, try getting it out by pressing eject to power up the system.

Last, I don't know if it's going to be any help, but if you have a spare notebook HDD around, you could try and swap the HDD out to see if the problem is related to that (this page suggest swapping HDD might work: http://www.fixya.com/support/t125584...tart_up_frezee). Guide: http://www.overclock.net/playstation...rive-swap.html

If you don't have a spare HDD around, you could try simply removing the HDD, to see if you at least get the "No HDD found" error (as it's supposed to show). It won't boot that way though, needless to say.

Important tip: keep a memory card or USB stick in the PS3 at all times to frequently back-up your most important saves. This works for all saves (PS1/PS2/PS3) btw. Alternatively frequently do a full backup using the PS3's own backup feature once in a while.

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-08-03 at 02:47.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 02:55   Link #2172
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Actually that's what happened to me. You will need to reinstall the database(saves/contents won't be deleted).

Hold Power Button to turn off.
Hold Power Button while turning on and let it go on the second beep.
Choose "Reinstall Database".

I think that's how it was totally forgot it was a few months ago it happened.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:09   Link #2173
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
When that happened to me and my ps3 all I did was hard reset and then I left it off for a day and the next day I turned it on and it was perfectly fine.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 17:38   Link #2174
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Sounds very good. The lack of a card method to buy online on the PSN was my biggest gripe with the system.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 20:19   Link #2175
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Was this posted already? Possible PS3 Slim on the market?
Fake. If it was real, they would have power it up and load a game/blu ray movie or two to make good their claims instead of just some jerky camera focusing on the exterior.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:15   Link #2176
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

PS3 Makes More Money For EA then The 360
Old 2009-08-06, 11:26   Link #2177
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
First you could try a hard reset - remove the power cable and put it back in.

Second, try booting the PS3 while keeping the power-on button pressed (on the console; near eject button). This should also reset the video setting. Also if there is a disc in the drive, try getting it out by pressing eject to power up the system.

Last, I don't know if it's going to be any help, but if you have a spare notebook HDD around, you could try and swap the HDD out to see if the problem is related to that (this page suggest swapping HDD might work: http://www.fixya.com/support/t125584...tart_up_frezee). Guide: http://www.overclock.net/playstation...rive-swap.html

If you don't have a spare HDD around, you could try simply removing the HDD, to see if you at least get the "No HDD found" error (as it's supposed to show). It won't boot that way though, needless to say.

Important tip: keep a memory card or USB stick in the PS3 at all times to frequently back-up your most important saves. This works for all saves (PS1/PS2/PS3) btw. Alternatively frequently do a full backup using the PS3's own backup feature once in a while.
Your help brought my console back to life. The booting was the one that saved it. Do you know what possible reasons that could've caused this? why the hdd became corrupt? I'd like to avoid this tragedy from
happening again.. for the sake of my future gaming.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 02:07   Link #2178
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well think I might have to check out Agarest, I recall seeing something about it before in this thread.

I have heard about it, I wish someone got all the Agarest Senki Zero CGs, the best thing about it is the soul breeding
Old 2009-08-07, 18:32   Link #2179
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Just picked up an 80GB PS3 the other day with Valkyria Chronicles. This system is cool, lets me do a lot more than my 360 did (Folding@Home anyone?).
Old 2009-08-08, 22:30   Link #2180
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

General question for advices: I have 3 fighting games, SCIV, SFIV, BB and I just get so frustrated on not pulling the moves that I needed in dual shock 3(at least for SFIV and BB) and ends up loosing over 90% of the time . Is it wise to start investing on a fighting stick? I mean when I buy something I tend to buy something top quality (I hate stuffs that have cheap feelings ) and they are quite expensive and im quite broke right now.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony