AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-04-28, 06:08   Link #8041
mitsuganae

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
. . . but holy crap plot movement.
About bloody time too. I don't find the shipping business particularly interesting, but I do hope the reminder of Wataru's stone signals that more of the central mystery will be revealed before too long. Then again, given Hata's tendency to advance plot in spasms separated by considerable periods of near-stasis, I guess one shouldn't be too hopeful.

Edit: The scatological connoisseur in me wishes you had switched around plot and crap.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2011-04-28 at 09:19.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 12:34   Link #8042
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's never looked at him in any kind of romantic light. But he liked her. I'm a bit disappointed he gave up like that.
I think he just has a crush on Isumi, but deep down he cares about Saki more. Remember the chapter that he bought an expensive kimono, and has to make a choice as to whom he will gift it to? He chose Saki in the end.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 00:05   Link #8043
Shadow5YA

I wonder if Wataru originally received a stone from Mikado as a result of the engagement with Nagi.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 03:20   Link #8044
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I wonder if Wataru originally received a stone from Mikado as a result of the engagement with Nagi.
Didn't he received it from his mother when he was in Vegas?
Old 2011-04-29, 14:13   Link #8045
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Didn't he received it from his mother when he was in Vegas?
Who may have received it from Mikado as exchange for the engagement with Nagi.
Old 2011-04-29, 16:30   Link #8046
madmac

Quote:
Who may have received it from Mikado as exchange for the engagement with Nagi.
I doubt it. Mikoto told Wataru to keep the stone a secret from the Sanzenins and rather heavily implied she got her stone from Yukariko. She was in love with Nagi's mom, remember.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 03:03   Link #8047
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Speaking of stones, judging from the vol. 26 omake, it seems Aika is somehow involved in Athena's current state (and what the heck happened to Machina?).
Old 2011-04-30, 04:43   Link #8048
AnimeFangirl

You will find out... In chapter 499!
Old 2011-04-30, 07:13   Link #8049
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Speaking of stones, judging from the vol. 26 omake, it seems Aika is somehow involved in Athena's current state (and what the heck happened to Machina?).
I thought Machina was the sword that Hina carries around with her now.
Old 2011-04-30, 10:46   Link #8050
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I thought Machina was the sword that Hina carries around with her now.
No offense, but that's kind of gross.
Old 2011-04-30, 10:51   Link #8051
GlassesLady
dat apple

Wait, why's it gross? What's-her-name pulled that sword out of Machina's head and/or turned Machina into the sword, and now Hina owns it. That's all.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 12:19   Link #8052
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Wait, why's it gross? What's-her-name pulled that sword out of Machina's head and/or turned Machina into the sword, and now Hina owns it. That's all.
Well, I haven't been keeping track of the sword business, but the idea that Hina get involved with some guy without her knowing does not sits well with me. Think about this: what if there is something in your room that can turn into a person of opposite sex (and you might not know anything about it)? I think most guys will say awesome if it turns into a beautiful girl and probably vice versa, but it will be creepy in most situations. I don't care about Machina one way or another. I think he is just some character the author created so that Atan has someone to interact with. That's all.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2011-04-30 at 12:31.
Old 2011-04-30, 17:34   Link #8053
GlassesLady
dat apple

... No one ever said that the sword could turn back into Machina, at all. Actually, I think we saw Machina after Ginka (or whoever) pulled the sword out of his head, so he's probably not the sword. So, uh, calm down.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 22:26   Link #8054
Tom Bombadil

hmm, I don't see why my comment is perceived as being agitated or angry, but I am not. Just stating an opinion that I have had for a long time, that the author has introduced too many characters whom I care very little about (because they will not receive enough developments). Machina is one of them, and Fumi is another.
Old 2011-04-30, 23:09   Link #8055
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chap 318... I like to think that I'm open minded, but the truth is the reason why I can't support Wataru/Saki is because of the age difference- it's just too extreme IMO.

At the same time I guess the Isumi route has completely closed, but I would like to see something happen on Sakuya's side every since her birthday chapter years ago...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 23:12   Link #8056
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Chap 318... I like to think that I'm open minded, but the truth is the reason why I can't support Wataru/Saki is because of the age difference- it's just too extreme IMO.
you never seen anything form clamp have you?
Old 2011-04-30, 23:17   Link #8057
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you never seen anything form clamp have you?
Only xxxholic anime and tsubasa manga... Didn't even finish them... Oh there's Cardcaptor when I was younger but in the end the couple was of similar age...

My point is- I guess I'm more narrow minded that I thought, but this young adult to child pairing doesn't sit well with me.
Old 2011-05-01, 00:25   Link #8058
madmac

Quote:
My point is- I guess I'm more narrow minded that I thought, but this young adult to child pairing doesn't sit well with me.
I wouldn't exactly say it's "narrow minded" to be at least little squicked out by pairing a 13 year old with a 20 year old. It's a completely normal reaction where I'm sitting.

That said...It's not like they're dating now or anything remotely similar. Wataru just decided Saki is more important to him then anyone else is all and Saki just wants to be able to keep helping him and being part of his life. If they ever get around to being actually romantic it won't be until Wataru is at least an adult. Which would still be more then a little weird because Saki has known him since he was a kid, but, well...Japan.

Quote:
and Fumi is another.
See, I like Fumi precisely because she's a character that doesn't require any real development. She's just random comedy and very good at it. I mean, she isn't even friends with anyone in the main cast. She's just there.

I like Machina as well. This series is starved for male characters and he was pretty interesting/amusing when he was around. There's obviously a reason that he isn't with Athena right now that will be explained eventually.

While the overall cast is pretty huge, a lot of characters have been officially or unofficially retired or show up seldom enough that they don't really count. The number of characters who appear frequently is much smaller and I'd blame most lack of development more on Hata's pacing then crowding issues.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 00:32   Link #8059
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I wouldn't exactly say it's "narrow minded" to be at least little squicked out by pairing a 13 year old with a 20 year old. It's a completely normal reaction where I'm sitting.

That said...It's not like they're dating now or anything remotely similar. Wataru just decided Saki is more important to him then anyone else is all and Saki just wants to be able to keep helping him and being part of his life.
That's pretty much a confession in Anime world

It's up there with- "...I-I don't dislike you."
Old 2011-05-01, 04:35   Link #8060
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The age difference would be more worrying if it hadn't been shown time and again that Wataru's the mature, reliable one of the pair...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen